• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Dark, wet, damp and dreary.
Wouldn't mind if it didn't cause both the RA and Fibro to act out like disobedient children.
I can tell both to behave and not make me hurt, swell or feel down but they do what they want.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know why we seem to be having your weather! been raining for a couple of days inbetween storms and danger warnings

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Might be due to that Hurricane, maybe it is messing with your weather too.
Those things seem to range pretty wide at times.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I think Winter has come, because I'm sitting here all bundled up in sweats and socks, and no heat tonight. :(

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We are having Fall weather but just wet and cool. :)
Sometimes when the hurricanes hit the coast lines it affects the inland weather too.
Maybe this last one is affecting Australia.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
About time the weather got cool for more than a few hours. It was still hot inside until I opened the window and balcony door yesterday. After it cooled down, I closed both and it was comfortable all evening/night. I opened the window again a bit this afternoon, and it's been comfortable all day, without being too cold.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
To think hubby was swimming a couple of days ago because it was so hot and now I'm bundled up in a jumper!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know. Our weather cooled down yesterday, and stayed cool today. We shall see if it warms up again, though hopefully only a little bit.

Terre

Renowned
I bet you'd get a number of interesting responses to that idea.
Sometimes good ideas come from unexpected places. :)

Terre

Renowned
30F feels like 14.
I need to get out in that in a little while to drop the car off for a full inspection. We want to make sure it's up to heading to Phoenix should that be necessary.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was a mistake to close my window before going to sleep last night. It got so hot during the night that I woke at 5:30 am!

Tonight, I'll leave it open a bit and hopefully will sleep better.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Geeze, I'm jealous, because I'm sitting here wishing we had heat. We had it for a little while the other day, but NY's stupid city ordinance, which limits when we can get heat, often causes me to get sick with a constant cold all winter. ~sigh~

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just no way could I deal with having someone else controlling my heat at home. Bad enough we have to deal with that at work. Which is why we freeze in our area whether it's winter or summer.

Doesn't the city ordinance specify when the landlord/building has to turn on the heat, rather than forbidding them from turning on the heat if the weather turns cold early? Also, can't you use space heaters?

Miss B

CV-BEE
There's a beginning and end date for the "season", though I don't recall off-hand what it is. The ordinance also specifies the hours. IOW, it has to be below 55º between 6:00am and 11:00pm, and it has to be below 40º between 11:00pm and 6:00am.

Last year it was pretty cold the whole Winter, so we had heat pretty much all day and night, except for maybe a day or two here and there, but most of the time, we could have it all day, and not at night because the temp didn't drop 15º, which I think is too big a gap.

This is something we discuss at the shareholders' meeting every year (which is coming up in a couple of weeks), and the Board president said there really isn't much we can do, because if we're ever found in violation, there will be a huge fee to pay.

eclark1894

Visionary
There's a beginning and end date for the "season", though I don't recall off-hand what it is. The ordinance also specifies the hours. IOW, it has to be below 55º between 6:00am and 11:00pm, and it has to be below 40º between 11:00pm and 6:00am.

Last year it was pretty cold the whole Winter, so we had heat pretty much all day and night, except for maybe a day or two here and there, but most of the time, we could have it all day, and not at night because the temp didn't drop 15º, which I think is too big a gap.

This is something we discuss at the shareholders' meeting every year (which is coming up in a couple of weeks), and the Board president said there really isn't much we can do, because if we're ever found in violation, there will be a huge fee to pay.

Even using space heaters?

Terre

Renowned
Space heaters sound like a good option to me too. That's too cold for me.

38F here right now with an expected high of 48.

eclark1894

Visionary

Most houses and apartments can be easily winterized. Most cold spots and ghosts in a room are actually just drafts. They're usually doors, windows, vents. Once you find out where they are and block them up, your apartment or house will warm up quickly and hold heat longer. Rooms that aren't used that often, should be sealed off. No point in heating them if no one's in them, and it' easier to heat three rooms rather than four. Might want to put down some throw rugs too. Cold floors in the morning are a bitch!:eek: