• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Goblin Figure WIP

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Your work so far looks great. Hope there will eventually be more body morphs as well like a sloppy fat morph or more fantasy orkish looking goblins younger waif isn’t morph or...........

GhengisFarb

Motivated
Just doing my quarter of a year checking in to see if there's been any progress, hmm maybe I should only check in every 6 months or so. :(

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
He just posted on his facebook page, so I'm sure he's ok.

GhengisFarb

Motivated
I'm starting to suspect it will never be released for the same reason the last Goblin was removed from the Poser/Daz stores earlier this year. Basically a game company claims they own the term and rights to "goblin" and no one else can sell or make anything "goblin.' :( Which also explains why goblins are so rare to find for Poser and Daz. Predatron's is about the only one left and that's one been changed to look very different from the classical goblin looks.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Well you are probably right there. many such lovely porjects in all the years I have been in this community seem to bite the dut. It all starts with great excitement, vim nd vigor nd mnt times fizzy fizzes out for a myriad of reasons.
As far as the gaming forbidding the use of the name Not sure that is the case. Did a Google search for Goblin and found 44, 600,000 references come up. I really doubt a gaming company can claim copyright or trademark on the word GOBLIN since it has been around in fantasy and folklore for a long time....certainly WAAAAAAAAAAY longer than games have been! They come in different sizes, colors and temperaments and from all over the world I would guess in some form or another.

See here:
Etymology. According to some traditions, goblin comes from Gob or Ghob, the king of the gnomes, whose inferiors were called Ghob-lings. However, the name is probably derived from the Anglo-French gobelin (medieval Latin gobelinus), which is probably a diminutive of Gobel, a name related to the word kobold.

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
I have to imagine no game company has copyright to the word goblin. He is just about done. Need to put a little more polishing on the package. I think I set a new bar for myself with this one. I was hoping to get him out for Halloween but, I don't see that happening. I would rather release him later and have a great figure then too early and have a mediocre figure. ;)

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
I'm thinking of sharing the basic figure with Chris and Lisa and Alisa this week. See what they think of him. I've been working on him a long time (colossal understatement), I don't want to loose perspective and feel I may have been obsessing over him for to long. ;)