• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Man Of Steel Build Thread

Dylan

Eager
I'll see what happens when I get past the initial shock of the UI!

That's what puts many people off ZBrush. Personally I believe it's worth sticking with as the rewards of ZBrush are absolutely fantastic. Also it's easy to customize the UI appearance and colours to your own taste.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Also it's easy to customize the UI appearance and colours to your own taste.
That's what I am trying to figure out how to do. I want the thing uncluttered so I can concentrate on what I am doing instead of having all that stuff in the way. How do I a make that pallet that is covering half the work space go away?

Dylan

Eager
Go to Preferences>Confg>Enable Config and go from there. There are loads of Youtube videos on Customization available, no shortage of help available. Once your UI and palettes are customized to your needs, you will have the full potential of ZBrush available to you.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
When ZB first hit the community I was perplexed but drawn to it. When DAZ struck a deal with Pixo and offered version 3 on the DAZ website for like $300.00 I went for it. I didn't actually start using it until version 4.0 when Genesis 1 hit and wanted to make morphs for it. From there I got more and more familiar with the UI and how to customize things. I'm still perplexed by some of the tools. Like the Masking Tool has bits and pieces in various areas of the UI not just under the Tools> Masking slide open menu so that I don't like. I kinda wish someone would create a set up that can be loaded into any set up that would put ALL the bits and pieces of a specific tool in with it's parent area.... other than that I love ZB SO MUCH! lol

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am pretty much finished with the piping on the suit and I am running a render as I type. As soon as that is finished I'll get back into ZBrush and see what happens. I'd really like to not waste the 45 days I have been given with it. Render coming soon.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
partial render.png

Ewww. What looked ok from the front looks like crap from the side. Remodel forthcoming...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There's a couple of ways in ZBrush to do that. Matchmaker brush is one as I mentioned. The other way is to use Matchmaker with the new 3D Text and Booleans. You could import an STL of the emblem into the 3D Text, then Boolean subtract it into the emblem backplate It's a bit longer than just using Matchmaker alone, but would give you a very nice low poly object. Then, use Matchmaker to blend the plate to the chest.
Good idea...I was thinking mask the shape and do a mesh extraction. Can you mask by colour? Just checked and yes you can mask by colour so if you have the texture applied you could do that also. Good thing about ZBrush is the many different ways to achieve something.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Can you show me the original suit that you're basing it off? I'm not sure what look you're aiming for as I'm not really up on the current Superman...:oops:

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm likin it. Supes new uniform is supposedly armor anyway. If you must, just move it down or reduce just a shade. You can see where it intersects his ribcage.

But I like the rokket version of the Supersuit.
Too much gold on the piping for me personally. Plus, I'm not really a fan of this version of the suit. The suit makes him look short in the movie, plus Superman's cape should drag.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I do take in an interest in some comics just not all and I tend to get annoyed by newer versions so tend to avoid them.