1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sunday, June 23, 2019, 11pm EST. We were planning to import this forum into the new software tonight, however, it's not going to happen just yet. We hope to be using the new forum software by the end of the week.
    Dismiss Notice

The Anchorage, Part 3

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Lorraine, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Terre

Terre Distinguished

Good morning. :)

2. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

Good afternoon. Haven't eaten yet. Kind of wiped out last night. Had trouble staying awake at the computer after I watched the news and weather. Got up pretty late today.

Dana

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Its morning, that's about all I have to say on the matter. I think its going to take more than coffee to kickstart the neurons

4. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Absolutely hate Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. The rest of the week I get to stay home. Though, Thursday and Friday, I still have to work. But at least I don't have to go out in the world to do so.

5. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

I think of a song from the 60s...and wonder how the writer felt when it was a Monday and it was also raining! :rolleyes:

Dana

6. Dreamer

@DanaTA well that would be better than always being stuck on tuesday morning :laugh:

7. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

Do you know the song to which I referred? Does anyone?

Dana

8. Dreamer

Yep I do lol just not giving it away just yet

DanaTA likes this.
  9. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

Hi everyone, hope you are all happy and well. I'm finally on the home stretch to both...though the wellness part is going to take yet another pill in my med regime to get there. I swear I rattle sometimes!

IMG_1188.JPG
    Some of this afternoon's purchases at the local farmer's market. That corn is already in the pot, one of the courgettes and half the red pepper are sliced ready for stirfry. Nom nom!

Terre and pommerlis like this.
  10. pommerlis

pommerlis Busy Bee Contributing Artist

Nom Nom indeed!

Lorraine likes this.
  11. Dreamer

Very nom. Must be the night for stir fry as we had stir fried veg and noodles with a bit of pan fried salmon, you know things are crazy when salmon is cheaper than steak:eek:

Lorraine likes this.
  12. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

I LOVE salmon! My stirfry included a lot of chilli and some shredded chicken. A 2kg frozen chook was only $8 at Countdown...I popped it, frozen, into the pressure cooker and an hour and a half later it's falling off the bones in a scrummy stock. Should keep me fed for another three days.

Terre likes this.
  13. Satira Capriccio

I first thought Monday, Monday by the Mamas and Papas. But that's about crying, not raining. Then I thought, hmm ... I love the Flower Girls, and while there is rain, it doesn't mention Mondays. But, finally, I had an ah ha moment. Rainy Days and Mondays ... always get me down. Carpenters.

14. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

Bing, Bing, Bing! Winner! I always thought to myself, the writer of that song must go suicidal on a rainy Monday!

Dana

15. Terre

Terre Distinguished

Sounds delicious. Good to see you. Hopefully the health issues will get taken care of easily.

16. Terre

Terre Distinguished

No winner here. I did recognize the song when I saw Satira's post though. Having heard it a few times many years ago I think you're right.

17. Satira Capriccio

I love rainy days, though nothing would make a Monday good. Well, scratch that. One thing would. If that Monday is a holiday! My ideal rainy day would be spent all warm and toasty in front of a crackling fire, with a bowl of hot buttered popcorn, a mug of vanilla chai, and an intensely good story to read.

Lorraine and pommerlis like this.
  18. Terre

Terre Distinguished

That sounds like a great day to me as well.

pommerlis likes this.
  19. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

It was rainy here yesterday and still drizzly tonight. I've had enough. When I went out to the back yard to get the recycling barrel, the ground went squish, squish, and there were puddles in the grass. Enough! At least it wasn't freezing rain.

Dana

20. Terre

Terre Distinguished

I wish you could send us some of that rain.