• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
We are expecting snow from Siberia to hit Ireland today or tomorrow. Already there is panic buying, some stores running out of bread.

McGyver

Energetic
Panic shoppers... My favorite shoppers.
Right next to zombie shoppers and midnight pajama shoppers.

Good luck with the snow.
With the Siberian snow, do you get a lot of Yeti?
Around here we just get Canadian Yeti, but those aren't real yetis, just Sasquatchs with lighter color winter coats.
Either way, good luck and enjoy whatever days off from school you might get.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hopefully the forecast is wrong, and you don't get too much snow, though I'm sure a couple of days off school would be enjoyable. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Europe is currently colder than the Arctic.

Per the World Meteorological Organization, a "sudden stratospheric warming event" about 18 miles (30 kilometers) above the North Pole caused a split in the northern polar vortex. This vortex, a low pressure system of strong winds, normally keeps the Arctic nice and chilly during the winter months, but the split has allowed a rush of warm air into the region while pushing a jet stream of cold south, toward Europe.

'Wacky' weather theory may be why Europe is colder than the Arctic
Cold weather impacts Europe as Arctic sees high temperatures

Nothing will ever be normal again!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Several folks living in the UK have reported being bombarded with major snowstorms.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
In the east of UK; Snow lots of snow, we have about 10-15 cm which for us is a lot, which of course means the area has come to a stand still. I've not been able to get to work for the last 2 days as the buses aren't running and it doesn't look like there are any today.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I hope all your snow goes away sooner rather than later!

My fingers are crossed that we've seen the last of it this year, but I am so not holding my breath!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
No rain yet. But now we're looking at flooding, high winds (gusts up to 60 mph), maybe even snow because of a "a roaring nor’easer" off the coast.

I'm tired too since I've been awake since 6:15 am.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Our weather outlook isn't much better. I'm glad I did my weekly shopping yesterday, so I don't have to go out today or tomorrow if I don't want to.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just have a periodontist appointment tomorrow at 10 am. But that's a piece of cake. Not like if I had to go into work. Generally, there is a spot open under the covered parking at the periodontist's. Even if not, it's only a few yards from a parking spot to the door.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Only appointment I need to think about is the gym on Sunday, depending on when we get snow, but then my trainer will probably be cancelling if it's too bad, as he's further away from the gym than any of his clients, and needs to drive here (and find a parking spot).

Hornet3d

Wise
We have been lucky so far in that we only have a dusting of snow in our part of the UK while other parts are having a terrible time. This could be about to change though as our district is on the edge of a orange warning area and borderline Red (potential loss of life). Red period spans from 3pm today to 3am tomorrow while the amber runs from 3pm to 8am tomorrow. News also reports possible problems with gas supply as demand outstrips supply. Looks like we could be having a few fun days, all I can say is thank goodness that global warming is only a myth.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
We have been lucky so far in that we only have a dusting of snow in our part of the UK while other parts are having a terrible time. This could be about to change though as our district is on the edge of a orange warning area and borderline Red (potential loss of life). Red period spans from 3pm today to 3am tomorrow while the amber runs from 3pm to 8am tomorrow. News also reports possible problems with gas supply as demand outstrips supply. Looks like we could be having a few fun days, all I can say is thank goodness that global warming is only a myth.

I'm in the east (Norfolk)and we have had no buses for 3 days I'm really hoping that the worst has passed us I need to do some food shopping, There's no where here in the village to get bread or milk, as long as the butchers is open I can get meat and veg if they have any, and I have a full freezer so we won't starve, unless you are a s 16 year old who thinks that as we have run out of crisps and snack stuff there's nothing to eat. We haven't lost electricity or anything and we don't have gas, we use oil heating so as long as that doesn't run out.
Hornet I hope it doesn't hit you too hard. I saw the warnings on the news about the red areas so stay safe and warm.