• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is a "Slut Dress"?

Oh yeah, and those hippy chicks also wore bell-bottom hip-huggers.
Sometimes skin-tight, so those girls could be sexy too.
There was a local singer named Lydia Pence who wore those things as tight as she could get 'em. YOW!
How the seems held I don't know. And oh could she sing!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Remember Cher?
My grandma would always smile and say "bless her little belly button" every time she saw the way Cher dressed. :laugh:

Hornet3d

Wise
Like so many other things in life the word slut has a different meaning for people based on a number of factors. I do think a lot of the outfits for 3D figures would be regarded as slutish if worn in real life but even then it would depend a lot on where it is worn and who by. The only problems I have with such products is that it is used on occasions to support a very anti feminist stance by some men, but that is not the fault of the outfit or the person that made it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Like so many other things in life the word slut has a different meaning for people based on a number of factors. I do think a lot of the outfits for 3D figures would be regarded as slutish if worn in real life but even then it would depend a lot on where it is worn and who by. The only problems I have with such products is that it is used on occasions to support a very anti feminist stance by some men, but that is not the fault of the outfit or the person that made it.

For a thread that I said I was actually through with, I know I'm suddenly saying a lot, but Hornet's last words have brought up a personal observation, and that is that as with most things regarding the 2 genders they are both full of hypocrises and double standards. For example, say something negative about women in general. Doesn't even matter if it's true or not, you will most likely cause a flame war and get that thread locked very quickly. And everyone will want to express their opinion. Say something negative about men in general, again, true or not, not only will most people not care what you said, but aside from some personal exemption for yourself, or some close male relative or acquaintance, most people will not only not defend the male gender, they'll tend to agree with the negative opinion.

agentunawares

Contributing Artist
For a thread that I said I was actually through with, I know I'm suddenly saying a lot, but Hornet's last words have brought up a personal observation, and that is that as with most things regarding the 2 genders they are both full of hypocrises and double standards. For example, say something negative about women in general. Doesn't even matter if it's true or not, you will most likely cause a flame war and get that thread locked very quickly. And everyone will want to express their opinion. Say something negative about men in general, again, true or not, not only will most people not care what you said, but aside from some personal exemption for yourself, or some close male relative or acquaintance, most people will not only not defend the male gender, they'll tend to agree with the negative opinion.

Aligns with this particularly illuminating quote from a DAZ PA.

A female version is still up for debate. Many people are concerned that a severed woman would appear more "violent" and "abusive" than the severed man.

Hornet3d

Wise

A fair point and certainly valid in a number of instances, I just happen to believe that not talking about it will make the hypocritical attitudes go away. Personally I try to defend anyone who is unfairly treated irrespective of race, creed, culture, sex and any other pigeonhole anyone wants to add. I am far from perfect but I do have a fair record of standing standing up for others both male and female.

The quote is also interesting, and again, I can see it has credibility but if true I would also be interested know why this is the case.

eclark1894

Visionary
A fair point and certainly valid in a number of instances, I just happen to believe that not talking about it will make the hypocritical attitudes go away. Personally I try to defend anyone who is unfairly treated irrespective of race, creed, culture, sex and any other pigeonhole anyone wants to add. I am far from perfect but I do have a fair record of standing standing up for others both male and female.

The quote is also interesting, and again, I can see it has credibility but if true I would also be interested know why this is the case.
Anecdotally speaking only, I can only surmise that as with most things in our western society, women are regarded with two biases firmly in place, that of sexuality, and victimhood. For the most part, even if men are regarded in a sexualized way, and even if they ARE the actual victims, they aren't seen that way. They are always regarded as having had some control over the situation. Even if, in reality, they didn't.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, women are the weaker sex. I'm sooooo tired of hearing that silly statement. I'd like to see any man try to match my exercise, or boxing, routines just because they're men. HA!!

I remember when I had gone back to get another degree in the late '80's early '90's. I had to take a Phys Ed class, and I chose weight training. We were working out on the equipment one session, and our professor said he'd give anyone an automatic "A" if they could leg press 100lbs. Needless to say, I was willing to try, and this was at least a decade before I joined my gym on a regular basis, but one of the smart ass guys in the class told the professor I'd never be able to handle it since I'm a woman (who was at least twice his age).

My professor said I was wearing Bermuda shorts the week before, and my legs looked strong enough. I proved the fool wrong when I managed it easily, and then gave him a lesson in anatomy. Women have stronger lower body strength than men every day of the week, and if he didn't believe me, I'd like to see him try to carry a child (or twins) around for nine months before giving birth to them. The professor smiled, and the rest of the gals in the class cheered, and the fool walked away muttering under his breath.

agentunawares

Contributing Artist
...I hope that story is a joke. Anyone who weighs more than 100 pounds can very, very easily leg press 100 pounds or they would not be able to stand.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Unfortunately, no, that's not a joke. He assumed I couldn't leg press 100lbs. because I was a woman.

