This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by David, Mar 22, 2016.

1. David

David Adventurous Contributing Artist

I couldn't possibly ignore your suggestions. You've made it better than it was. Ooops!! Did I say that out loud?:p

Rae134 likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

CreekDog.JPG

This was my latest bike. I really dug this one. Very loud, mean, and fast. Took it on several long haul rides with several other biker friends. Sold it about 4 years ago. Had an accident on it. Me and another biker friend were hit from behind. I was knocked 90 feet from the collision and caused over $20K damage to my bike. Despite that, it was an awesome ride.

3. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Pretty Chris, love the minimal look (I love the colour and chrome too)

4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Sweeeeet! :D

5. David

I'm not going to be able to fake anything about this bike with you people around.:unsure:

I've got it!!! I'll just scrap this one and make an invisible bike like Wonder Woman's invisible jet. That's it!:bounce:

Now, how would you go about uvmapping an invisible model?

Lorraine, Pendraia and Chris like this.
  6. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

What you're doing is awesome!

David likes this.
  7. Rae134

:yeahthat:

David and Pendraia like this.
  8. David

But the invisible bike idea was starting to sound pretty good. :(

Thanks to you all. A few more details to add and I should have a complete model. :)

Rae134, Miss B and Pendraia like this.
  9. David

OK. Here's the final(?) version of the motorcycle. If this passes muster with the bikers in here, then I'll be moving on to mapping, rigging and materials.

ScreenHunter_304 Nov. 09 00.10.jpg ScreenHunter_305 Nov. 09 00.10.jpg ScreenHunter_306 Nov. 09 00.11.jpg ScreenHunter_307 Nov. 09 00.11.jpg

:)

Chris, Rae134, Lorraine and 1 other person like this.
  10. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

First bike I did the ton on was a Triumph Bonneville, sitting behind my cousin's boyfriend on the Mt Maunganui wharf in the very early 70's. Second time was on a Norton Commando along the backstraights to New Plymouth. Heaven on two wheels. I do like my British bikes :inlove:

Rae134 and David like this.
  11. Rae134

I can't wait to see this textured!

David likes this.
  12. Miss B

Me toooooo Rae! :D

13. Rae134

I think Dawn needs a metallic purple one (with pink flames :p) and Sora needs a neon green one :D

quietrob likes this.
  14. Miss B

Ohhhh, I like the idea of a flames decal. :D

Rae134 likes this.
  15. David

Pink flames!!!!:eek: I could die. Neon green!!!:sick: What planet have I landed on?

I'm not the greatest texture artist in the world, but if I can manage flames, I will.:)

Pendraia and Rae134 like this.
  16. Rae134

I could have asked for Chameleon coloured one like this :p
    [​IMG]

17. Rae134

Sora is anime and anime needs neon :D
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Chris, David and quietrob like this.
  18. Rae134

and flames are cool :cool:
    [​IMG]

Chris, David and quietrob like this.
  19. David

Well, unfortunately, the motorcycle (as it is) is a no-go. It turned out to be a rough draft that morphed into a final project way before it was ready. It was over modeled and under thought. UV mapping quickly turned into a nightmare. I am going to start again, but the whole thing was enough to convince me that I needed a break. So, I took a break...and now I'm back. :)

Here are the final versions of the Dawn outfit I was working on. I'm thinking of calling it Dawn Rider (in hopes of that motorcycle).

Style 1.jpg Style 2.jpg Style 3.jpg Style 4.jpg

Texturing is not my strength, but I hope these will pass inspection. I was hoping that four would be enough, but if more are needed speak up now, while I'm still in a good mood. :)

These renders are with Superfly. I've set the textures to render in both Firefly and Superfly with the same settings. Trying to create a separate set for Firefly that exactly matched the Superfly results was just too much for me. I'll have to do a set of Firefly renders next. Firefly renders them very close but not exact.

The outfit includes Dawn's full body morphs and some breast morphs as well as the Sora full body morph.

I do have a question or two concerning the props (helmet and headset) but I'll get to those later. It's late and I'm tired.

20. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Cool, David! Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the motorcycle...but hopefully if you go back to it, you'll find the new one even better!

David likes this.