• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We hobnob with royalty?

Well fancy that!

But then again, we do have a Queen Bee here too :wink:
LOL, true, so you never know. Now I'm really curious as to who our Princess In Hiding is.

Oh and Jeanne, I've been a member here almost since the site opened, and I haven't a clue who it is. Hmmmm, maybe she'll reveal herself. :sneaky:

Miss B

CV-BEE
As to who the princess is, by her own words She is a princess in hiding so I won't reveal her identity without permission. However, she is monitoring this very thread and is active in the Hive. A little detective work would see you through this mystery.
I don't know Rob, we have a lot of very active members here.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Stan Lee was introducing Black Heroes before any other major group. If you were black, you welcomed the chance to exist.

I understand what you were getting at now. And yes, until very recently finding any decent CoC (character of color) was hard in all sorts of mediums and genres. They are still pretty scarce but it's wildly improved these last few years. I always find it interesting on another show I like, Once Upon a Time, how they try to find places to bring in people of different ethnicities, which is hard, since they are also trying to be versions of the Disney movies, which are typically pretty white, although in most cases because they are based on European stories.

On that note, I have to say I really loved the first season and a half of Empire, but I just haven't been able to get into the newest season, because they've just become too much of a soap opera, which is too bad, because at it's best that show was just amazing.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I don't know Rob, we have a lot of very active members here.

Well, we already know her Gender so I think EClark is out. My name is Robin so my gender is clear. There ya go. I've removed two names from the list. Maybe.
I searched for the thread where the Princess revealed herself. It didn't take long so again let me say a little detective work and a minor mystery is solved. How nice that you can't just google the answer.

To EClark : Did you know that Amos and Andy was first reprised on the radio by two white comedians? I did do research on the TV that was well before my time but I think that is for another thread and another day. I was surprised to learn that initially well received by the black community of the day. Live and learn.

To Gadget Girl : Really? I've never seen the TV Show Empire. I could be missing something. I remember that I thought Smallville was too much of a soap opera and they weren't doing the hero justice when one night on a day off, I caught the series and was amazed. They got it. They really did well and I was sorry to see the series go. Still, the good news is because it was in reruns I got to watch it everyday! No waiting six months for a cliff hanger!

Personally, I'm still waiting for another Babylon 5. Even a perpetual downer of a series like Battlestar Galatica (I loved it but could only take so much suffering and watching my favorites either turn into Cylons or were killed off) would be welcome. I wonder if they'll make Galaxy Quest a series.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, we already know her Gender so I think EClark is out. My name is Robin so my gender is clear. There ya go. I've removed two names from the list. Maybe.
I searched for the thread where the Princess revealed herself. It didn't take long so again let me say a little detective work and a minor mystery is solved. How nice that you can't just google the answer.
Well, I happen to know a gal who's name is Robin, so no, that wouldn't rule you out, EXCEPT, I use the dark forum theme, and that shows the poster's gender if they stated it in their profile. That's the only way I know you're male, and not female. ;)

To EClark : Did you know that Amos and Andy was first reprised on the radio by two white comedians? I did do research on the TV that was well before my time but I think that is for another thread and another day. I was surprised to learn that initially well received by the black community of the day. Live and learn.
I remember that TV show, though I was pretty young at the time, and I think we still had our first black & white TV.

To Gadget Girl : Really? I've never seen the TV Show Empire. I could be missing something. I remember that I thought Smallville was too much of a soap opera and they weren't doing the hero justice when one night on a day off, I caught the series and was amazed. They got it. They really did well and I was sorry to see the series go. Still, the good news is because it was in reruns I got to watch it everyday! No waiting six months for a cliff hanger!
I watched the first 2 episodes of Empire, and decided it wasn't for me, but the acting, and script writing were good, and it has gotten a lot of praise.

Personally, I'm still waiting for another Babylon 5. Even a perpetual downer of a series like Battlestar Galatica (I loved it but could only take so much suffering and watching my favorites either turn into Cylons or were killed off) would be welcome. I wonder if they'll make Galaxy Quest a series.
I loved Babylon 5. I have to admit it was my all time favorite of the Sci-Fi shows. I liked the original Battlestar Galatica, but didn't really take to the remake. Not sure why, but I guess because it had a "darker" feel, even though the acting was good. I always liked Edward James Olmos in his various roles over the years, but I just couldn't get into the remake the way I did the original.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well duuuuuh!
BangHeadEmoti.gif
That was easy. ~shakes head~

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I dont know either and dont at the moment have the time to go hunting so ill just have to stay in the dark for the minute.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I loved Babylon 5. I have to admit it was my all time favorite of the Sci-Fi shows. I liked the original Battlestar Galatica, but didn't really take to the remake. Not sure why, but I guess because it had a "darker" feel, even though the acting was good. I always liked Edward James Olmos in his various roles over the years, but I just couldn't get into the remake the way I did the original.

