• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Happy New Year Lorraine! You must be about an hour and half away from midnight? Too hot here for chokkies...but I did have a very nice moscato or two.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It's noon here, still 12 hours to go.
It has been the warmest xmas and new-year in the Netherlands since eons. Everybody is still in shock about that, no ice to skate on! The horror :);)

I wish everybody out there the very best for 2016!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Happy new year Pommerlis...Lorraine's probably already in 2016. I have about an hour to go...

Hasn't the weather just been weird lately...

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It really has. Both Xmas day and boxing day we had the doors and windows wide open. People walking around in tshirts, it just felt weird

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Early morning in Australia on the 1/1/2016...I managed to stay awake until 12pm. Couldn't have gotten to sleep anyway as someone close by was letting of some very noisy fireworks. By close I mean in the next street. Sounded like a gun going off. Given we had a total fireban yesterday and in Melbourne we're not supposed to use fireworks without a licence it was a bit concern as close to where we are is a grassland all it would take would be a single spark in the wrong spot...sorry tired, grumpy and full of sinus this morning.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hi everyone and welcome to 2016! Or welcome to it when it gets to you :balloon02:

Pommie, that is strange weather indeed! Tshirts in winter, good grief!

Oh Pen, I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling the best! No fair :(

I slept through all the fireworks and celebrations going on around my aunty's place...fell asleep at 9pm, was woken by NY wishes from my daughter in Bali, back to sleep till 10am! I was one very knackered person obviously. It's now 1.30 in the arvo, raining blowing, and a power cut...someone has probably taken out a power pole in the wet weather; no one seems to slow down and the roads will be so slippery after the dry weather. My aunt went to make some scones and, bother, no power! We were going to watch 'the Woman in Gold', will do so later.

The weather and power cut hasn't stopped me having a good time but, with all of us catching up and sharing a lot of laughs. My cousin brought me some salmon and avo sushi with made a yum lunch. I have followed that up with more chokkies.

New Year :grouphug: to you all :inverted:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's only sinus...which makes me grumpy! It's improved a bit...but I think I'm going to have to visit the doctor about it which I hate doing.

Glad you're enjoying the visit...

Happy New Year everyone!:grouphug: :bee:

Lorraine

I have an announcement to make, drumroll please! The good ship 'Sans Souci' turned 100 years old today! I should be home on her, drinking champagne and toasting to her remarkable longevity...really, she deserves a telegram from the Queen. Party time when I get back to Opua!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wow! That is amazing...she was originally made in 1916? Now I get why you named your DA account the way you did...Congrats on her birthday!

Lorraine

Thanks, Pen. Yep, built in Dunedin by Miller and Tunnage and launched as the fishing vessel 'Alert' in 1916, changed her name to 'Freda Pal', then to 'Sans Souci' when she was converted to a pleasure boat (as they were then called) in 1932. I feel privileged to have been her owner for the last nearly 20 years (in May). She has done me proud and doesn't owe me a penny :)

Lorraine

What a great website! No Sans Souci on it, that will need to be rectified on my return home. I've got some older photos of Souc at home and when I get back I'll digitise and post them. I've nothing unfortunately of her whilst still a fishing boat, that would be pretty cool.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Lorraine, I would love to see some pictures of your 'Sans Souci'. She sounds like a fine Lady.

Lorraine

How cool! So many boats on that page are Opua boats, three of them near neighbours. The Alert wasn't my boat...what a shame she's been stuck on a cradle like that, it kills boats being out of the water for any long length of time. Well I do have some work to do when I get back...get my boat on these websites for the world to see.