• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It was really nice here yesterday, sunny all day and not too cold. 3am now and looking out my window it is calm and dry, so maybe another nice day coming up.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
We're in our 9th day of Autumn on the east coast of NSW

still mid 20's bit of rain but no beast from the east!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Cold! We had a hard freeze last night, got up to 28 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrrr.......

But I see the sun, so hopefully, it's going to warm up and spring will finally push winter off the scene.

Terre

Renowned
Last night TWC said we had a 40% chance of precipitation for today. Now it's 0%. Just cloudy and windy. We'll see what happens.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The weather here's been decent the past few days, but there's a watch on for another "possible" storm tomorrow night into Tuesday, all depending on whether it keeps moving in a straight line out to the ocean, or makes a turn up the East Coast instead. We shall see.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well they're forecasting one more possible snow storm here on the East Coast this Winter, and when is it forecast for??? You guessed it . . . next Tuesday, March 20th, the first day of Spring! It figures. ~shakes head~

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Here it was a very very cold and windy Saint Patrick's day. But we are having a really fun time all the same. I'm in Dublin town with my friends and we are having a great time with all the tourists from America and many other countries.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
We have snow today! I don't think it will last and will probably be gone by Tuesday when we go back to school after the bank holiday weekend.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Today I have been feeding sheep in the snow!

Sheep in the snow.jpg

This was a photo I took this afternoon. I threw Photoshop's oil paint filter at it. From the left, we have Clover, Dirce (pronounced der-chee, it's Scottish), Bria and Monty. The two on the far side of the feeder are Guinness the black one and Melbury the caramel-coloured one.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Do you sheer them in the spring?
I'm hoping to roo them rather than shearing them. They're a so-called "primitive" breed, which means many of them moult in the spring the way their wild ancestors used to- so it's possible, if you pick the right time for each sheep, to pluck the wool instead of clipping it away. It doesn't hurt them- there's a natural weak point in the wool fibre and left to themselves they'd rub against things until the fibres broke away at that point, leaving a short spring coat. I might still end up having to shear some of them though, because most of them are last years' lambs and I've been warned that their fleeces don't roo so easily.

Apart from the possibility of not needing clippers, another nice thing about them is that their tails are naturally that length, so the breed is never docked the way long-tailed breeds are.

Yet another nice thing is that the breed comes from the Shetland Isles, so bad weather- like this snow- and poor grazing really doesn't bother them. If you burrow your fingers down into the fleece they're lovely and toasty underneath even when it's frozen (and these are pets, some of them like cuddles- toasty warm sheepy cuddles in the cold are nice!)