• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

DanaTA

Distinguished
Good evening.

Dana

Attachments

• Good Evening.gif
    Good Evening.gif
    968 KB · Views: 134

Terre

Renowned
Hi Dana. :)
I haven't been checking in the last few days as much as I normally do. I do sometimes get busy with stuff.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have no idea what I was talking about when I wrote "I wouldn't doubt it." o_O

I've been checking in here more than I used to.

What's a trophy? I was notified that I was awarded a trophy. o_O

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
So, sort of like real trophies...look nice on a shelf, but not very useful. No insult meant. I just didn't understand what they were about. Except, what shelf do they go on? Only for private viewing? ;)

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think it depends on what theme you're using to view the forum. I use the Blackend-Green theme, so it shows with other information under each user's Avatar.

This is what I see for you.

DanaTA-Avatar.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I too use the Blackened-Green theme so don't know what it looks like on the default, but if you click the number after Trophy Points, you can go to a screen that shows what they have been awarded for.
Untitled-1.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Trophy points? I ask again...are these points good for anything but making myself feel good? I'm thinking probably not. Well, I have points in my account that are good towards purchases, that's good enough for me. It seems like this is some sort of "social status" thing.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Most forums have some sort of thing that shows the member's status. Others are most likely not Trophy Points, but folks who have been long-time members will have something distinctive to show they are long-time, and active, members that others won't have. This forum's software just happens to issue Trophy Points for one reason or another.

Terre

Renowned
I found it amusing to get a point for making my first post here. Since then I haven't really paid attention but other people get really happy so something of the sort is what I'd expect in most places.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I guess I'm immune to these things. I'm on Facebook, and don't pay much attention to these things. I think people there try to get more friends just for the sake of some kind of status level. I don't go out of my way to request friends, usually. Sometimes I'll spot someone from here or DAZ forums and I may request. I've had a bunch of friend requests, but most of them I don't recognize so I hold off. My site's page has around 71 likes, now...I think. Unfortunately, many of those who "Like" my page don't sign up at my site, which is the main reason I got on Facebook, to generate some traffic for the site. It's frustrating, but I do still get new registrations almost every month...one or two, three in January. At least one or two were specifically because of the MeshWorks sale. Registered and bought something in the sale the same day. So, I'm not complaining.

Dana