• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Ah...global warming has a lot to do with it I think. We get quite a few tornados over here plus water spouts...they are freaky!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah...I think you're right. Where are all the naysayers now? You still hear one or two(like our recent pm who is now an ex pm) make stupid comments about it but most have gone away. I'm glad our current pm(even for a Liberal) took a better approach at the conference in France.

We are getting so much more extreme weather especially in the northern parts. It seems like every week or two something happens up there. So far we're just getting warmer weather at unusual times.

Lorraine

mmm, we still have some of those naysayers naysaying here as well...I used to get annoyed but now I look on them much as I look on the moon landing naysayers, as afflicted individuals one must feel sympathy for!

Well, I'm supposed to be packing and making tracks south so I'd better get my a into g and a dog in the car. In case I don't catch up before Tuesday, have a swell weekend everyone and I'll report on the family convivialities (or lack thereof ;) ) upon my return :inverted:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh my gosh. During the holiday luncheon at work, I had to sit through a very opinionated "discussion" of how global warming doesn't exist at all and that all the scientists/etc., who are going on and on about it are completely ignorant and wrong.

Because they are comparing temperatures with modern instruments to those taken with archaic instruments and therefore, you can only compare whole degrees to whole degrees and ... consequently, it is only ONE degree difference. (One degree melts the polar icecap???)

The unseasonably warm weather is totally the result of El Nino and nothing to do with the non existent global warming. But ... but ... yes. El Nino 2015 is having and will have a huge impact on weather around the world, but no way did El Nino 2015 affect the arctic problems for the last 10 years! Of course, I never realized that El Nino affected weather world wide rather than just the West Coast. But, you can't expect a hermit to think in terms of the entire world when they live in a cave :wink:

Anyway ... I just kept my mouth shut because it's not like anything any of us would say would change his opinion. He considers himself far more knowledgeable about everything than the rest of us.

I mean seriously! When another coworker asked if his daughter (who is 5 or 6) wanted a pet, he said yes. She'd asked for a butterfly. But there was NO WAY at all, he was going to have ANY PETS in his house! Um ... a butterfly? For all of a week? Just how difficult is having a pet butterfly for one week going to upset his life?!?

She could be asking for a pony! Or a chimpanzee.

Lorraine

Safely in the Waikato, fed, watered and almost ready for bed...what a very long day!

I feels for you, Satira. It's really hard not to respond to unmitigated morons, ain't it?!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yay Lorraine!

Actually, I have no problem completely ignoring unmitigated morons. If anything, it's probably more of a problem that I don't challenge them. But then again ... a holiday luncheon is not the place to tell someone he's a complete unmitigated moron.

I may be smart (or even brilliant as an ex coworker still likes to tell me), but I'm not exactly socially adept, and when I'm challenged or confronted, my brain tends to go into lockdown mode. Circle the wagons! The beasties are attacking!!!

The worst thing about our moron is that he's in charge of setting the security standards and is constantly issuing edicts about our databases and practices ... despite those edicts usually being doable for the developers who have web applications and not at all doable for me since my application is a desktop application.

Soo ... did I mention that after my periodontist appointment yesterday morning, I drove back into center city (like a few blocks from where I work) to look at adoptable cats. After an hour circling the block looking for a parking spot. I finally found one a few blocks away. Fortunately, the Prius c is small enough, I was able to back into the spot. But ... they had no kittens. Oopsie. Why didn't I call first!?! But, I had to finalize my application anyway. They needed to see photo id. So now if I find a kitten at the Pet Valu near me, I'm all cleared for adopting.

The best thing about that little trip those was that I was getting over 50 mpg as I circled and circled and circled the block.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds like he is a major pain...glad you got the paperwork sorted. So sad that there were no kitties to look at...

Lorraine

Sad there was no kitties :) But your kitty is waiting somewhere for you to fall in love with :)

Apropos of Christmas in NZ...pavlova for dessert...plenty left for seconds and thirds :)

image.jpeg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yum...but I'm feeling fairly full at the moment from Birthday cake and some chicken and salad rolls.

Lorraine

The worst thing about pavlova: it's sweet and fattening. The best thing about pavlova: it's sweet and fattening. All in all, the perfect dessert :)

Lorraine

Oh yes! Meringue, whipped cream, balsamic marinated strawberries and blackberries, and a flaked Flake!