• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Glad to inform that the product has been submitted to the store today. Now awaiting for HW to confirm acceptance, and then QAV follows next with Alisa. ^^

Hehe some people complain the Anime Xpression set is too old and ask for a "new" version, but I still use it exactly as it comes and it works great for me. I don't think it needs any change, since they also work with Poser 10+ subdivision surfaces if I need them higher res.

Personally, I don't think there's much to be updated, but I don't know all the "under the hood stuff."

Wow, the Witch Kit! It has LOADS of items, and it's fun to play with the morphing skull and the black cat. I still use the "Anime Animal Props" quite a bit in my renders, really, all the time. Whenever I need a bunny or cat girl. ^^

Yep, The Witch Kit. Bits of it had had cameos in many a renders I've done over the years. I don't have all of them now, but... . Great set.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, indeed.
Any more news? Or more teaser images?

I have been interacting with the HW QAV process, back and forth over the weekend. Thankfully, there were only small things here and there (so far) - kudos to Alisa and her team for finding even the smaller things that my testers have missed. I have already provided everything that was requested, to include an addition suggested by QAV, which was a preset to reset existing facial expressions. That was a great idea - I should have thought of that myself. That has been added to the set in Poser and DS yesterday. Everything (so far) has been going smoothly. :)

As for more images, I have started playing Far Cry 5 since last week, which has turn into a huge time sinkhole. If you want to have any work done, don't play that game - seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Started a new thread on body scaling [HERE]. This is useful when creating chibi bodies to use with this head. I have posted an image illustrating that body scale can be used to match the size and proportions of other figures by just using the scale dials. In the example below, I have matched Dawn with the size and proportions of Nearme to use with the Chibi head. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice illustration Ken. I would assume folks who have Nearme would be able to use the Chibi head with her as well, or is that her over on the right side?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Nice illustration Ken. I would assume folks who have Nearme would be able to use the Chibi head with her as well, or is that her over on the right side?

The first few images from this thread use the Nearme body, but this one from above is only Dawn with body scaling applied to look like Nearme. She has the same general body size and proportions, without using morphs to get there. We can even save the preset to the library for later reuse. The preset can be applied over the base Dawn with no morphs loaded, and it can be combined with existing morphs, like I did with Narrow Shoulders here. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHA! So you can do the body scaling on Dawn out-of-the-box, and then add morphs to it once she's scaled down. Interesting to say the least.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
AHA! So you can do the body scaling on Dawn out-of-the-box, and then add morphs to it once she's scaled down. Interesting to say the least.

We can do body scaling with all weight mapped figures straight off, but with legacy figures, some rigging adjustment might be needed, especially with Mil4 figures, which depend on magnets for clothing fitting. Magnets don't scale with figures. Weight mapped figure rigging removed that dependency. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Congrats! it is at the store!!! :applause:

Yup, HW has just notified me. Yay!

And now, for the formal announcement. The Universal Chibi Head has been released today, and you can get it [HERE]. :snoopydances:

Promo_00_295x295.jpg

It's packed with over a HUNDRED head morphs for all kinds of wacky chibi expressions. These are just a small sample of the expressions is can perform:

Attachments

• ADS_Banner_1180x500.jpg
    ADS_Banner_1180x500.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 228
UCH is mine now. :bounce:

I won't be doing the body scaling thing, because I use Poser Pro 2014 and probably will until my end-of-Poser-days. I'm hoping this will put some fun back into Poser for me, though, because I'm just about ready to throw in the towel with the Poser hobby. I'm sick of reconstructing runtimes (I've had to fix vast quantities of the stuff I've paid good money for over the years before reinstalling it to my new, final runtimes). Here's to hoping... ;)

I'm hoping to get something down with this cute UCH within the week. :bounce:I have a few vague ideas brewing, but I Don't know if I have the skill to pull them off... :unsure: I do wish I had more anime-ish environments. I only have a few environments installed... :eek:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
UCH is mine now. :bounce:
I'm hoping to get something down with this cute UCH within the week. :bounce:I have a few vague ideas brewing, but I Don't know if I have the skill to pull them off... :unsure: I do wish I had more anime-ish environments. I only have a few environments installed... :eek:

Art is an act of love. If you have FUN when you do it, something cool will naturally come out. At least to me it works that way. ^_____^

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You can start by watching the video tutorial that ships with the UCH. It's just a few minutes, and I go straight to the point. First parent the head (do not conform it!), and then match the materials using the provided 30 presets, or create your own. It's pretty simple once you try it. :)