• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hi all. It was so cold here this morning I couldn't get the key in the lock of the car door for ice:eek: Flip side is we now have a lovely sunny day so I have been playing catch up on the washing

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I made it! And the boat has turned with the tide and I'm drinking my coffee sitting in the sunshine as it blazes through the wheelhoose windas and keeps me cozy. What a life :cool:

And Dreamer?, THAT is why I don't live in the Waikato anymore! Can you believe my family actually thought I would move back there when my marriage turned turtle?! I mean, I LIVE IN THE BAY OF ISLANDS!!! For why would I do such an awful thing to mineself?!

Charles West

Adventurous
Sunshine and warm... high humidity but this is Arkansas. I am terrible on the conversion but 90 plus here will drop to 80 tonight.... you can almost drink the air.

Unlike some of my cousins in the northern US who have 2 seasons ... 4th of July and Winter.

Terre

Renowned
Sunshine and warm... high humidity but this is Arkansas. I am terrible on the conversion but 90 plus here will drop to 80 tonight.... you can almost drink the air.

Unlike some of my cousins in the northern US who have 2 seasons ... 4th of July and Winter.
4th of July and Winter. Similar here but with two windy yoyo periods in between.

ETA: Alysa posted this a while back which I have found useful: Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion (°F to °C)

Hornet3d

Wise
We are having a heat wave in the UK and while I suspect it is nothing like a heatwave in Australia and the US it is bad enough that we have a fairly bad fire on one of our moors. Also bad enough for some people to be evacuated from their homes.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I've a friend in Bristol, Hornet, who's so hot she's threatening to sleep outside with the foxes. I was thinking it was a joke till she posted photos of the foxes in her back garden.

Charles West

Adventurous
and again from Arkansas, USA ... 32.22 C no clouds or wind... it is miserable today...

Attachments

• 1280.jpg
    1280.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 148

Hornet3d

Wise
I've a friend in Bristol, Hornet, who's so hot she's threatening to sleep outside with the foxes. I was thinking it was a joke till she posted photos of the foxes in her back garden.

We live a short drive from Bristol so we have pretty well the same weather. The estate we live on used to be farmland and so we have quite a population of urban foxes as they are referred to but really we invaded their land. Neither my wife or I like the heat and have difficulty sleeping when it gets this hot so some years ago we purchased a portable air con unit so we can at least keep the bed room cool. While not rare air con in UK homes is no where near as common as parts of the US.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We have ducted cooling and heating. It's a good thing we also have solar panels to help with the cost of running it.
32 doesn't sound too bad but I'm guessing the humidity is the killer. I prefer dry heat any day.

@Hornet3d bush fires are never a good thing and I imagine a fire on the moor is similar.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Cooling: open a window
Heating: close the curtains and plug in the heater. :)
I like a dry heat too I also prefire a dry cold. And guess what we get here? Yep that's right, cold and wet or warm and damp :confused:
I would say fires on the moor could be worse if you are dealing with peatland, as that means the ground it's self burns and it can go underground

Terre

Renowned
That would be bad, yes. In this area we get grass fires and the occasional hay barn that self ignites.

Back in the late 70s or early 80s (I don't remember which) there was a fire in a storage unit at Kirtland AFB during a rain storm and the fire dept couldn't figure out why it was getting worse. After it finally got put out someone told the firefighters that one of the things stored there was one of the metals which burns in the presence of water. I don't remember if it was sodium, potassium, or magnesium (it was one of those three) at which point the firefighters got very annoyed and asked why they weren't informed of that earlier as they'd have used foam instead of water to fight the fire.
Actually I think it was sodium.

Last edited: