• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is a "Slut Dress"?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Oh my, those faces on those women in dresses!

To me they look like prisoner dresses, and the women don't look very happy at all!

School dress code is still pretty rigid in Ireland, at least in schools run by the Church. I'm not sure about the rules for boys uniforms, but for us it's full uniform and only black leather shoes allowed. Any deviation gets us called sluts or tramps and pulled by the ear (that really hurts so much) into detention, I've been there a few times just for wearing runners (black ones) instead of actual clunker shoes like the ones that nuns wear.
We can't wear any bling either, no piercings or visible tattoos (I have a couple of tats on my arm, hidden by my shirt).

Honestly, I can't wait to get to college next year. Students there are treated like real people instead of clones, and they get to wear whatever they like!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm glad they changed it here in the U.S. even if I no longer go to school.

I remember one woman back when I was 14 called me a little "heifer" and a "slut" just because I was teasing a guy my BF and I knew.
My friends had to grab me and pull me out the door of the coffee shop because my temper exploded and I was going for her.

Guess I was always a bit of a rebel even being as shy as I was. :laugh:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Senior year of high school, we were FINALLY allowed to wear pants (not jeans) in inclement weather. It wasn't until a few years later that they dropped the dresses/skirts requirement altogether.

Fifty years ago, I rolled my skirts up at the waist too. My mom insisted on below the knee length, while the school required knee length.

Deviate from the dress code, and you were sent home to change. Fortunately, ears weren't allowed. Mind you, I attended public school. Dress code was much stricter at the catholic school, and they had to wear uniforms.

Now it seems everyone has to wear a uniform to school. At least they have for 20 years in Philadelphia. I was so glad I didn't have kids in school when that change went in.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think STL has uniforms in most public schools now.

Down here there are dress codes but depending on who the student is, a favorite of teachers gets away with anything.
One of my grand-daughters got a demerit for just a frayed bit on the knee of her jeans and body shamed for being about twenty pounds more than the teacher liked.

While the favorites were wearing just below the hip skirts and skin showing between blouse bottom and skirt waist.
Thank goodness they are now home schooled.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for that link, as the information in the first paragraph sounded familiar, though more from literary examples than real life. The second paragraph was more common, especially in movies and TV shows back in the day. I'm sure folks often thought of sluts and prostitutes as one and the same thing.

Hornet3d

Wise
To me they look like prisoner dresses, and the women don't look very happy at all!

School dress code is still pretty rigid in Ireland, at least in schools run by the Church. I'm not sure about the rules for boys uniforms, but for us it's full uniform and only black leather shoes allowed. Any deviation gets us called sluts or tramps and pulled by the ear (that really hurts so much) into detention, I've been there a few times just for wearing runners (black ones) instead of actual clunker shoes like the ones that nuns wear.
We can't wear any bling either, no piercings or visible tattoos (I have a couple of tats on my arm, hidden by my shirt).

Honestly, I can't wait to get to college next year. Students there are treated like real people instead of clones, and they get to wear whatever they like!

Well that hasn't changed much I still remember a girl in school being told in no uncertain terms the open toed sandals were not allowed in school as 'the boys would become excited'. I didn't see it at the time but now I am older and wiser I am aware there are some men with a foot fetish, not sure how many were in my school though. I remember thinking at the time it did not seem right as I thought all boys were excited far more by other parts of the anatomy than toes. So, as I said, not much changed as this was in the late 1960s.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ever heard never wear patent leather shoes because they reflect and boys will see up your skirt that way?

All those memories of oppression in schools sound like nightmares.
Parochial schools vary to extremes.
Those run by American Friends Meetings are totally opposite to Catholic schools.
Because the Friends place highest priority on free thinking, free spirituality and individualism.
Of course dress wouldn't have been much of an issue for boys, but I don't remember any at all.
Dress was a facet of culture in my experience.
In California and other parts of the southwest for most of the period of my life there has been no pressure to 'cover up'.
Bikinis didn't come into fashion until the 1960's but even before, beachwear and swimwear was pretty skimpy.

My experience with public schools was very limited, only 1 1/2 years.
The first was fourth grade, which only lasted until Christmas vacation, when I was expelled.

