• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Goblin Figure WIP

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thank you all. :D I'm saying I should have made the arms slightly bigger on the UV map because that would make the scale of the UV on the arms mesh better with the UV on the body. (See attached image) See how zones 1 and 2 are slightly bigger than zones 4 and 5. The details on the final texture will mach up better the closer those zones are to each other. Did that make sense? As I said it is only slightly off but, I need to recognize where I can make improvements as far as my UV mapping is concerned. I know I'm knit picking here but, I can't get better if I don't pay attention to the small details.
Yep makes sense and totally understand working on trying to improve. That's part of why I ask so many questions...pick up tips and learn!

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
Started working on the JCM for the basic figure. I figured I would share my method although I'm sure there are better methods out there.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I love watching stuff come together. JCM's are def our friends. When I was trying my hand at modeling clothing strange things would happen when bending in certain directions, like your legs splayed to the sides like that... that same bulge happened. It was a matter of finding a happy middle ground, with the pants at least, when a leg was brought over and crossed over the other, that would give me more JCM making. I finally shelved the projects and I'm doing pose sets and a character set for Dawn currently. I'll probably drop back into clothing making when DAZ Studio 5 hits as I'm hoping for some content creation tools improvements....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I really wish DAZ Studio users had the equivalent of Easy Pose Underground. :(

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks in DS we have different scales for different programs. I've always used Cinema 4D as that was recommended by Cath(Mec4D)...but I tend to use the bridge in DS unless something has to be manually exported.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WOW... I really hope this guy can be made to work in DAZ Studio. I might want to do some stuff for him!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
This is such a cool figure. I think it's the face that really elevates it above the other goblin figures out there. It not just a 'funny' shape, but has it's own character to it. And thanks for sharing your process. A lot of this is above my head and the modeling is certainly above my skill set. But it helps me understand how the figures I have work and someday.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
He kinda reminds me of Dragon Ball Z's Piccolo (if he was greener) :D

I love Creepy Kid Too but haven't got him as I don't know yet what I'd use him for but this guy, if he's Daz friendly, will be on the top of my wishlist. (Like Lyne I think he would make great fairy-tale renders)