• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can't really see how thick the fin holding the back wheel is, that would be kinda cool to have the exhaust run through it (just need the holes out the back if its wide enough, also tail lights and blinkers could go there as well, maybe on the back/top of the fin?) other than that a headlight but I don't think it needs any more nuts and bolts.

quietrob

Extraordinary
As it is, the bike looks pretty cool if you're going with wheels. Nothing wrong with a bike for after hours. I think I'd like to see it more textured before I say anymore.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thank you all. Very helpful. Actually got the headlight and tail light added late last night. Hopefully a tail pipe tonight. Anxious to be done with it, but not very anxious to begin mapping. @quietrob, texturing should be fun, though. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Here's what I've got so far. A head lamp, a tail light and a running light on top of the head lamp. Also a set of exhaust pipes. It still needs a gas cap and a kick stand. Had to stop for the night. Silo doesn't like the size or this thing. I'm going around and removing geometry wherever I can.

ScreenHunter_298 Nov. 02 00.38.jpg ScreenHunter_299 Nov. 02 00.38.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
nice, just noticed tho, where are the pegs to put your feet? Also clutch/breaks etc?

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I need to get it into Poser, so I can get a better idea where to place for the feet. All on the to do list, but thanks for the reminder. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think you'll find the foot pegs should be about where your exhaust currently is (it kind of looks like foot pegs a little bit) and passenger ones about where the space where back wheel lines up :D

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I think you'll find the foot pegs should be about where your exhaust currently is (it kind of looks like foot pegs a little bit) and passenger ones about where the space where back wheel lines up :D

Just make things difficult, why don't you. :cry:

Actually, this particular model is produced on an alien world where the natives have three legs and only one eye. Why the motorcycle's manufacturer chose to have this model produced on this alien world is a mystery to everyone (including me). Having three legs and one eye creates a problem with interpretation of the design as well as product testing. Sooooooo.....miscalculations tend to occur.

How's that? ;):laugh:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, this is looking great!! Dawn (and Dusk of course) can't wait to get on, and take it for a ride. :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha David, an easy fix, make it electric then it wouldn't need exhausts and just put the pegs there :D
(did I mention it doesn't look like it has indicators/blinkers or whatever you call them in your part of the world?)

At least Dawn is going to look a lot hotter than I used to :p (In my defence I remember it was a very cold day so was really rugged up!)
Rae134.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha thanks Pen, that was approx 26 years ago I think. I got my motorbike license way before my car one as I left home when I was 16 and didn't have anyone to teach me to drive.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
haha David, an easy fix, make it electric then it wouldn't need exhausts and just put the pegs there :D
(did I mention it doesn't look like it has indicators/blinkers or whatever you call them in your part of the world?)

At least Dawn is going to look a lot hotter than I used to :p (In my defence I remember it was a very cold day so was really rugged up!)
View attachment 18543

You obviously know too much. I may have to shun you.:unsure: You're wish is my command. Blinkers coming up. :)

Foot placement is solved (subject to Rae134's approval, ;)). I had a minor crash, so one step forward, two steps back but all will be fine.

Oh, and before it comes up, no cables or wires because.... wireless technology or something. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
HOLY CRAPPY!!! This is an awesome bike you've created here. Nice going!

Me likey! Keep it coming.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
feel free to ignore my suggestions :p

Oh I agree no cables/wires they'd just look messy on that rig :D