• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Hornet3d

Wise
Strange to think that while the shows themselves have changed my interests have varied little over the years. A lot earlier in the thread I mentioned that, as a child, I used to watch Edgar Lustgarten and his documentaries on real crime. These days many of the shows I watch are still about real crime, of course the reporting is very different though I doubt the crimes are any more evil just that they are more fully reported. As a child I used to love space and living through the moon landings was quite special, my interest has remained as the reach into and knowledge of space has grown.

eclark1894

Visionary
Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
They're the modern Stone Age Family
From the town of Bedrock
They're a page right out of history

Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet

When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba-dabba-doo time
A dabba-doo time
We'll have a gay old time

From the town of Bedrock

Someday maybe Fred will win the fight
Then the cat will stay out for the night

A dabba-doo time

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh I can't wait! Today I looked up Jared Harris (my favorite actor) on IMDB and see that he's playing Hari Seldon in an upcoming Foundation series! Foundation (TV Series) - IMDb

It's going to be interesting how they tackle this because Azimov's writing at the time had no action it was all thought if that makes sense. And I think this is the reason why people said the Foundation series couldn't be done on screen.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I'm not familiar with the actor, but Isaac Azimov is one of my 3 all time favorite authors, one in each of the three genres of books I was reading back then.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Jerod Harris is the son of Richard Harris. He's been in a lot of stuff, even played on Mad Men. All the acting seemed really good on Mad Men then Jarod Harris comes in and just naturally puts everyone else to shame.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I know who Richard Harris is. I went to IMDB to check, and Jared Harris does look slightly familiar, so I may have seen him in something, but just didn't recognize his name. Ohhhh, he's playing Hari Seldon in Foundation, interesting. I loved the books.

eclark1894

Visionary
From the town of Bedrock

Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet

A dabba-doo time

From the town of Bedrock

Someday maybe Fred will win the fight
Then the cat will stay out for the night

A dabba-doo time
You know, I never did figure out why Fred didn't just climb back in through the window. :unsure:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I loved the foundation series - as I recall there was some action, but it was overshadowed by intrigue and politics. I need to revisit the series and read the remaining books that came after Foundation's Edge... hard to believe how long ago I read those... it was a different life then - I was a different man.

eclark1894

Visionary
This one isn't for Memorial Day. It's just a Remember this one. I used to have the SeaView when I was a kid. Took it and my rubber Duck to bath time every night. Later, when I grew up I got hold of the model they made for the Flying Sub.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I liked the Wild Wild West show too, though my favorite western show back then was Gunsmoke.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I loved the foundation series - as I recall there was some action, but it was overshadowed by intrigue and politics. I need to revisit the series and read the remaining books that came after Foundation's Edge... hard to believe how long ago I read those... it was a different life then - I was a different man.
Yes, of all the books I've read over the years (decades), those are the only ones I still have. I've gotten rid of a lot of books by donating them to the local library, or giving them to friends, but the Foundation series is definitely on my list to read again at some point, so they're not going anywhere.

eclark1894

Visionary
I liked the Wild Wild West show too, though my favorite western show back then was Gunsmoke.
Gunsmoke and Bonanza were my sister's favorite shows. She LOVED westerns. Every time I went over to her house she was watching one like the High Chaparral or the Big Valley. If it wasn't one of those it was The Fugitive or Perry Mason. I was more of a Saturday morning Western kid. My favorites were Roy Rogers and for some reason I can't remember, Sky King. I used to wake up early on Saturday mornings because all my favorite monster movies came on Saturday mornings at six a.m. on Sunrise Theater.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Geeze, I'm feeling my age. I remember all those shows as well, as I also liked westerns. My mom used to watch Perry Mason with me, which makes me wonder if she had an inkling back then I would wind up spending 40 years at a major NY law firm. ~shakes head~