• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Here are some views of the new handlebar design. I like this one better.

ScreenHunter_318 Mar. 16 00.14.jpg ScreenHunter_319 Mar. 16 00.15.jpg ScreenHunter_320 Mar. 16 00.15.jpg

And one for scale. I think I got it right. If you spot anything wrong, please let me know.

ScreenHunter_317 Mar. 16 00.13.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I have to agree David. I'm liking the new handlebar design much better.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
New handlebars are much better, I agree. Scale--hmm, to me it looks maybe a tad small, but I think it's a matter of opinion. If you wanted to give the impression that it's a powerful bike, might want to make it a little bigger? Otherwise it looks like a cool little scooter. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
No pictures to show yet, but it looks like uvmapping is going to work out just fine. That was a major problem with the first design, so I'm a happy camper. )

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Still no pictures, but I am really pleased with how the uvmapping worked out. I need to get mat zones laid out and move on to rigging. I've never rigged a figure before that wasn't for a person, so this will be another one of those learning experiences I wish I'd quit having. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Finally figured out how to rig a motorcycle. :) Then I found out I had a small problem with the model that I need to address, so I need to take a couple of steps back. :( No worries, though. Shouldn't be long now.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK, I've got a question for the bikers here. I've finished (I hope) rigging the motorcycle. I need to know if I've got an OK angle for the bike when the kickstand is down. Here are some pics.

kickstand test 1.jpg kickstand test 2.jpg kickstand test 3.jpg

Everything else seems OK to me. The wheels turn, the handlebars turn the front wheel, etc. As you can see, I've still got some texturing to do. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Well, the kickstand is taken care of. I think I've gotten the rigging right (at least everything appears to work as it should). Here's a capture from 3dCoat. It's really just a rough texture test, but I just had to see what it would look like with some half way decent materials.

ScreenHunter_323 Mar. 30 01.02.jpg

3dCoat doesn't seem to like all the material zones I put on this thing (there are a lot). They really seem to bog 3dCoat down. I may end up doing the painting in photoshop and just use 3dCoat for the normal and spec maps. We'll see.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I have actually been working on the motorcycle...really. I use 3dCoat for a lot of the texturing of my models. The version I was using kept crashing on me. I updated to the newest version and all is well. :). I managed to get a first texture set for the motorcycle which I've christened 'Sport Moto'. I have no clue why. It just sounded like it should be called that. I did find a few issues that I need to correct. I need to change some of the material zones I'd set up already. I also need to give the control panel (you can't see it in the render below, sorry, but it's not worth seeing right now) some more attention.

Anyway, here's a 3dCoat render of the finished first texture set for Sport Moto. If this one works out in Poser, then creating a few more should be fairly simple (knock on wood).

ScreenHunter_328 Apr. 05 01.25.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I have actually been working on the motorcycle...really. I use 3dCoat for a lot of the texturing of my models. The version I was using kept crashing on me. I updated to the newest version and all is well. :). I managed to get a first texture set for the motorcycle which I've christened 'Sport Moto'. I have no clue why. It just sounded like it should be called that. I did find a few issues that I need to correct. I need to change some of the material zones I'd set up already. I also need to give the control panel (you can't see it in the render below, sorry, but it's not worth seeing right now) some more attention.

Anyway, here's a 3dCoat render of the finished first texture set for Sport Moto. If this one works out in Poser, then creating a few more should be fairly simple (knock on wood).

View attachment 25120

Very different model but very nice. The texture looks good, I hope it works out in Poser.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Here's a Poser Superfly render with the new texture set. There is one issue at the back of the engine housing where it looks like the model and the texture map don't match up. Not sure what happened there. Besides that the set looks pretty good (to me). I may add a couple of small tweaks but nothing major. I'm not real happy with the control panel. After I figure out what happened at the back of the engine, I plan to create five texture sets in all along with a few basic poses for the motorcycle and Dawn.

ScreenHunter_328 Apr. 06 01.20.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It renders very nicely in Poser. I can't wait to see what other textures you come up with. :)