The Goblin Figure WIP

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by tate, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Yep! Very cool!

2. tate

tate Eager Contributing Artist

Morph test. Has very low volume.

Carey, Bonnie2001 and RAMWolff like this.
  3. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

looking great Tate :D

4. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Way too cool!

5. tate

Thanks! :) I'm now working on morph targets. This one makes him look more like an evil goblin.

f.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Carey, Lorraine, RAMWolff and 3 others like this.
  6. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Oh he definitely looks ready to attack. :)

tate likes this.
  7. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

This young fella can have a place in my Faerie runtime whenever he's ready! :applause:

tate likes this.
  8. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Very cool work...

tate likes this.
  9. Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic) Admirable Contributing Artist

Looking awesome .

tate likes this.
  10. tate

I really need some help here! I updated Poser Pro 11 to SR5. The update has caused some strange issues with my Goblin figure. Now when I apply SubD to the figure it causes slight splitting issues with the figure's mesh. This did not happen before the SR5 update. It seems to happen when I use a displacement map and SubD at the same time. Has anyone come across this before? If so, is there a way to fix it?
    Thanks.

a.jpg

Carey and RAMWolff like this.
  11. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

I just ran across this a few days ago and I can't believe I don't remember how I fixed it. At the risk of sounding stupid I have to ask did you try changing the filtering for the displacement maps from crisp to none. For some reason that's the only thing I remember trying. I have a render that has a couple of hours left on it going at the minute so poser is tied up. As soon as it's done I'll check out the figure that had the problem to see if it jogs my memory and I'll get back to you. If that fails I would like to take a look at the shaders if possible. Also what level of SubD are you using?

12. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

meangreen.Jpg
    This is the Freak 4 wip character that I had the same problem with. I looked at the shaders and I think my problem was that somehow some of my displacement maps got disconnected for no apparent reason, so I'm not sure what's causing your issue. I would be happy to run some tests on an obj with some displacement maps and shader if you are so inclined to send them. If you want to post pictures of the shaders and render settings instead I could look at those, and perhaps someone smarter than me would chime in as well. There are plenty of those around here. I'd love to help out anyway I can if your interested if not you might try getting a hold of chuck or bagginsbill on the smithmicro poser forums. They might just be able to recognized the problem outright. Either way best of luck.

Carey likes this.
  13. tate

Thanks for the input. I seem to have fixed it by dropping the displacement level. I just need to finish rigging the hands then the rig is done. Might take the next few days off for the Holiday.

Untitled2.jpg

Carey, Art_of_Mind, Me195 and 4 others like this.
  14. Digitell

Digitell Enthusiast

He is adorable!

tate likes this.
  15. tate

Finished his rig. He works in Poser and DS! SWEET!!! Now to listen to some old school Bon Jovi and clean up this CR2. :)

dsgob.jpg

Carey, Dan30, Karth and 7 others like this.
  16. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Terrific...I'm looking forward to this Goblin!

17. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

He's looking great Tate. :)

18. Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic) Admirable Contributing Artist

Looking good. Love to get him.

19. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

Me too. Happy Birthday by the way.

20. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

Places flowers on this thread in remembrance...