• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I surely will post some photos, Pom, I had some in a gallery on the old forum and I'll need to replace it/them. She is a fine lady, a wonderful home and I miss her when I'm not on her. Two weeks and I'll be aboard again :)

Lorraine

Gosh how funny! I don't know her but I spoke to her on Wednesday when I was working at the plumber's office. She has a water leak and needs a toilet and hand basin removed! What a terrific painter she is. I think she might be American or Canadian by her accent on the phone. What a hoot :roflmao:

Lorraine

And I just checked her bio...born in NZ but moved to the States with her family. So there's the accent explained. Now living back in NZ in Opua. And having a water leak fixed. Still chortling :)

Lorraine

I've been going through her boat paintings and just came across one I know quite well. This is the Anna Marie, a fishing boat owned by Duncan, an old neighbour of mine from when I lived ashore near Kaikohe. Duncan has had some bad luck the last few years and Anna Marie was out of the water after some of this. Her mooring chain broke and she ended up on the beach at Paihia. Duncan spent the next few months fixing her in the spot where Adele painted her, at the boatyard where my dinghy floats and waits my return.

COLOR AND LIGHT: The Boats of Opua - #5867

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear about his bad luck...I've been looking at pictures of Opua. It's really beautiful...houses aren't cheap though. Most of the ones I saw were quite expensive and so many boats in the harbour.

Edited to add: I love all her boat paintings but that one I linked to is still my favourite.

Lorraine

No, houses aren't cheap here at all...I could never afford to live here if I wasn't on Souc. There are cheaper places to the south and west...west is where my son is. But no sea or boats out the windows. Deal breaker far as I'm concerned...they can keep their cheaper houses and I'll stay aboard. Opua has a HUGE boat fleet, lots of locals, scads of out of towners and a big contingent of overseas cruisers who ride out the Pacific islands cyclone season in safe and sheltered Opua or safe harbours further south. Makes for interesting conversations over a beer at the club. The saddest thing is when you make really good friends and they sail away and out of your life forever...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Totally understand...it's certainly a top view. Sad when that happens but given the net it doesn't have to happen. My sister and her husband met some people when on a cruise in Europe and they've stayed in touch via email and such. I'm about to close the computer and go to bed. I think last night is finally catching up on me...
One last comment. I planted a lavender bush that I've had for a while tonight and while putting the plant in the hole I saw something moving. I thought at first oh no, it's a mouse or something. Turned out it was a frog hiding in the plant...3rd one I've found in the back garden over the last three years since the drought broke and yet I have no ponds. I was sitting there last night thinking I could hear something that sounded like the two I'd put in Mum's pond and sure enough...it amazes me what you find just in a bog standard back yard. Found lizards when I was moving some bricks the other day.

Lorraine

Rebbut, rebbut ;)

Night Pen, catch you to...was gonna say 'morrow' but it's to-morrow here already! :inverted:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Night...it's just after 10pm here but having been awake until 2am last night I can hardly keep my eyes open...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Isn't she just...I would love to own even a little painting from her, so I could just look at it...

@Satira, I almost posted some links of boats for sale...just for you ; )

Although you could build your own houseboat that's what my sister and her husband did years ago. It was a lovely boat! But then you need somewhere to moor it...

Lorraine

Still a cruddy day in Auckland and up north. Looks like it will fine up tomorrow arvo. Northland has a heavy rain warning so I hope someone's keeping an eye on Souc and the dinghy.

Tonight I move on to my cousin's son's house to babysit the cat for 10 days. Fingers crossed there's a good computer there!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We have much cooler weather today. It's supposed to be high 20's all week so it's a nice reprieve...

Good luck with your cat sitting...and fingers crossed on that computer.

Lorraine

That weather will be pleasant for you after all the heat. Enjoy! It's cooled down here enough to warrant a sweatshirt and socks...would have been slippers but they are snuggly warm at home on the boat.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Why not built it in NZ instead!

Although, if I'm going to move to New Zealand, I want to live in a hobbit house!!!