• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Morning!

I just realised seeing Lorraine's message I still haven't reinstalled skype...another thing still to do.

The first moor fire is said to be under control but another fire has started on another moor in the same part of the country. It is a problem with the ground being so dry but as is usual for the UK we have had about 10 days of sunshine and they are already imposing hose pipe bans, asking people to just have short showers and advising that there could be water shortages. They might have more public support if their pipe networks did not leak massive amounts of water every day and they have done for years.
lol...I find this funny as we have restrictions imposed when there is a drought situation and the dams get below a certain level. I suppose in England they don't have quite the same storage capacity but it just seems weird that it only took 10 days!

@Terre, the New World Symphony has always been one of my favourites.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Howdy, howdy!

Had a nice talk with Seliah last night and a nice chat with Miss B, lovely to catch up :) I'll be ashore again for at least ten days from July 23 so if anyone wants a natter I'll start Skype!

Bit bleak here today. I turned off the heater at 2am as was afraid the diesel would run out but when I refuelled today was surprised to see more in the tank than expected. So my freezing the boat was unnecessary :x3:, brrrrr! We are warming up nicely now.

There's a boat just arrived in Opua that's so loud I can here its engine from way up here. It's got a load of young folk on board who had such a horrible trip (five weeks!!) over from Brisbane that most are leaving the ship here. I'm hoping the young Floridian I had visiting the boat Friday will change her mind about joining the crew up to Fiji. The skipper sounds like a complete numpty. Refuses to have a radio on board so does not do any skeds while on passage causing Search and Rescue to put out bulletins (Friday) and planes (2007). Not someone I want anyone going to sea with. Sadly the boat is registered in Vanuatu which has much laxer laws than here...if it was NZ registered it wouldn't be allowed to leave port. It's here for at least two weeks undergoing repairs so fingers crossed she and the remaining crew will change their minds about going north.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Had a nice talk with Seliah last night and a nice chat with Miss B, lovely to catch up :) I'll be ashore again for at least ten days from July 23 so if anyone wants a natter I'll start Skype!
I usually have Skype open, assuming I remember to start it up, so you'll know where to find me. ;)

Lorraine

Kia ora, my friends! Got a southerly buster blowing off Antarctica today, it's right nippy out there! But here in the wheelhoose I'm wearing a sundress and thick socks (it's physics, it is!) and be warm. Hope you are all in fine fettle :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Afternoon all! It's cold here...just got back from the optometrists for an eye check.
@Lorraine , your wheelhouse must be warmer than my house at the moment...I don't think I'm going to be wearing a sundress anytime soon.

Lorraine

I think my wheelhouse is often warmer than a lot of houses but only because the fire is heating a space a little bit bigger than most house's toilets ;) If I go fore or aft the temp drops considerably. And I'm back to wearing my long woolly cardy, I had the cockpit doors open to air the saloon and it got cooler up here. Back doors are now shut, blow the fresh air!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...too true. Our family room is a large space but we tend to put cardigans/jumpers on first before turning up the heat. I'm sitting here with a nice thick pair of ugg boots on and warm woolly cardi...

Lorraine

My fire is at its very lowest setting and I generally don't turn it up. That's when I'll start putting on layers and snuggling under a rug. If I keep it on low I can run it 24/7 for about $40 a week. I only turn it off if it's a super sunny day with no wind. And even then I've been fooled...turned it off and the sun's gone and I've got cold. So, summer dresses and a fire ;)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
The house here is just about warm enough to have me wanting to swap my heavy long sleeved top and wool jersey for a tee shirt, but at the same time I have been so sick I don't want to risk it. So slightly over warm but its nice for a change

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm so envious of you all. The only reason I'm freezing is because of the AC. At midnight, it's still 84F and 72% humidity, with the barest whisper of a breeze.

This is perfect weather for spending at the Oregon Coast, where it's 59% and only 9 pm. It won't get out of the 60s all week there.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Stay warm Dreamer!

@Lorraine we try and keep the heater low(ducted heating) as it uses less electricity. During winter the solar panels don't bring in as much power...IIRC my husband said that we get about 50% of our needs during the day covered. During summer it pretty much covers most of what we use with less than 10% coming off the grid. I will turn it up higher than my husband as he doesn't feel the cold as much as I do.

@Satira Capriccio I've been reading some detective type novels about the Oregon Coast it sounds fairly cold but with not a lot of snow in the books I've read.

Hornet3d

Wise
We are having a heat wave in the UK at the moment although I know there a plenty of places hotter. I have a mobile air con unit that keeps one room cool where I can go and chill out and the only place the dog can settle without panting all day.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Early holiday today! A 48 inch water main broke in the wee hours of the morning at an intersection next to where I work. Because of the flooding, there is no power in my building. This is the next intersection over from the break, and the street I cross from the parking garage to where I work.

Needless to say, we're closed today, and until further notice. Fortunately, a coworker called me to tell me we're closed. While my boss did send out a text, I so rarely get texts that I wouldn't have checked, and I wouldn't have known until I hit the street closures.

upload_2018-7-3_8-21-47.png