• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

McGyver

Energetic
...And we have an Ladybug invasion.
Hopefully not like our ant invasion last year...

B281A99E-AA5A-432A-ADF8-65CBF9B7D527.jpeg

It would definitely be a lot cuter though...

Well... then again...

C6E80215-9711-4174-BDEF-F934B8BADA39.jpeg

Maybe cute is in the eye of the beholder...?

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Stezza
I hear you. Two years ago, when we made holidays in the Provence , they had a cicada plague. They was so loud , you could not sit outside in the restaurant. They was so loud, you could not understand you own words.
But they are cute , when they are not in a huge crowd :D

McGyver

Energetic
Behold the mighty Golden Cicada Asmurak!

0780BA1D-8C1B-4CB9-9A09-11A649C44737.jpeg

Okay, it’s not the actual mighty Golden Cicada of Asmurak...
Actually, there is no mighty Golden Cicada of Asmurak, it’s really more of a very large yellow Rumpnibbler grub made out of discarded mufflers and hudcaps at the rest stop on Asmurak 7...
Sorta like those ”Muffler-Men” you see outside auto repair shops.
But it does looks like it a little...
If it had sharper mandibles, more claws, more mandibles, sharper claws, was painted a putrid mustard yellow and was made entirely out of garbage... and wasn’t a few centimeters tall... it would be spot on...
Sort of...
Technically, The Golden Rumpnibbler is one of the 8 wonders of Asmurak 7... but considering the number one wonder of Asmurak 7 is the longest burning dumpster fire in the outer rim worlds, that’s not such a high honor.
But I suppose not everyone can live on a world free of Rumpnibblers.
And, yes... Rumpnibblers do what they sound like they are named for doing...
Definitely wear sturdy pants if you stop there.
Don‘t stop there.
And since the above has nothing to do with weather, I now feel obligated to say something related to the weather in the part of earth I live on...

Its very nice outside today... sunny and around 68°F/20°C...

Yeah... that was anticlimactic...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice weather here as well. Was in the high 60s, and I only had to wear a light weight linen blazer when I was out.

Very pleasant for this time of year, but I keep getting this feeling the rest of the winter is going to be frigid. ~brrrrr~

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Yesterday was very warm.
I still have my little Orange tree outside and it still bloom and produce little oranges :D

We have also Mantis all over in the garden. Ladybugs, wasp's :oops: and so many ticks. My poor dog, even with the anti tick vaccine, I removed 4 from his fur yesterday.

My little tree and a Mantis on my terrasse door

Attachments

• Orange.jpg
    Orange.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 113
  • mantis.jpg
    mantis.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 123

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
The sundown those days are spectacular.

And the fields still green and strange clouds.

Attachments

• Sundawn.jpg
    Sundawn.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 122
  • fields.jpg
    fields.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 111

McGyver

Energetic
...We have also Mantis all over in the garden.
We get them in August usually... last year it was just that one big one...

56A20B31-2DA2-4452-84A3-3D868AC7D11C.jpeg

They make it hard to drive when they do that... and the constant trying to eat you is really annoying too.

It must be something in the water...

Should it glow green at night?

Its probably nothing...

Oh, and to keep it weather related... It’s nice and warm and sunny here... 67°F/19°C... a little bit hazy when you look to distant objects.

McGyver

Energetic
The sundown those days are spectacular.

And the fields still green and strange clouds.
You are in Italy... Correct?
When I was a kid I used to visit my father in Sorrento... my father’s house was on the side of the mountain facing Naples and Vesuvius... The view across the bay was spectacular and there would be so many interesting weather events and cloud formations.
Too bad digital photography was still thirty years away.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
You are in Italy... Correct?
When I was a kid I used to visit my father in Sorrento... my father’s house was on the side of the mountain facing Naples and Vesuvius... The view across the bay was spectacular and there would be so many interesting weather events and cloud formations.
Too bad digital photography was still thirty years away.

No, I live in France. Département Centre-Val-Loire.
Italy is amazing. My Mama was from Italy/Sardegna . My former husband ( he die ) was from Peschiera . We want to move there ,but unfortunately he died 1 Months before we move. This country is amazingly beautiful and the Italien are awesome.
I never returned there , sold the house (where we never could move in) and never looked back. But still admire this country, his culture and people.

Yesterday morning we had rain, afternoon warm and beautiful. My Hydrogénas are blooming again...:oops:

Attachments

• Hydro.jpg
    Hydro.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 107
  • dogwalk.jpg
    dogwalk.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 122

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
cicadas....

we get cicadas

lots of cicadas

and they all sing a terrible tune :oops:
Cicadas creep me out...my mother in law used to get them in her backyard.

Typical Melbourne spring...one minute it's beautiful weather the next it's raining. Today it's overcast...and we had a small amount of rain today already and it's just past 9am.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Here we had the first decent day since Monday, with no rain, and a bright sun. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer, but they're predicting gale force winds again. ~sheesh~

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Meanwhile here in France .
Beautiful Sunday morning .
But my dog Maiko decide to ignore me.
After he rescue my live from my neighbors chicken who begin to revolt in their chicken crop (we never know if they don't plot any revolution, at last we are here in France) , scare away a few pignon , who, maybe plan my assassination, scare the hell out of one of my neighbor while she go to her car( she is anyway always suspicious ) .....I still remain ungrateful to him . In short ,i grounded him inside the house :whistling:

LOL dogs, always cute.

Attachments

• Maikoupset.jpg
    Maikoupset.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 112

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, the sun was out this morning, but then it got cloudy. No rain, but we've got gale force winds of up to 25 mph again tonight :(.

McGyver

Energetic
Fun times... tornado warning for the next hour for my county... Crazy rain and wind outside and more on the way.
Bad time to fly my new kite I suppose.
Beautiful morning though...

1BD28386-D6E9-482A-94C8-64F51FBCDD2F.jpeg

Well, I have to go back in the basement now because I’m being yelled at...
Big turnaround... normally I get yelled at to come out of the basement.

McGyver

Energetic
So, apparently the tornado alert was a real crapfest... The storm front already passed.
The really bad weather we were experiencing was the actual storm front that carried the tornado risk... our cable service is supposed to interrupt service with a warning if a tornado alert is issued...
They waited until the front was actually well into the county (on top of us) before they interrupted with the alert so basically... “Hey, that sound outside may be a tornado... um... good luck...” and on top of that the alert only showed up on one of the TVs... WTF?
So right when it was the worst, I was outside securing a glass table without knowing... also pissed my phone didn’t give a warning either... Someone screwed up... again... (failed to call a huge storm last summer which caused a lot of damage “out of the blue”...