That said, one of the other gals, a little petite thing, also managed it without a problem, though it's been so long I couldn't even guess at what her body weight was, but if it was over 100 lbs, it was probably only a pound or two.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, believe it not, not everyone got an A, and it was only a 1 credit class in any case. Some of the ladies didn't want to try it for one reason or another (bad hip, bad knees) though he gave a final exam, and no one failed the class.

The 2 credit class it was paired with was Health Ed. That professor made us work for our grades. ;)

Personally I don't think there is any such thing as a "slut dress". If I wear a sexy outfit for my husband or significant other's enjoyment in no way does that make me a slut, but I am pretty sure someone viewing the outfit from the outside might make that assumption. That is why every time I read the title of this thread I get annoyed. Turn the question around to "What is a man whore outfit?" and see that a lot of assumptions go with woman's clothing that just don't with men's.

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 - in reality, in all societies, women have taken second place to men for a very long time - I'd recommend this post on male privilege & this one on sexism as worth reading. When men start to complain about women being treated differently to men, it usually seems to be a reaction to their feeling that their privilege is being infringed on or eroded rather than any genuine issue. No group ever wants to give up power after all.

I've seen plenty of posts in plenty of threads in various forums that are negative about women, but I can only ever recall one being shut down because of that. I cannot remember a single post that was negative about men in general though.

@agentunawares - that quote holds water because the level of violence & abuse that men inflict on women is very large, but the level of violence & abuse that women inflict on men is very small. That has been factually true for a very long time. That PA's concerns - or rather the concerns they are taking seriously - are justified.

eclark1894

Visionary
@eclark1894 - in reality, in all societies, women have taken second place to men for a very long time - I'd recommend this post on male privilege & this one on sexism as worth reading. When men start to complain about women being treated differently to men, it usually seems to be a reaction to their feeling that their privilege is being infringed on or eroded rather than any genuine issue. No group ever wants to give up power after all.

I've seen plenty of posts in plenty of threads in various forums that are negative about women, but I can only ever recall one being shut down because of that. I cannot remember a single post that was negative about men in general though.

So, if you've never seen it, heard of it or experienced it in all your interactions on line, then it must not be true?

agentunawares

Contributing Artist
@agentunawares - that quote holds water because the level of violence & abuse that men inflict on women is very large, but the level of violence & abuse that women inflict on men is very small. That has been factually true for a very long time. That PA's concerns - or rather the concerns they are taking seriously - are justified.

Are you saying their concerns that people take violence against men less seriously than violence against women are justified, or are you saying that you think depicting violence against men is more acceptable than depicting violence against women?

quietrob

Extraordinary
Are you saying their concerns that people take violence against men less seriously than violence against women are justified, or are you saying that you think depicting violence against men is more acceptable than depicting violence against women?
In real life violence against men or women is equally despicable. However, in the fiction of all available media, Violence against women and children is considered more cringeworthy. At least it's true for me. There will always be those who wish to take violence and gore to another level when it comes to fiction. This holds no allure for me, personally. However, it does have an appeal for some. Hence the Five or six "SAW" movies. There are simply some things that scare people. In the 80's and early 90's there was a TV show called Star Trek The Next Generation. As a viewer I could accept some creature or entity wiping out people wholesale. However, the Borg was more cringeworthy because they enslaved people against their will and turned them against their loved ones. A fate perhaps worth than death as it deprived people of their freedom. Very successful when it came to fiction. They became an acceptable foe for our sensibilities. However it IS fiction and entertainment.

I may feel saddened at the loss of a favorite character but I am horrified when such things happen as someone going into a church or school and killing men, women and children.

I hope we never become desensitized to such real life happenings.

Hornet3d

Wise
When young girls are groomed and then used as sex slaves, and interestingly, girls for one culture targeted by men from another culture, when the countries those men come from show rapes occur on the basis a one every couple of hours. When in those countries those raped women have no recourse to justice and this abuse of women is either tolerated or, in many cases accepted, it is very difficult to make a case that men in general are hard done by.

Me195

Extraordinary
It's so nice to see identity politics poking up it's venomous head into a community as great as this one.

Hornet3d

Wise
It's so nice to see identity politics poking up it's venomous head into a community as great as this one.

I am not sure I quite understand that, but if aimed at my comment I can only say it is based on what I have seen in my own country. Outside of that, the information on the occurrence and attitude towards rape for different parts of the world is easy to find.

That said it was rather reaction to the suggestion that men are hard done by. Whenever you read any of my posts you have to keep in mind I have a very strange outlook on life, for example, the fact that we pay our entertainers and sports people (male of female) vastly more than those that care for others and save lives seem morally wrong to me, so as you see a very strange outlook.

If my posts are upsetting to anyone I am more than happy to have them removed.