• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Uh oh . . . I just heard thunder in the distance. Don't know which direction it's heading, so hearing the weather report on the 11:00pm news is going to be interesting for sure.

Uh oh . . . now I just saw a flash of lightning, and it was close. Thunder still sounds in the distance, but I'm wondering how long that's going to last.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, took a look out the window, and it's pouring out there, and there's still intermittent thunder and lightning.

It's worse just north of the City, as they have trees and lines down, and I saw a quick video of some hail that look quite large. Not sure exactly where that was. According to the weather report, we should have this for about another hour, while it travels further East.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Weather report had changed to thunderstorms yesterday afternoon here. Not sure what time it finally hit here because I didn't bother to look at a clock. Sometime between dinner and bedtime :p

Miss B

CV-BEE
Weather was cloudy and cool today, but the humidity is rising. We're expecting some bad weather as Hurricane Michael passes by off the Eastern Coast of the US the next couple/three days.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Friggin' freezin' today!

and raining..... and windy..... !!!!

upload_2018-10-10_14-2-39.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hot and humid at the mo but there's a supercell storm coming, forecasting tennis ball sized hail and damaging winds

Miss B

CV-BEE
OUCH! That sounds like a good time to stay indoors. I don't recall ever seeing hail larger than maybe a quarter, but probably closer to a nickel. I can't imagine it the size of a tennis ball. Sheesh!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've seen them and the damage ouch! Its so hot at the moment I've had a cold shower and hubby is going for a swim

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, it's one of those good news bad news type of situations for me. My remaining sister and brother live in Florida so they will be impacted by hurricane Michael which is strengthening to a CAT 4 hurricane. That's the bad news. Fortunately, the storm is fast moving, and neither my sister or brother are directly in the path of the storm. Plus they both live inland, but in Florida that's that really saying much. The other bad news is that once Michael comes ashore. it's supposed to look around to see which direction it has to take to come my way in North Carolina which is still drying out from Florence. Still, the good news is it's a fast moving storm so by the time it gets here on Thursday or Friday, it will be much weaker and it won't stay around long.

Terre

Renowned
I hope you and your family all come through that all right Earl. Stay safe. My brother and sister in law are in Tampa but lives on high ground. Her parents are on the bay so they may need to evacuate again.

Hail in fruit nets? That's a lot of hail.
Is right!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, I have to say I'm just a bit concerned about Hurricane Michael. Right now it's got a direct bead on us, but it's supposed to turn to the northeast as it comes ashore.

The problem is that the storm coming out of Texas, which was predicted to push it northeast just up and disappeared overnight!

eclark1894

Visionary
Found a helpful map of impending doom. The circle on NC is Arpound where I live in Raleigh. The circle in Florida is My sister and brother. They live close to Orlando. You know, I've never been to Disney World. I've no desire to go there... at all... ever.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    531.3 KB · Views: 150

Miss B

CV-BEE
Uh oh, you're going to be caught right in the middle of it Earl. Take care of yourself.

By the time it gets up here it's going to be off the coastline, but they're still predicting major thunderstorms tomorrow.

Terre

Renowned
Cold and damp here. Cool enough to cause frost on the car early in the morning. before the sun rises.

How are those of you in the storm's path doing? Safe I hope?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
We're all safe here, but Hurricane Michael's damage is just being discovered. I haven't kept up tonight, but I know we had one death in Georgia - a 14 yr. old child who was killed when a tree came down on his home.

In my area, we had a lot of rain, it came down in buckets most of the night and some winds which calmed down about midday today.