• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
1.72 inches of rain? Round here we call that dewfall! We don't notice the wet stuff until we need to use a snorkel to walk to the local shops. Mind you. On the other hand, we have never managed to work out how to deal with the dreaded S-N-O-W. I don't know what it is with us Brits but while that Scandinavian lot are driving around quite happily in snow up to the rooftops, here in the UK anything over half-an-inch of the stuff and the country grinds to a halt and the media treats us all to endless shots of miles long traffic jams, thousands of stranded rail commuters and airports at a standstill because someone lost the key to the cupboard which holds the special brush for sweeping snow off the runways. Not that that makes much difference because by then the guy who does the sweeping is usually off with flu anyway! Honest! We're talking about a country which considers we've got a white Christmas if a snowflake lands on the roof of the Met Office during December. I was tempted to say I don't know how we ever managed to build an empire but I've just remember that all the countries we ruled, with the exception of Canada, were warm, sunny ones so I won't! :confused:

Terre

Renowned
One snowflake falling on City Hall would be a white Christmas here most years. We usually have one or two snowfalls which menlt off before Late December and the one or more after New Years. Last year we had a couple of times when it tried to snow and that was all.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm getting an uneasy feeling that this may be a tough winter here in New England. Great for the ski resorts and mountains up in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, but I don't want it here in Southeaster Massachusetts. Not that what I want matters all that much...

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. Cold weather arrived a bit early here but otherwise things are going well. I had a longish week at work last week. We'll see how this upcoming one works out.
How are you guys doing?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Cold! And while I'm at the computer, my right hand gets colder than my left hand, because of the mouse. Right arm stretches out a little more and is angled away from the body a bit, all ganging up to make it colder. I hate the cold weather season. And it's not even sub-zero weather yet.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Yesterday went well at work overall but the start........
I decided to head in a bit early because there were going to be some items I needed to get added to the sale. They are part of the in store stuff rather than part of the download from the warehouse. Getting them scanning ahead of time hadn't been possible because they hadn't been in stock in the store for a couple of weeks and wouldn't be back in until Saturday. Problem.... It's been over a year since I had to use my passcode for the alarm system, I don't remember what it is, and I don't have it written down ( I will correct that tomorrow). This wouldn't have been a problem except that the bakery had stopped having someone come in before 5am and I didn't realize that. Being 5am I also couldn't just call the boss and ask him what the "everything's all right" code was for the company who handles the alarm system. Fortunately I was dressed for work including my name tag and let the police in with my keys which were on a ring that clearly had my car keys and such as well and one officer I recognized so I'm sure he knew I actually belonged there. I explained the problem while one did a check on my ID. While trying to find someone I could call to get the alarm turned off the bakery manager arrived., After that mess things went pretty well. Tomorrow I'll have the boss look up the numbers in the alarm system. I'll recognize mine and write it down just in case I need it again.

DanaTA

Distinguished
That does not sound like a fun morning. If not for the police officer who recognized you, if that were me, I'd probably be in the city jail.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm cold again. It's currently 39F outside. 67F in the hallway, 63F in the guest room. Those thermometers are at eye level (thermostat) or higher (multi-function clock on the wall in the guest room). I'm not standing, I'm sitting at the computer. I don't like the winter...and it's not even here yet. At least it was sunny today, and will be tomorrow, too. But big rain on the way tomorrow night and most of Thursday.

Dana

Here in Tennessee it had been constantly in the nineties up until the end of last week. This morning it frosted. I feel like we skipped fall altogether this year.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know, the Spring and Fall seasons seem to get shorter every year. ~shakes head~

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. Things are doing fine here. Relaxing evening with mild weather for this time of year despite the early freeze.

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :)
@Mythocentric Some friends in England have mentioned that even though Halloween is an American thing stuff has been showing up in stores for a few years now. Are you seeing the same thing in your area?

Terre

Renowned
I haven't either. I keep hoping that Lorraine will poke in. Or Mytho. He often comes up with amusing things.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey everyone. I just wanted to poke my head in here. I do read in from time to time, even though I don't post a lot.

Anyway. Lorraine said it was okay, so I came in to let you all know that she is okay. She is busy handling the haul-out and maintenance for her Souci. So, no need to worry. All is okay, she just has a lot on her plate right now.