• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Terre, I'm surviving. It's been hard with the shut down of all non-essential locations, but I'm making do. People here have been doing good as far as social distancing, wearing face masks or scarves, and wearing vinyl gloves, so I haven't heard of anyone here in my neighborhood getting ill. We have a nursing home on the next corner, and I haven't heard of them having any issues for their patients or staff either.

Terre

Renowned
That's good to hear. Especially with the nursing home close by. All is OK here too.
I've now had to be tested 3 times due to my job (one of 2 grocery stores in town and thus one of the most public places and a coworker and his family all testing positive.) but all thee have been negative.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's good. I haven't been tested, but should get my butt in gear, and have it done. I haven't felt at all ill, but it's always good to be sure, so will do at some point.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've been tested twice Terre...both times negative. My asthma has been playing up and presents as a cough.

Terre

Renowned
Due to my allergies I started wearing a mask at work because i realized that my coughing would concern people. It turned out that a good bit of those allergy problems were dust in the air and the mask reduced that quite a bit. Then the governor ordered the employees of all large stores to do so anyway.
I'm glad you guys are doing OK.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The barber who cut my hair last week said that it's tough wearing the mask all day. Makes his throat dry. He had to stop a few times to take a little water. I felt bad for him.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
I did so for several years a number of years back when my allergies were worse so it's not a big deal for me. For some people it is a problem. I womnder if growing up hiking and backpacking helps. I lived at 5000' but was walking all the way up to 12,000 sometimes. 10,000 was common. The difference in air pressure from those experiences may be helping me now.
How do you deal with wearing a mask for hours at a time?

I find it hard to breathe when wearing a mask.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It is supposed to help prevent fogging if you wash your glasses with soap and water. Rinse off the soap, then dry the glasses with a lint free cloth.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have found, that if my mask is up over my nose and more or less under the edge of my glasses that they fog less, also make sure the top of the mask is close against your face.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the suggestions.
It is supposed to help prevent fogging if you wash your glasses with soap and water. Rinse off the soap, then dry the glasses with a lint free cloth.
I know some people who tried that and said it didn't work very well.
I have found, that if my mask is up over my nose and more or less under the edge of my glasses that they fog less, also make sure the top of the mask is close against your face.
I'll give this a try...I was planning on going to an auto shop and looking for one of the defogging products for car windows. I had some years ago that worked really well. I just haven't gotten around to it yet due to having been in iso and also with my asthma playing up.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't realize, but the wipes I purchase for my glasses are anti-fog.

PDI D25431 See Clear Eye Glass Cleaning Wipes (Pack of 120)

I carry some in my backpack, but didn't think to try those on my glasses before wearing a mask. But then, I've only gone out once since March 13, and have only gone down to the lobby to pick up packages twice.

I am in absolutely no rush to go back out among the infected. I can control my direct exposure to others. But that doesn't do any good when those I am exposed to are far less careful about their exposure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've been using Zeiss Lens Cleaning Wipes for years, mostly because Zeiss is (or was years ago) a camera lens manufacturer. My Ophthalmologist approved of them as well, and they can be used for camera lenses and telescopes, as well as for reading and sunglasses,, though I've never used them on my sunglasses because they're inexpensive, and the lenses are plastic.

Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Wipes

I usually get the 200 pack, and it's good for most of a year.