• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Me too Satira...earth shelter housing is the way to go! No need for heating and cooling as if it's done right it maintains an even temperature year round and if designed correctly are really safe in Bush fires...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
The rain has finally stopped! The north of the North Island copped some serious rain and flooding...according to Metservice, Northland had its usual monthly rainfall in two days! My dinghy is really gonna need some bailing :-O

The house I'm sitting may be one cat down by the time the owners get back. Really annoys the hell out of me when I'm not told about a meowing in the wee small hours moggy...I'm afraid these guys are now on my black list. Nine very long nights to go.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Poor baby! She just misses her mommy and her daddy! She may not meow in the wee hours of the morning when they are there.

Or ... if she's an older cat, she could be experiencing senile moments and finds herself lost in the middle of the night. Taeyn would do that once in a while. She'd be standing in the middle of the room and not know where I was. Like ... I'm right here you silly cat!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ouch...not good either for the dinghy or the cat. Satira's right, could be either of them...if it's the first she may calm down once she gets to know you.

Lorraine

And just chatted to Joycie the Fluffdog's dad...he is going to check the dinghy. Says it's blue skies and overwhelming humidity up there today, not much different than here. The little pool in the yard is looking real inviting :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Fingers crossed on cat calming down...

That's nice that Joycie's dad is checking it will give you peace of mind.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Very shortly, I'm going to have less time at the computer :p

This little rug rat will soon be living with me.

Aftershock.jpg

She's currently named Aftershock, but hasn't been called that. So she won't have an identity crisis when I name her something else.

Like ... Eirlys. Which is Welsh for Snowdrops. I'm still working out the pronounciation. I'm seeing (and hearing it) as AY-er-lis, EYE-er-lis, AY-liss, AY-lees, EYE-liss, EYE-lees.

ei is pronounced AY (as in bay) in North Wales and EYE in South Wales.

And of course, it depends whether you're from Wales, Canada, or the US as to how it's being pronounced. The Canadian video it came out like Earless, another video it was more like Airless. And someone posted it sounds like Heiress ... without the H.

Another possibility is Eira. Which is Welsh for Snow and would be AY-ra or EYE-ra.

I also love Eryi. But, I can't follow how it's being pronounced. I suppose I could cheat and just say Erie i. After all, what are the odds I'll run into someone from Wales!
Oh, that one means from Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales). And of course Snowdonia is Eryri (which means Highlands). Out of five or six people who recorded the pronounciation, it seems to be most often pronounced kinda like Aerie ... with more r's or ri's or something at the end.

Now ... the real question is ... why am I drawn to Welsh names?!?

Oh ... and I should check on the translation of Rug Rat :wink:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And then ... there is still Grafitti because she looks like someone spraypainted her :p

But of course, that's just too common a name, so I'd have to fancy it up like I did with Taeyn's name. She was named after Etain. Clearly, it ended up being spelled nothing like Etain, nor being pronounced like it either :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Probably attracted to the Welsh as it's musical and unusual.

So what does rug rat translate as?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
rat ryg

Only because google translate is confused. Since Rat = lygota and Rug = ryg

So ... rug rat should be something more like ryg lygota.

Definitely too much of a mouthful!

Lorraine

Yes, that is quite a mouthful!

Oh joy, oh rapture! My bank's website has crashed, all debit card transactions being declined, peeps all over the country be ready to flatten someone, poor people on the help desk be harried but still polite. First day back for a lot of businesses and this happens. Big oops.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
rat ryg

Only because google translate is confused. Since Rat = lygota and Rug = ryg

So ... rug rat should be something more like ryg lygota.

Definitely too much of a mouthful!
Not to mention trying to spell it. ~sheesh~ I'm sure you'll come up with something fitting. :)