• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What I worked on today

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I sometimes make my own props and clothes for Dawn and Dusk for my own personal renders, and I thought I might show you some from here on in.
I don't yet know how to rig stuff for Poser or DAZ so I manually import the props/obj's to my scenes, add my maps and materials and render. I can always rig the props later on when I learn how, so they won't go to waste.
First prop is a jeans bag, which I started making today after my homework. I should get it finished tomorrow.

JeansBag.jpg

I started it in ZBrush as a cube, using the ZModeler to add loops, extrude and all the usual basic stuff. When I had the form looking the way I wanted, I subdivided and sculpted stitches and a zip on layers. The strap I cut from the bag and shaped it, the strap buckles I cut and shaped from the strap. The rings are just ring primitives. Creases and a basic denim alpha applied to the bag are on other layers.
I still have to add a zip handle, and a cloth grab piece to that. Little buttons to add at the base of the pocket, puff/round the shape of the bag out more in the middle and then make a proper denim material.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Sweet work Bonnie! It's always nice to see work from someone with a fresh perspective, especially of this quality. Looking forward to developments! :squee:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks everyone.
I'm not sleeping well tonight. I went to bed at 11pm and woke up an hour ago at 2am. So I decided that Dawn needs a new hat and I googled up a picture of one I like (visible in the project background). Got a start on that in ZBrush and I think I will try go back to sleep now. :sleep:

hat2.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Lovely props Bonnie and great quality work on them!! =) I look forward to seeing them textured!! Really love that jean bag ! I used to have one similar to that as a kid with fringe on the bottom! =)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I will probably finish the hat first as it's the easiest, the bow on it will take more time than the actual hat. But I won't get near it tonight because I have a pile of homework in front of me. Maths and Science, the hardest subjects all in one evening. :( :confused:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sympathy!! I remember my math teacher would always load us up on Wednesday, but we never had homework on Friday so that was a good thing!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Sympathy!! I remember my math teacher would always load us up on Wednesday, but we never had homework on Friday so that was a good thing!

Over here it is unpredictable. They can gives us loadsa homework on any or all days.
I'm done with the maths homework, just starting on science.
I wonder why they can't give us CG as a subject. I wouldn't mind that at all. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, I know in the states some colleges offer dual credit so you can still be in high school but take college courses that count for both. Art and Design is one of them that many colleges around where I live offer and nursing.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Well, I know in the states some colleges offer dual credit so you can still be in high school but take college courses that count for both. Art and Design is one of them that many colleges around where I live offer and nursing.

Yes I'm doing a night course in ZBrush that should help me out. It's two hours twice a week, fairly intensive too but good fun. It starts back in a few weeks, after the summer break.
I did a bit more on the hat, seeing as I woke at 3am and can't get back to sleep. I made a custom crease alpha for the creases and drew it out with radial symmetry, and I'll add a material noise pattern to the whole hat. Also to the bow soon....

hat1a.jpg

...which I got a start on a few minutes ago.

hat1b.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree, you are really doing a nice job Bonnie.

I also like the idea of hair bows for Diva. ;)

Dylan

Eager
This is all good work Bonnie, well done. I particularly look forward to seeing your jeans bag textured.
Is the bow for the hat an Insert Mesh brush, or did you make it yourself? If you made it, can you share your workflow? Most people have problems making bows and frilly things, especially in ZBrush.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Is the bow for the hat an Insert Mesh brush, or did you make it yourself? If you made it, can you share your workflow?

I couldn't find an inset mesh anywhere so I made the bow myself. It's just a ZBrush cylinder primitive with the top and bottom cut off. Then shaped in ZModeler. I'll look at the history stack tonight, take some screen shots and post them here. Or maybe I should post them in the ZBrush part of the forum.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yes that's what I usually do, just parent and smart prop my bits and pieces. I don't have Diva yet, but will probably buy it soon.
It doesn't have to be Diva! =) lots of options for bows! Sora and Dawn for clothing as well. You could even do those 60 style headbands with the bows etc. Looking good though!! =)