The Anchorage, Part 3

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Lorraine, Dec 11, 2015.

1. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

Good evening.

Dana

Attached Files:

Terre likes this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

~ROFL~ Alfred Hitchcock at his best. ;)

3. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

Glad you recognized it. I wondered if anyone would. :)
    Used to watch that every sunday night, I think, at my grandma's house.

Dana

4. Miss B

So did I. The man was a genius, that's for sure.

5. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

I like how he always gave himself a cameo in his movies! It was almost like a game, see if you can spot him. :x3:

Dana

pommerlis likes this.
  6. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

I wouldn't doubt it.

Dana

7. Terre

Terre Distinguished

Hi Dana. :)
    I haven't been checking in the last few days as much as I normally do. I do sometimes get busy with stuff.

8. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

I have no idea what I was talking about when I wrote "I wouldn't doubt it." o_O

I've been checking in here more than I used to.

What's a trophy? I was notified that I was awarded a trophy. o_O

Dana

9. Miss B

Hey Dana. Here's a list of how you can earn them here on the forum --> Trophies

10. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

LOL Miss B beat me to it!

11. Miss B

What can I tell ya. ;)

12. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

So, sort of like real trophies...look nice on a shelf, but not very useful. No insult meant. I just didn't understand what they were about. Except, what shelf do they go on? Only for private viewing? ;)

Dana

Terre and Rae134 like this.
  13. Miss B

I think it depends on what theme you're using to view the forum. I use the Blackend-Green theme, so it shows with other information under each user's Avatar.

This is what I see for you.

DanaTA-Avatar.jpg

14. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I too use the Blackened-Green theme so don't know what it looks like on the default, but if you click the number after Trophy Points, you can go to a screen that shows what they have been awarded for.
    Untitled-1.jpg

15. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

Trophy points? I ask again...are these points good for anything but making myself feel good? I'm thinking probably not. Well, I have points in my account that are good towards purchases, that's good enough for me. It seems like this is some sort of "social status" thing.

Dana

16. Terre

Terre Distinguished

Yes, it is. Some people get very happy with such things even though they don't matter to others of us.

Rae134 likes this.
  17. Miss B

Most forums have some sort of thing that shows the member's status. Others are most likely not Trophy Points, but folks who have been long-time members will have something distinctive to show they are long-time, and active, members that others won't have. This forum's software just happens to issue Trophy Points for one reason or another.

18. Terre

Terre Distinguished

I found it amusing to get a point for making my first post here. Since then I haven't really paid attention but other people get really happy so something of the sort is what I'd expect in most places.

19. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

I guess I'm immune to these things. I'm on Facebook, and don't pay much attention to these things. I think people there try to get more friends just for the sake of some kind of status level. I don't go out of my way to request friends, usually. Sometimes I'll spot someone from here or DAZ forums and I may request. I've had a bunch of friend requests, but most of them I don't recognize so I hold off. My site's page has around 71 likes, now...I think. Unfortunately, many of those who "Like" my page don't sign up at my site, which is the main reason I got on Facebook, to generate some traffic for the site. It's frustrating, but I do still get new registrations almost every month...one or two, three in January. At least one or two were specifically because of the MeshWorks sale. Registered and bought something in the sale the same day. So, I'm not complaining.

Dana

20. Terre

Terre Distinguished

Hopefully it'll continue to bring in some new business.