• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Man Of Steel Build Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I got them in there. I managed to even get the matchmaker brush to work... kind of.

How do I delete or undo or anything in there? If I messed up the mesh, how do I either delete it and start over, or undo the brush stroke?

Sorry if I am asking what seem to be basic questions.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I found the undo feature. Kind of weird.

I closed the program and will go back to it later. I avoid frustration by doing that. I learn it by overcoming the next obstacle. Right now the obstacle is getting the matchmaker brush to do the emblem correctly.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
How come the brush doesn't convert the very top of the emblem? I will attempt this again and then post a screen shot.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
zbrush thingy.png

See? The top edge of the emblem won't play nice. I've attempted this several times already. What did I screw up?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Oh... I figured it out. It's up too high. It's working fine. It is conforming to the top edge of the neck of the suit... Duh!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Now it's in the right spot, I just have to tweak the settings a bit to get it right.

How do you delete things that you imported so you can start over?????

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Sometimes the matchmaked mesh needs to be tweaked into position. But overall it does a good job.
I did tweak it, and that's as close as it would get to the suit. At the bottom it was making contact. Think to make this work, I have to apply the brush, translate it into place and apply the brush again until I get it to do what I want.

Dylan

Eager
Sometimes the Matchmaker needs to be applied a couple of times. Also it's a good idea to make the geometry to be matchmakered a bit thicker so it will sit into the target mesh without too much work.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I got them in there. I managed to even get the matchmaker brush to work... kind of.

How do I delete or undo or anything in there? If I messed up the mesh, how do I either delete it and start over, or undo the brush stroke?

Sorry if I am asking what seem to be basic questions.
Ctrl + Z is your friend. There is also a little slider just above your viewport area and you can just grab it and pull it to the left and it will undo but there is no selective undo that I know of...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The emblem is, yes. What do you think? Maybe it should be a bit thicker?

I am going to put it on him and see what it does in the cloth room. I will be thinking about either redoing the emblem to make it thicker, or just moving on to the boots.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ctrl + Z is your friend. There is also a little slider just above your viewport area and you can just grab it and pull it to the left and it will undo but there is no selective undo that I know of...
I've found clicking on the bar will take it back as well as sliding...