• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What I worked on today

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Oh, that *is* looking good.
thumbsup.gif
I think the slow flight is a good strategy.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think so too, as I don't think drones travel that quickly, as a lot of them are photographing/videotaping what they're passing in their travels.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think so too, as I don't think drones travel that quickly, as a lot of them are photographing/videotaping what they're passing in their travels.
You haven't seen the ones around here then! They have races here and they sound like mosquitoes hahaha :p

Good Luck Bonny, I don't think you'll need it tho because it looks great!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You haven't seen the ones around here then! They have races here and they sound like mosquitoes hahaha :p
Those are probably toy drones with a couple of kids doing exactly that, racing each other.

I was referring to the military type, which is what Bonnie's drone resembles.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Judging from the video clips extracted from the movie, the Oblivion drones travel fast, but suddenly decelerate/stop when they encounter a point of interest. They stop/slow to do that eye dilation/constriction thing and run the scan beam. That slow travel mode will also allow for a "beauty" shots of the drone's modeling detail.

@Bonnie2001 Have you found a way to make materials emissive? (For the "eye", scan beam, and thruster exhaust).
For the thruster exhaust and scan beam, you would use the sequential JPEGs as transparency maps (and as color maps); have you found a way to use sequential JPEGs? If not, perhaps composite the JPEGs as a .mov or .avi?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Have you found a way to make materials emissive? (For the "eye", scan beam, and thruster exhaust).
For the thruster exhaust and scan beam, you would use the sequential JPEGs as transparency maps (and as color maps); have you found a way to use sequential JPEGs? If not, perhaps composite the JPEGs as a .mov or .avi?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
OMG I won the prize for modeling, I actually won! I never won anything ever before, but the Wacom Mobile studio pro 16" is all mine and I can hardly believe it!
I'm not long back from the college after the prize announcements and I'm getting changed and made up to rush out to a friends 18th party and I'm so excited about winning such a great and expensive prize. I was confident of winning after all the work and time I put in but was not really 100% sure of it because no matter how good we are there is always someone better than us.
I will really enjoy my friends party tonight. I am so excited, you just wouldn't believe how much!

Chat tomorrow, or probably Sunday. Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Hornet3d

Wise
OMG I won the prize for modeling, I actually won! I never won anything ever before, but the Wacom Mobile studio pro 16" is all mine and I can hardly believe it!
I'm not long back from the college after the prize announcements and I'm getting changed and made up to rush out to a friends 18th party and I'm so excited about winning such a great and expensive prize. I was confident of winning after all the work and time I put in but was not really 100% sure of it because no matter how good we are there is always someone better than us.
I will really enjoy my friends party tonight. I am so excited, you just wouldn't believe how much!

Chat tomorrow, or probably Sunday. Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Fantastic news, I thought you would win but I still had my fingers crossed for you. Not only do you get the prize you also have the recognition of your talent, so well deserved. Enjoy the prise and the moment.