• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we had perfect skies for the blood moon in Oz.. :)

"Enjoying the lunar eclipse upside down
"
An amazing shot by Philipp (@glanzpunkt) at the Royal Botanic Garden.

1622177463528.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I missed it as well, as I forgot about it, and there was more said online about it afterwards, and not before as to what time it would appear here.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist

"

View attachment 69486
Amazing...I envy you so much. Thank you for this amazing shot. And the bat is absolute cute too.
Was preparing the whole week for this event.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Well we can always hope for better weather, but today it's been raining hard since early this morning, and it's not even quite noon. Dark out and thundering. Hubby is out to pick up prescriptions and mail a couple things at the UPS store. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had a pretty steady rain most of the day today, and the temps have dropped, as well as the wind picked up tonight.

In fact, the next 3 days should be cool, windy and raining. Hmmm, not the best way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend. :(

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Today the first day without clouds.
And of course I missed the blood moon :mad: It was so cloudy and rainy during the event, that impossible to see anything.
Hope it stay now a bit like this.
it was for us in the early morning hours on Wednesday. May 26 , super flower blood moon and lunar eclipse
I made some shots , not so good this time

Attachments

• flowerbloodmoon_05_2021_mec4d.net.jpg
    flowerbloodmoon_05_2021_mec4d.net.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 110

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Q. what's memorial day weekend?
Observed in the last Monday of May , honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military ,for that reason the memorial day weekend .. 3 days off , my hubby was called to work today and on Monday so no hiking no holidays weekend for us ,it sucks .. not even power walking .. weather sucks so far lol

eclark1894

Visionary
Observed in the last Monday of May , honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military ,for that reason the memorial day weekend .. 3 days off , my hubby was called to work today and on Monday so no hiking no holidays weekend for us ,it sucks .. not even power walking .. weather sucks so far lol
Treadmills are a wonderful creature. You never have to miss one unless your power goes out, and even if it does, then you can go for a power walk outside.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Treadmills are a wonderful creature. You never have to miss one unless your power goes out, and even if it does, then you can go for a power walk outside.
I have electric treadmill and stationary bike at home for the winter time , but not the same , the whole point is to go outside .
They have powerless treadmills too , powered by your legs .. if no power or outdoors available lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist

"

View attachment 69486
You know that this is a composition and not actual one shot? , the depth of field is different in both images , 2 pics .. but looking nice, the moon view is tilted to the other side than our moon , means still a sphere lol

eclark1894

Visionary
I have electric treadmill and stationary bike at home for the winter time , but not the same , the whole point is to go outside .
They have powerless treadmills too , powered by your legs .. if no power or outdoors available lol
I used to go jogging at night. It was less heat, no kids and I'd do it before bedtime so I'd sleep better. Had to stop though. The police kept pulling me over or driving by s-l-o-w-l-y checking me out. I must have matched every black male description they happened to be looking for at that time. That, btw, is an offical reason given to me by one of the ones who stopped me. And while I'm not a believer in systemic racism, I DO believe in racial profiling, especially by cops. It's literally in their training. Anyway, at the time it was WAAYYY to expensive to own a home treadmill, so the only place I could jog was in a workout room.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I used to go jogging at night. It was less heat, no kids and I'd do it before bedtime so I'd sleep better. Had to stop though. The police kept pulling me over or driving by s-l-o-w-l-y checking me out. I must have matched every black male description they happened to be looking for at that time. That, btw, is an offical reason given to me by one of the ones who stopped me. And while I'm not a believer in systemic racism, I DO believe in racial profiling, especially by cops. It's literally in their training. Anyway, at the time it was WAAYYY to expensive to own a home treadmill, so the only place I could jog was in a workout room.
Yeah I agree racial profiling and stereotyping.... you tell me what's new

Miss B

CV-BEE
Living in an apartment building, I can't have any type of large workout equipment. I do have a mat and weights I can use, but the walking I need to do outside, or at my gym.

I used to walk outdoors all the time years (decades) ago, but trying to deal with women and their baby carriages, kids walking beside them, or even a dog on a leash, becomes annoying, so I started using the treadmill at the gym when I first joined back in 2005.

A couple of years ago I started walking outdoors again, as I found a couple of good routes that didn't bring me near the main Blvd., so less foot traffic, especially with the schools closed owing to the Pandemic.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I don't have a big one , it get collapsed nicely and fit in the closet when not in use, with the bike sadly not possible keeping it in our guest room
I prefer walking outdoor above everything but I hate gyms ..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
The weather go little crazy .. it is good for a March/April not the end of May , I think I am going to run my fireplace for a while to get the chill out ,as tomorrow no better .. I prefer colder than hot , but this is below my comfort , I had 64F this morning inside the house and now is 66.5F :speechless:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's not at all uncommon here for a group of people walking together to block the sidewalk. Nor do they to move aside so others can get past them. Instead you have to move out of their way. Same thing happens with groups of women pushing strollers or baby carriages. The most popular ones now are where the wee ones sit side by side instead of one behind the other. Only takes two of those and the sidewalk is blocked.

Still, those situations are just inconvenient. It's bicyclists weaving fast in and out of pedestrians that makes it hazardous. Even though it's against the law here for adults to ride bikes on the sidewalks, it's far too common. I saw an elderly woman yanked off her feet by a bike rider when his handlebars caught her purse strap as he sped by her. She couldn't even have moved out of his way because he came from behind her. Even had it been legal for him to be riding on the sidewalk, he had no business riding that fast on a crowded sidewalk. Fortunately, the paramedics were able to respond quickly, but she had to be taken to the hospital because of the injuries.

I enjoy this weather. I love the rain, and after the heat of the last several days, this is delightful. The air quality is much better today than it has been, which is always a plus when it rains.