Not my fault really. The teacher pitted me against a kid who was a bully.
Probably because I'm so big and she wanted the kid to learn a lesson.
But I wouldn't get caught up in it until the poor kid got so provoked by the fool teacher that he began stalking me.
So I made a little toy from a piece of decor that was a chrome plated ball.
Cut it in half, put an insulator between the pieces and a big capacitor inside connected to
the surfaces that I charged up to a few thousand volts with my VanDeGraf generator.
One day when that kid followed me home I had it all ready and tossed it to him.
Pretty much worked like a taser. Knocked him down hard and he convulsed for a bit.
He always had his little group of sheep around so there were a few witnesses.
Good thing for me, because then I was free of the public institution.
Wasn't put back in the public school system until 6th grade, which I've posted about already.
By then I was dressing like a Beatnik but no one ever told me I couldn't.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
You and my brother would get along great! He was making bombs as a child. He built one that make a hole in a cement floor 6 inches deep. My dad was a geologist and kept a bunch of chemicals and things in the closet in my brothers' room. My parents and I were watching TV in the living room when there was a HUGE explosive noise. My dad moved his stuff out of there after that.

One time he blew one up just as my best friend was walking to my house. Nearly got her too. After that he had to go to her house, get her and walk her back to my house then walk her home when she was ready to leave.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Well that hasn't changed much I still remember a girl in school being told in no uncertain terms the open toed sandals were not allowed in school as 'the boys would become excited'.....

The annoying thing is that my school is an all girls school and there are no boys to get excited over a glimpse of a few bare toes or ankles. Who would even get all worked up about toes or ankles anyway?

Hornet3d

Wise
The annoying thing is that my school is an all girls school and there are no boys to get excited over a glimpse of a few bare toes or ankles. Who would even get all worked up about toes or ankles anyway?

There are a few I believe but I would think they are in the minority. Then again I have heard of people falling in love with bridges and other inanimate objects so it take all sorts.

You and my brother would get along great! He was making bombs as a child. He built one that make a hole in a cement floor 6 inches deep. My dad was a geologist and kept a bunch of chemicals and things in the closet in my brothers' room. My parents and I were watching TV in the living room when there was a HUGE explosive noise. My dad moved his stuff out of there after that.

One time he blew one up just as my best friend was walking to my house. Nearly got her too. After that he had to go to her house, get her and walk her back to my house then walk her home when she was ready to leave.

My cousin and I made fireworks, and sold them.

To me these attitudes seem misogynous.
Why should women need to be oppressed instead of young men learning to understand and control themselves?
Well, of course, if men should rise above their animal impulses, they could not be be manipulated by them.
Then the money-monger could not use our weaknesses to control and enslave us.
So, it's better that society be formed to promote ignorance and vilify the feminine nature than encourage personal responsibility.
Much better for the 'economy'.

Hornet3d

Wise
While I was aware of the word, in a present day meaning, the first time I heard slut connected to clothing was in a forum where someone referred to some clothing for V4 as 'slut wear'. I tend to avoid it in my renders, not that I am a prude, at least I don't think so, I just don't see many heroines going into battle dressed in little more than a bikini no matter how big their sword is. OK, I know it is fantasy but I have a problem suspending reality quite that much.

In the real world I struggle with the ramifications of such clothing such as, I think a woman should be able to walk down any street late at night dressed as she likes without being attacked, whether physically or verbally. Do I think it is a good idea, heck no, but neither do I think the female in question is asking for it. I never ceases me to amaze me that men (for it is usually men but not always) loose some very well paid jobs because they don't seem to have control over their body, and who in their right mind thinks being drunk is a defence in any case where a woman is attacked. At least in the 3D world it is virtual and so far Vicky and Dawn have never objected to anything I dressed them in.

D

Deleted member 325

Conan was such a beast he went into battle in just a loincloth most of the time! :)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Conan was such a beast he went into battle in just a loincloth most of the time! :)

Bet he's never been referrred to as wearing slut wear though.

In my opinion the word slut along with several others should go back to its original meaning and stop being used to describe a person or what they are wearing, I often feel its more demeaning to the user than those its addressed to.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You can delete the thread. Lisa. Geez, I just asked about the name of a dress.
Yes, but Lisa moved the thread to the Meadow, so she obviously felt it deserved more exposure. I happen to think it's an interesting topic, even if that wasn't your initial intention.