• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

SixDs

Inspired
Well, its still winter here. Had a little dump of snow the night before last, just enough to have to shovel. The deer are getting a little tired of it, as well. I was outside at the front of the house last night when three of them came charging down the hill at the side and down and across the street. I had just enough time to think, "I wonder what's after them?", when a big grey bounded around the corner in hot pursuit. I yelled at it, and it turned its head without missing a beat and continued on down the front lawn, across the street and down into the river and out of sight. At least I turned it away from the deer which had gone in the opposite direction.

I went out this morning and took a picture in case anyone is interested in what a grey wolf's track looks like. (seems to have dropped his toothbrush when I startled him).

WolfTrack.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Whoa, that's large! Good thing it didn't turn and head for you, as any wolf with footprints that large has to be huge.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had a horrific rain storm early yesterday, and it's chilly again today, but at least there's no forecast for rain, as I hate having to go out in bad weather. Cold is one thing, wet and cold is a whole different story.

SixDs

Inspired
Yes, it wasn't a huge one, but I wasn't too worried about it turning on me, especially one by itself. The rest of the pack had gone straight down the ridge behind the house - I heard them a while later yipping and yapping in the distance. They really don't like us much and tend to know enough to give us a wide berth, despite some popular misconceptions. I just don't like them intruding on my territory. :)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Odd weather here the last couple of days. Yesterday it started out sunny and about 17c warm. Then in the afternoon it got very cloudy, cold and breezy and lter it rained. Today started out sunny and warm, so far so good. It has to get better soon as we're half the way through April already.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
It has been raining which caused my driveway to be muddy, but right now it is a sunny cold April day. I did fall into the mud on the way to the taxi today.
Today is cold but tomorrow will be warm. Strange weather.

McGyver

Energetic
It's finally warm... But it's April 22 and no yard ducks...
Lots of robins though.
I hope the ducks have not forsaken me.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
We do not get yard ducks or geese. Not sure why as those Canadian geese like dollar tree or the mall parking lot.

Weather is good but there is pollen which is getting better but not over.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Last of the White-crowned sparrows left yesterday for Canada, signaling summer is here. There's also been plenty of warblers passing through on their way to South America (via the Pacific Flyway). On the plus side, we haven't seen any Phainopeplas yet (they escape the Sonoran desert during the summer). Early arrivals mean an exceptionally hot summer. The third day of 90-ish weather... way too warm of spring.

Is anybody surprised I determine weather by bird behavior? :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Is anybody surprised I determine weather by bird behavior? :)
No, we've come to expect it Ken. ;)

I've started seeing (and hearing) some birds around here lately, and the weather is in the 50s and sunny the past few days. I actually only wore a linen blazer (instead of a heavy jacket) to the gym on Sunday. :D