• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tatanka/American Bison/Plains Bison

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Work on UVs again. Should have them completed tomorrow now.

BisonWork44.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say. Never having seen a live Bison, I had no idea they were so tall.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah. Bison are 6 to 6.5 ft tall at the shoulder. And they are massive.

I had the good fortune to see some, once when I was a teenager. They are awe-inspiring in person. :)

They are huge, and mean too. I had a neighbor down the road that raised them for meat, and also breeded them with cows. He also had a couple rare white buffalo. Which were so special and majestic.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They are huge, and mean too. I had a neighbor down the road that raised them for meat, and also breeded them with cows. He also had a couple rare white buffalo. Which were so special and majestic.

Oh, yeah, you're not kidding! When the bison come, all else gets out of the way. When they mean business, they really do mean business. Bison don't go around things; they just go through them. LOL

White ones are breathtaking. And I don't know about your neighbor, but I know when I was that age, it was hammered home to us that if we saw a white one, it was to be left alone. No hunting, no butchering, no harassing... it was a respect that was driven home for us, I think. Deer were the same for us. Also squirrels and chipmunks...

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

My friends and I (in our foolish youth) got within about 2 feet of one on Catalina Island resting on the grass. Alarmed, it got up, and we darted for a nearby tree. I'll never forget how the earth shook when it got on all fours.

Harimau

Eager
Here are the 3 of the biggest bovines in the world: the gaur, bison (including the wisent) and the water buffalo (shown to the same scale). The gaur, the biggest living bovine, has always been my personal favourite and I hope you can morph it from your bison. All wild bovines are aggressive.

JksBJmU.jpg

Comparative sizes of all the large living bovines:

qPvGlMS.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Love Bison. Have done many renders using the ones I picked up at DAZ which haven't been too badly made for my needs anyway.
I do love the meat too, buying it in large quantities as ground meat whenever I can find it. Amazing how something so lean and tasty can come from something so fierce looking and smelly(though not as smelly as camels!)! LOL
I wonder what th calf of a Bison bred with the domestic cow would look like1