The Goblin Figure WIP

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by tate, Mar 25, 2016.

1. tate

tate Eager Contributing Artist

Not yet. He is still in the pipeline. ;)

RAMWolff, Me195 and Mythocentric like this.
  2. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

Gauddam those protesters slowing down that pipeline!!

3. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Nope. Wasn't the protesters slowing down that pipeline, it's the oil spill it's ALREADY had :confused:

Mythocentric, Miss B and Pendraia like this.
  4. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

Checking in again, have SO many projects I'd love to use this guy on. :D

5. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

He looks really good tate, very nice sculpting on your part.

tate likes this.
  6. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Ambitious

Your work so far looks great. Hope there will eventually be more body morphs as well like a sloppy fat morph or more fantasy orkish looking goblins younger waif isn’t morph or...........

7. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

Just doing my quarter of a year checking in to see if there's been any progress, hmm maybe I should only check in every 6 months or so. :(

8. carmen indorato

Yeah....when?????

9. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

Really hoping nothing bad has happened to Tate, it's been over eight months since Tate's been seen. :(

tate likes this.
  10. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

He just posted on his facebook page, so I'm sure he's ok.

11. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

Are Goblins cursed, it's like every time someone starts to work on one, the whole project just vanishes. :(

12. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

It's been just over a year for the final touches.... still no goblin. :(

13. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

>Gets parking validated.<

14. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

15. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb Inspired

I'm starting to suspect it will never be released for the same reason the last Goblin was removed from the Poser/Daz stores earlier this year. Basically a game company claims they own the term and rights to "goblin" and no one else can sell or make anything "goblin.' :( Which also explains why goblins are so rare to find for Poser and Daz. Predatron's is about the only one left and that's one been changed to look very different from the classical goblin looks.

16. carmen indorato

Well you are probably right there. many such lovely porjects in all the years I have been in this community seem to bite the dut. It all starts with great excitement, vim nd vigor nd mnt times fizzy fizzes out for a myriad of reasons.
    As far as the gaming forbidding the use of the name Not sure that is the case. Did a Google search for Goblin and found 44, 600,000 references come up. I really doubt a gaming company can claim copyright or trademark on the word GOBLIN since it has been around in fantasy and folklore for a long time....certainly WAAAAAAAAAAY longer than games have been! They come in different sizes, colors and temperaments and from all over the world I would guess in some form or another.

See here:
    Etymology. According to some traditions, goblin comes from Gob or Ghob, the king of the gnomes, whose inferiors were called Ghob-lings. However, the name is probably derived from the Anglo-French gobelin (medieval Latin gobelinus), which is probably a diminutive of Gobel, a name related to the word kobold.

17. tate

I have to imagine no game company has copyright to the word goblin. He is just about done. Need to put a little more polishing on the package. I think I set a new bar for myself with this one. I was hoping to get him out for Halloween but, I don't see that happening. I would rather release him later and have a great figure then too early and have a mediocre figure. ;)

Rae134 and Miss B like this.
  18. tate

A lot has happened in my personal life but, I'm still here. I just needed to step back and deal with some things. All is well. :)

Rae134 and Miss B like this.
  19. tate

I'm thinking of sharing the basic figure with Chris and Lisa and Alisa this week. See what they think of him. I've been working on him a long time (colossal understatement), I don't want to loose perspective and feel I may have been obsessing over him for to long. ;)

Rae134 likes this.
  20. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Tate! So good to "see" you, and to hear the Goblin is still in the works. Understandable that life gets in the way sometimes. Hope everything has smoothed out for you, and just so you know, my finger is hovering over the Add to Cart button in anticipation of him arriving in the store!