I remember the original well. Though it might seem a bit hokey today, It was fun to watch and had some GREAT episodes. The new one was incredibly darker but a lot more grown-up and filled with Alpha personalities that clashed and sexuality both good and bad. Getting Edward James Olmos as Adama was a steal that immediately brought legitimacy, coolness and fun. It was fun seeing how they chose different characters to reprise certain characters. I had no problem with Grace Park as Boomer, my favorite character from the original. I never got tired of watching her. The Dynamic between Park and Olmos was so intense! But then each episode was intense and most victories were Pyrrhic in nature. It made real victories like the mass exodus from the New Caprica settlement a real treat. I only stopped watching once they killed off Starbuck. She was one of my favorites and I just couldn't take seeing another season of suffering and watching another favorite bite the dust. I did catch the rest of series once it was in reruns. I won't say how it ended in case you do end up seeing it.

That said, the Baritone of Lorne Green was also something special.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was incredibly easy! Would have been easier if I'd just searched princess in hiding instead of just princess. That results in five hits (now six probably).

You've actually been in her presence Pen!

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember the original well. Though it might seem a bit hokey today, It was fun to watch and had some GREAT episodes. The new one was incredibly darker but a lot more grown-up and filled with Alpha personalities that clashed and sexuality both good and bad. Getting Edward James Olmos as Adama was a steal that immediately brought legitimacy, coolness and fun. It was fun seeing how they chose different characters to reprise certain characters. I had no problem with Grace Park as Boomer, my favorite character from the original. I never got tired of watching her. The Dynamic between Park and Olmos was so intense! But then each episode was intense and most victories were Pyrrhic in nature. It made real victories like the mass exodus from the New Caprica settlement a real treat. I only stopped watching once they killed off Starbuck. She was one of my favorites and I just couldn't take seeing another season of suffering and watching another favorite bite the dust. I did catch the rest of series once it was in reruns. I won't say how it ended in case you do end up seeing it.

That said, the Baritone of Lorne Green was also something special.
I liked Boomer too, but didn't like that they made her a Cylon, and didn't like that they made Starbuck female. That killed the whole show for me right there, because the camaraderie between Apollo and Starbuck was what made the show appealing for me in the original. I would have liked it more if they had made Boomer a more integral part of the trio, but well, he was black and they just didn't do that stuff back then.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist

Well, what was great about Empire at the beginning was the way they used the music industry to parallel royal families of the medieval era, and the power struggles between members of the family on the show, and so at the beginning it felt like King Lear and Macbeth. Unfortunately I think they felt pushed to resolve then move onto new storylines too quickly so instead of it being meaningful when one member of the family forgave another and switched 'sides' it just became okay, who's the one son on dad's side this week.

As for Smallville I think it did start out as sort of a teen romance drama, but it did get better, although I didn't follow the show to it's end.

Miss B

CV-BEE
. . . and didn't like that they made Starbuck female. That killed the whole show for me right there, because the camaraderie between Apollo and Starbuck was what made the show appealing for me in the original.
EXACTLY!!! That bothered the hell out of me as well.

eclark1894

Visionary
EXACTLY!!! That bothered the hell out of me as well.
I'm going to expound upon that topic some more because, I do realize that there are some people out there who steadfastly believe that you don't really lose anything by swapping out gender, race, age and sexual orientation on a fictional character. I seriously disagree. For example, changing Tom Sawyer into a girl would completely change everything about that story. What if Tom was now Tammy? Would she even be friends with Huck Finn? Or would the story be about how she was trying to get him to notice her? Forget about the tale of Tom and Huck whitewashing the fence or running away and coming back to spy on their own funerals. Wouldn't happen, no way. No Becky Thatcher either unless they were both rivals for Huck's affections or Tammy was exploring her sexuality.

Let's update to the Avengers movies where Thor is now female. No more Hulk and Thor arguments. That'll be the first thing to go. The best part of the movie as far as I'm concerned are the dynamics between certain characters.

I'm just saying, sometimes it's best to leave things alone.:cautious: