• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Vampire Slayer Kit

D

Deleted member 325

It's not so much the textures as the models and then all the images and promo images will have to be redone.
When you say it's the models, I am not sure how you mean. Are these mostly static props? Would they just need scaling/positioning etc? If they could be exported from DS as PP2 to preserve the positioning/scaling, then it would just be a question of redoing materials and creating promo renders for the Poser version correct?
I only ask as I would hope to be able to give the same overall relative sizes on a Poser conversion as in the DS version - though not sure if the new DS supports Poser export or not (I know DS3 Advanced did). As long as it wouldn't need actual rigging/weight mapping I wouldn't be out of my depth (I can handle OBJ importing and scaling, even adding morphs). I could create hand and grip poses where needed too - though more work will take longer, but I would be willing to undertake it to help make more content cross-platform if the authors of this set agree and wish it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
All of this would have to be Redone. Apparently the models/props are done incorrectly. 4.8 version does support the Poser Export.
Promo1.jpg
Promo2.jpg
Promo3.jpg
Promo5.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

Also, should note, was not even remotely thinking this would be something to hold up release for - was thinking the Poser users would be patient if they new support was coming for it soon.

D

Deleted member 325

Understood. I get it's a lot of materials (I have been looking in on the thread). It's a lot of smaller renders though, which once the materials are adjusted, my render queue manager should be able to chew through. Aside from 1 large re-render, I only have promos in render now, so the machines are not very tied up.

The font, is that Cenobyte?

Think it over, let me know - I will know better how my current workload stands come Monday. Planning to finish a few things over the weekend - which should leave me mostly free.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok guys Slayer Kit Base set is out as of today. The expansion kit is coming, but I wanted to make sure that everything was as they wanted it with the textures and naming before tweaking the expansion kit.

Click on the image below to purchase or preview. Mats will work in Poser but you may have to do some adjustments with the glass and reflectives and object files I believe have been included with the kit.

D

Deleted member 325

Thanks all!!

For those that asked, we've been talking behind the scenes and a Poser set is likely, but we can't say how soon.
I am still willing to help when I get the workstation fixed. About half done with data recovery, but I do have some of the needed software installed and could start work on new things while waiting to see which WIPs survived the bad HD.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 325

Still wishing/hoping for a Poser compatibility release. Looks like a fantastic set, and wouldn't mind having it to use.