• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Vampire Slayer Kit

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Working on Poser Materials
PoserBook copy.jpg

Poser Book Pages copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Nearly done with these. I just have the bottles to go and will work on those tonight. Base sets are completed and texture sets have been sent to Art_Of_Mind. So not much longer!
I have really struggled with getting these to look right with the double reflective glass on the outer and inner parts not to mention the labels, and think I might have gotten them to where they should be. I decided to go with a bit of an emissive glow with the fancy elixirs.
They have both opaque and transparent options.
Vials copy.jpg

Need to let these render a little longer
Vials2 copy.jpg

Vials3 copy.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks on the textures!!
Yes, for Iray too. The expansion set will have quite a few different options. You could use the blades for a Templar or Paladin type character. The mats will work in Poser too, but have not gotten anyone to set the .obj files in Poser yet. So may be a bit before that comes out or as it stands now it's just for Daz.

@Desertsilver Iray version.
Iray2 copy.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Not to worry, folks. This set will be available for you to purchase. We are working on finding solutions to some issues. It's a gorgeous set isn't it?

D

Deleted member 325

I have seen it asked that these could be for Poser, and it was mentioned that someone with Poser Knowledge would need to convert them. So my question is, how much needs converting? Is it just Materials? or would there be a need for rigging or weight mapping?
I could offer to assist if it is just Materials, but I would only be able to do basic and firefly materials (I have zero experience with superfly as yet). Also I can't say how quickly I could get it done (finishing some pose sets and promos, but have gotten a faster workstation set up). If it would help make these available to Poser users as well, I would be glad to help.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
As it stands now it's just for Daz, but .obj files are included so you can import those into Poser. I have tested the materials in Poser and you can apply them to the .obj files and they render fine, but special calibrations may have to be made for metallics, glasses, reflective materials, and gemstones in Poser and Superfly. Basically just work with your specular settings and toonID to get the gloss or shine you need/want and your transparency settings on the vials and bottles.

It's not so much the textures as the models and then all the images and promo images will have to be redone.

At some point there may be a Poser set. Just not sure when. It's just when I can find the time to convert the materials over. There are quite a few items with several different texture options each.

Last edited: