• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Man Of Steel Build Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am going to dull down the gold in the piping and see what that gives me. I haven't even given the cape a second thought. The movie cape is 90% CGI anyhow, and unfortunately, I can tell when it is and isn't the real thing. But I will see what I can do with the textures on the piping versus remodeling.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to import, position and then draw on an .obj file in ZBrush? I can't seem to be able to do anything with it. It's going to upset me if I can't make heads or tails out of it and end up uninstalling it. At least I didn't pay for it

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are you a Poser or a ds user rokket? If ds, the bridge is a really good way to send a figure over with your clothing object. I'm not sure how it works in poser but i can walk you thru it in ds. Also, there is a thread in the zbrush forum here with lots of tutorials. I keep meaning to add more links never enough time.

If you send it over with the bridge when you draw it out, the clothing is in the right position. You can also import objects separately but then you need to append the second one in the sub tool menu.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Draw out your object, hit, on your keyboard "t" (to go into Edit mode) and then "f" (to frame the object) To zoom into a specific part of the object just click on the area with your mouse and then use the zoom tool and it will zoom to that area as you pull it in. There is a handy middle scroll button tool found here to help with that:
"Middle Button" Plug-in for ZBrush 4R6
This does work in 4R7 and 4R8 versions of ZB.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
You can GoZ the figure or object directly from Poser or DAZ to ZBrush. Then drag it out and hit T to go into 3D edit mode.

If you want to import an obj from outside of Poser or DAZ, just click on Import on the top right of the ZBrush interface. Drag it out and hit T as described already.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Almost forgot to add that once you have the object imported, click on "Make Polymesh 3d" on the top right. This will make all the 3D editing tools available to you.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Just don't expect miracles at your first attempt. I've been using ZBrush just over a year now and I still don't know it all. :(

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Oh, I never expect anything except possibly picking a good target for my laptop to hit when I throw it...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Are you a Poser or a ds user rokket? If ds, the bridge is a really good way to send a figure over with your clothing object. I'm not sure how it works in poser but i can walk you thru it in ds. Also, there is a thread in the zbrush forum here with lots of tutorials. I keep meaning to add more links never enough time.

If you send it over with the bridge when you draw it out, the clothing is in the right position. You can also import objects separately but then you need to append the second one in the sub tool menu.
Poser Pro 11...
I think it has GoZ, right? I never looked for it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Poser Pro 11...
Unless there's an add-on plugin for it, the only thing I see is being able to export in ZBrush format. I don't see any GoZ option, then again, it could be hiding somewhere I haven't noticed yet. It's definitely not listed in the File menu, which is where I would expect it to be.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Poser Pro 11...

Yes it has GoZ both ways to ZBrush. You access it in Poser by Figure/Export figure mesh to GoZ for a full figure export. For a partial send (like a head or hand) use Object/Export object to GoZ.
In ZBrush you just click on GoZ and it send all visible subtools back to Poser.
Just be aware that if you are making morphs, altering the poly count in ZBrush will cause the figure to break in Poser when you apply the morph. For making Normal Maps and the like, you can do what you like.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
...:mad:

Poser keeps crashing when I attempt to GoZ the suit and emblem... :confused:

Maybe it's this old laptop. Maybe it's this old laptop user. Maybe I just need to do some more reading before I start messing with things I don't understand.