• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad to hear you guys are all OK. Sad to hear about the youngster who died. That's always sad. I remember when a tree near the front of our building was brought down during a bad freaky storm a number of years ago, but luckily the direction it fell in only ruined 3 or 4 cars, as it didn't fall in the direction of the building.

We've had rain here off and on all day, sometimes dumping a lot all at once. I haven't heard about any downed trees around here, so the winds probably haven't been that bad. I never went out today, so don't know for sure.

We also didn't get the thunderstorms they've been predicting since the weekend, but you never know, as the day's not over yet.

eclark1894

Visionary
Doing fine in NC. Michael blew through here about five hours ago. Power blinked off and on a few times, but she held. I don't think my roof's gonna hold off another hurricane in it's current condition though.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We had about an hour of intense rain this morning, and nothing for the rest of the day. However, it's apparently rained again this evening because the streets are wet and shiny, but I napped through it :p

Terre

Renowned
Doing fine in NC. Michael blew through here about five hours ago. Power blinked off and on a few times, but she held. I don't think my roof's gonna hold off another hurricane in it's current condition though.
Can insurance cover the cost of replacing it? We were able to get ours replaced a couple of years ago because the hail storm the October before Goliath smashed this part of New Mexico had done enough damage to warrant it. We had some money saved up for unexpected projects and were able to pay the difference to upgrade to a metal roof.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A couple hours ago, bits of broken glass went flying past my window ... well, some of the bits actually hit my window ... and now there is a bunch of broken bits of glass scattered on my balcony ... what wasn't eventually blown off by the wind. The people in the apartment on the floor above the apartment next to me store a bunch of stuff on their balcony. Based on the direction the glass flew past my window, I'm guessing whatever this glass came from used to be on that balcony.

Open balconies aren't really intended to be used for storage!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good thing you and Tsuki weren't sitting on your balcony when this happened.

We finally got major rain around 2:30am to 4:00am this morning. I didn't hear it with the TV on, so when I shut everything down, and went into the bedroom, I could hear it beating against the windows. It got very windy a few hours later, as I could hear it howling. The sun finally came out, and has been steady now for a couple of hours, so the weather was weird, and probably remnants of Michael.

Terre

Renowned
Given the wind speeds that were reported that is probably not an exaggeration. I'm glad you two are safe and sound. Sweeping the glass up once you can do so will be probably be easy if annoying.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Last thing I'm going to do is sit on my balcony when the wind is blowing that hard! We'd have been blown off the balcony!
True, and I didn't really think you would be sitting there in the middle of a storm, it was just a picture that popped into my head at the moment I posted.

Extremely annoying as I never go out on the balcony to begin with!
I would like a balcony to sit on when the weather's nice, just so I could get some fresh air, but I can see how you'd probably not want Tsuki out there, as she's such an explorer you'd probably be following her around to make sure she doesn't get into trouble. Certainly not enjoyable at all.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, and we've definitely hit Fall weather here. Much cooler today with a high of 60º, and going to be nice and cool tomorrow, with a high of 62º. Definitely jacket weather, but at least the sun's out, and it's not humid. :D

Terre

Renowned
My mother sent a text this morning. Part of it was that she was going to be "unbooting" her computer in preparation for the storm rolling into phoenix.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Definitely chilly last night, and again this morning. So much so, WE HAVE HEAT!! :D