• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh my goodness. Have you ever seen a 40 oz. Whitman's Sampler box?!? OMG! It is huge. I have never, ever seen one that big. We are all totally in shock here.

And about to go into serious Chocolate overload.

The director of the department I support just dropped it off in appreciation for all the work we do (the IS department) for his agency.

Excuse me while I go wallow in chocolate covered cherries.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh ... and I've been approved by another adoption agency. She said my vet gave them a GLOWING report about me!

This agency prefers you adopt pairs of kittens. They have had a lot of problems with people bringing single adopted kittens back because of problems with the kittens becoming too rough. Since it's just me, I really would prefer a single kitten rather than two. But, I am open to adopting a pair.

Seriously, I believe it's more an issue of people encouraging a kitten to attack rather than the fact it isn't raised with another kitten. I've only once had a problem with a cat that was too viscious in place, but that was my ex's fault. He played rough with Sushi as a kitten while he wore a thick leather glove. So of COURSE, she didn't learn to be gentle. Once I banned him from playing with her that way, she eventually learned to be more gentle. But, it took awhile for her to unlearn what he'd taught her!

Of all our cats though ... Sushi was my heart.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Good news Satira! And that chocolate sounds amazing :eek:

Getting ready for the long trip back home today. Girding myself with copious coffee! Didn't have the best night's sleep so will need lots of breaks during the day. Catch you when I get home and re-reunite with the puter :inverted:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know Satira, I wonder if it's a matter of siblings missing each other that causes them to not be the playful sweet kittens they are when both are adopted into the same home.

@Lorraine, have a safe trip home, and don't over do it. I know what kind of havoc a bad night's sleep can cause.

Lorraine

First stop, sushi and miso soup followed by a fresh cream doughnut...the healthy closely followed by the wicked :) . Traffic is ok, sticking to 90ks p/hr just to be on safe side.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I suspect the push to adopt kittens in pairs is so they don't get left alone for long hours of the day. And possibly to keep them used to dealing with other cats. It's sometimes difficult to introduce a 2nd cat into a home with an "only cat".

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Absolutely, she commented that with a pair, they have each other for company during the day, while with a single you come home and they are all over you wanting attention.

But the biggest thing with them was that they get a lot of returns when the kittens are no longer kittens because while it's cute when a kitten plays rough with you, it's not so cute when they are older and constantly leap out at you and claw your legs. As adult cats, it's harder to find them homes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Great news Satira! Enjoy the chocolate...

Lorraine, stay safe...

Agree totally Jodel...they do that here also.

Lorraine

Christmas Eve and it's raining. It's meant to clear this evening and tomorrow will be showery. So no picnics on the beach Christmas Day.

My Christmas Eve will be spent at the movies with my son...we are going to see the new Star Wars film. I've tried to avoid any and all comments and spoilers but man, it's hard. Peeps be just so willing to share.

This morning I take the car to Kawakawa to get a warrant of fitness. I was 12ks from home on Tuesday when was pulled over by a nice young local policeman who asked me was I going to get a warrant any time soon. I looked at him blankly and he informed me my mate Dave had been running around for two months with none! Being a nice young man, and obviously not wanting to be a nasty at Christmas, he gave Dave (and thus me) 14 days to get another and then there'd be no fine. So I managed to squeeze a time out of his garage before they close at midday today for the hols. Lucky Dave, lucky me :)

Lorraine

image.jpeg

Kawakawa and the train was running...the lines run up the middle of the road. Needless to say, the train has right of way :)

Lorraine

No, a warrant of fitness is a test of the car's bits and pieces (tyres, lights, shocks etc) to ensure it's still roadworthy. It's done six monthly and yay, Dave's car passed its today and we are again road legal. There's also car registration which is paid yearly.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It's not Christmas eve in L.A. quite yet. But tomorrow, when it is, a friend and I plan to get out to see the new Star Wars film at local theater which has a cut rate matinee. No idea what the weather is going to be doing. Since the start of the month we've been getting a few 20-minute showers, but nothing like a real storm so far.

After a couple of years of drought, we're looking forward t an El Nino influenced wet winter. If we actually get one...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was thinking that would be a good idea for me as well, as it's playing at the Cineplex a couple of blocks from here. They also have reduced rates for senior citizens, which I take advantage of now and then. There was no way I was going to stand in line to see it when it debuted over the weekend. Must've been a madhouse for sure.

It was pouring rain here today, and from what I've seen at Weather.com, except for Friday, which will be cloudy. it's going to be raining through 'til Saturday. At least the weather has warmed up a bit, and should hit 70 one of these days, which is most definitely not typical winter weather here in NY. Personally, as "wet" as it was when I was out today, I'm glad it wasn't cold enough to turn that rain to sleet and snow. ~cringe~

Lorraine

My son is really sad about the weather. He was hoping for no rain for a couple of weeks so his tree of apricots would ripen and not rot. But no, they will all turn yuck for the umpteenth season. I did suggest a chainsaw might solve his problem...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Christmas Eve here and supposed to get to 33degrees celsius...lovely day. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same with rain on Boxing Day.

We have trams but ours looks different...

Lorraine

'and the Baron cried out "Merry Christmas, my friend!",' and so do I. Hope you all has a cracker day :imcool:

Star Wars was the bomb! Not A bomb, THE bomb. Loved it, think it's the best since the originals and wanna see it again.

That is not a tram, Pen, it's an actual train, now for tourists, sometimes has a steam engine, Gabriel, pulling it, only had the little diesel yesterday. The train society is trying to get the track opened up to Opua again which I'm not sure about since a great deal of taxpayer money was spent making the overgrown, rusted and rotted track into a bike trail. How the train and bikes will co-exist I don't know but I will be seriously annoyed if after all that money and effort, the bikes and peeps are cast aside for an occasional train.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes the Star Wars film was a lot of fun. No surprises at all, but a really solid do-over from the original film. Plus 40 years of advances in the tech.

Enjoyed it muchly.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you enjoyed the film!
'and the Baron cried out "Merry Christmas, my friend!",' and so do I. Hope you all has a cracker day :imcool:

Star Wars was the bomb! Not A bomb, THE bomb. Loved it, think it's the best since the originals and wanna see it again.

That is not a tram, Pen, it's an actual train, now for tourists, sometimes has a steam engine, Gabriel, pulling it, only had the little diesel yesterday. The train society is trying to get the track opened up to Opua again which I'm not sure about since a great deal of taxpayer money was spent making the overgrown, rusted and rotted track into a bike trail. How the train and bikes will co-exist I don't know but I will be seriously annoyed if after all that money and effort, the bikes and peeps are cast aside for an occasional train.
Looks like our trams...how come you have trains in the middle of the street?

Lorraine

Not really sure why they put the track down the street, Pen, could be the town grew around the track. It's the branch line that went from Otiria out to the wharf at Opua. Once upon a time there was no road and the railway and the river were the only way to the village. Meat, coal and kauri logs were the main freight and some passengers.

A cracker day here in Opua after a similar yesterday. Shannon heads off home today, it's been so nice having him here this long. When he leaves I shall go out and check the boat then take my outboard off the dinghy ready for my couple of weeks in Auckland. Just talked to Joycie's dad, they are in Picton with a couple of thousand other cruise boaters fighting for tables and chairs in the cafes. I know where I prefer to be!

Hope everyone had a happy festive season and are fully recovered from said festivities. :inverted: