• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Apparently, we lost a few trees on our block (or as the email from management says ... in our community).

Our balconies are covered in a solid sheet of ice.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well Mother Nature surprised me this morning, as I woke up to a bright sunny day. The winds are still pretty strong, but at least no rain (or snow) to deal with.

McGyver

Energetic
I woke up to about 60 or 70 feet of stockade fence down... That sucked, but there were a bunch of outdoor shelving units with loads of stuff in them that went flying when the fence went down.
Could be worse.
I didn't loose power, no trees came down so far and most of the stuff that got thrown about are scrap materials.
A lot of people north of here received storm damage to their homes... Last night 93,000 people had lost power.
There are branches everywhere and lots of mess, but thankfully nothing worse (so far, it's still pretty gusty) than annoying or inconvenient.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Tsuki would be curled up rather contentedly in her box last night, when a gust of wind would drive snow past the balcony door. She'd bolt out of her box and race to the balcony door, then spend a few minutes trying to find what had spooked her. She'd start to relax when a strong gust would loudly rip past again, spooking her all over again.

This morning we had clumps of melting ice being driven past the balcony door ... which also spooked her. The wind seems to have finally settled down, so we're both feeling ever so much better. Must as I love windy weather, it does get a bit scary higher up.

McGyver

Energetic
I'm not a fan of windy weather. To be honest I think it was more recently that it became super annoying, about ten to twelve years ago people in the area started cutting all their trees down and now the area is just a wind tunnel of fun in storms.
Most of the properties north of us cut all their trees, so now there are only a handful of trees for like three acres... It used to be mostly woods. There were rabbits, raccoons, possums, owls, and deer... Now you barely see them anymore.
The lack of any sort of wind break on the north side has lead to lots problems in recent years even though I've kept the woods on my property intact.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
It is cold outside. Well too cold for my little spring jacket. If I brought my winter jacket to work I would have been okay, but I hate trying to stick my winter jacket into the locker.

McGyver

Energetic
You need to get one of those Gallifreyan lockers... You can stuff an adult moose in one of them.
If you need too...
And the moose goes along with it.
But, your jacket would probably fit just fine.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
You need to get one of those Gallifreyan lockers... You can stuff an adult moose in one of them.
If you need too...
And the moose goes along with it.
But, your jacket would probably fit just fine.
True Gallifreyan technology would be great. Now where can I find that hot Gallifreyan? Either the one with the bow tie or the one right before the one with the bow tie?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It's 4am here and yesterday the snow stopped and started to melt. Not enough for cars to get out of the housing estates, but the main roads are clear enough for driving so the stores can get deliveries at last. Everything should be back to normal soon. I hope everyone else here stays safe.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Here in Galifray weather is lovely. Just kidding, about being in Galifray, as I am still in North Carolina.
edit: have not been outside but it looks nice outside

Dylan

Eager
The snow over the whole country is melting really quickly now. Everything should be back to normality tomorrow.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear it won't be sticking around for too long Dylan.

It's cloudy, cold and still pretty windy here today, but at least they're not expecting any precipitation again until Tuesday.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it was raining at 6:30am, and still raining at 9:30am, and when I finally dragged my a$$ out of bed it was still raining, so I thought maybe the 5" to 6" of snow they reported last night on the 11:00pm news was off.

Yeah right! Around noon it started to snow, but it wasn't bad, and it wasn't sticking, so I figured OK, I can live with it. Then around 3:00pm it noticed it was starting to stick, so I grabbed the shopping cart, went to the supermarket a block away, and came back before it got too bad. Anyway, now it looks as if we may actually get the 5" to 6" after all. Glad I got the shopping done early before it got too messy out there.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It started snowing and sticking here much earlier. It didn't start letting up until 5ish or so. The streets were so bad a SEPTA bus was stuck here all day. It wasn't until about 5 that it was finally able to leave. I watched periodically during the late afternoon as a snowplow attempted to scrape the street clear once the snow let up a bit. Then a tow truck arrived and they thought about the situation for about an hour before a huge flatbed tow truck arrived ... and had to be towed out into the intersection by the first tow truck when he got stuck too.

Not sure whether the tow trucks returned and managed to tow the bus, or whether it was finally able to drive off itself. By then, I was tired of watching the comedy.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I looked out the window about 1/2 hour ago and it stopped snowing, and from what I can see of the snow on my firescape, we only got about 2", so unless it starts up again over night, we're not going to get all the snow they predicted.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Down to freezing again last night, winter's last gasp. Or as we in the south call it - blackberry winter. We get one final frost as the blackberries bloom. Not sure if it's fact or old wives tale, but supposedly the blackberries won't set berries without that frost as they bloom. Since we always have a frost at that time, I doubt anyone can discount it even if it is a wives tale.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, at 6:30am this morning the snow was already melting, and at 9:30am the sun was bright and shining, so what snow we got is pretty much gone, except for some on hedges and grass.