• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

The Goblin Figure WIP

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
I really need some help here! I updated Poser Pro 11 to SR5. The update has caused some strange issues with my Goblin figure. Now when I apply SubD to the figure it causes slight splitting issues with the figure's mesh. This did not happen before the SR5 update. It seems to happen when I use a displacement map and SubD at the same time. Has anyone come across this before? If so, is there a way to fix it?
Thanks.

a.jpg
 

Me195

Extraordinary
I really need some help here! I updated Poser Pro 11 to SR5. The update has caused some strange issues with my Goblin figure. Now when I apply SubD to the figure it causes slight splitting issues with the figure's mesh. This did not happen before the SR5 update. It seems to happen when I use a displacement map and SubD at the same time. Has anyone come across this before? If so, is there a way to fix it?
Thanks.

View attachment 20123
I just ran across this a few days ago and I can't believe I don't remember how I fixed it. At the risk of sounding stupid I have to ask did you try changing the filtering for the displacement maps from crisp to none. For some reason that's the only thing I remember trying. I have a render that has a couple of hours left on it going at the minute so poser is tied up. As soon as it's done I'll check out the figure that had the problem to see if it jogs my memory and I'll get back to you. If that fails I would like to take a look at the shaders if possible. Also what level of SubD are you using?
 

Me195

Extraordinary
meangreen.Jpg

This is the Freak 4 wip character that I had the same problem with. I looked at the shaders and I think my problem was that somehow some of my displacement maps got disconnected for no apparent reason, so I'm not sure what's causing your issue. I would be happy to run some tests on an obj with some displacement maps and shader if you are so inclined to send them. If you want to post pictures of the shaders and render settings instead I could look at those, and perhaps someone smarter than me would chime in as well. There are plenty of those around here. I'd love to help out anyway I can if your interested if not you might try getting a hold of chuck or bagginsbill on the smithmicro poser forums. They might just be able to recognized the problem outright. Either way best of luck.
 
Top