• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
CreekDog.JPG

This was my latest bike. I really dug this one. Very loud, mean, and fast. Took it on several long haul rides with several other biker friends. Sold it about 4 years ago. Had an accident on it. Me and another biker friend were hit from behind. I was knocked 90 feet from the collision and caused over $20K damage to my bike. Despite that, it was an awesome ride.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pretty Chris, love the minimal look (I love the colour and chrome too)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I'm not going to be able to fake anything about this bike with you people around.:unsure:

I've got it!!! I'll just scrap this one and make an invisible bike like Wonder Woman's invisible jet. That's it!:bounce:

Now, how would you go about uvmapping an invisible model?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
First bike I did the ton on was a Triumph Bonneville, sitting behind my cousin's boyfriend on the Mt Maunganui wharf in the very early 70's. Second time was on a Norton Commando along the backstraights to New Plymouth. Heaven on two wheels. I do like my British bikes :inlove:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think Dawn needs a metallic purple one (with pink flames :p) and Sora needs a neon green one :D

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Pink flames!!!!:eek: I could die. Neon green!!!:sick: What planet have I landed on?

I'm not the greatest texture artist in the world, but if I can manage flames, I will.:)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Well, unfortunately, the motorcycle (as it is) is a no-go. It turned out to be a rough draft that morphed into a final project way before it was ready. It was over modeled and under thought. UV mapping quickly turned into a nightmare. I am going to start again, but the whole thing was enough to convince me that I needed a break. So, I took a break...and now I'm back. :)

Here are the final versions of the Dawn outfit I was working on. I'm thinking of calling it Dawn Rider (in hopes of that motorcycle).

Style 1.jpg Style 2.jpg Style 3.jpg Style 4.jpg

Texturing is not my strength, but I hope these will pass inspection. I was hoping that four would be enough, but if more are needed speak up now, while I'm still in a good mood. :)

These renders are with Superfly. I've set the textures to render in both Firefly and Superfly with the same settings. Trying to create a separate set for Firefly that exactly matched the Superfly results was just too much for me. I'll have to do a set of Firefly renders next. Firefly renders them very close but not exact.

The outfit includes Dawn's full body morphs and some breast morphs as well as the Sora full body morph.

I do have a question or two concerning the props (helmet and headset) but I'll get to those later. It's late and I'm tired.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cool, David! Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the motorcycle...but hopefully if you go back to it, you'll find the new one even better!