Tatanka/American Bison/Plains Bison

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

I'm certain that fur or strand based hair would look the best on this bison. But it seems to be a real challenge to get a good look, and then there's the idea of getting the desired results for both Poser and Studio. So these hair sheets should produce a solid result. I mean, look at how our Lion mane turned out. That's pretty solid too. I was hopeful as I was modeling the lion mane that we could get some thing good. And when Laurie got her hands on it, it turned to gold.

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Actually Chris, when Laure got her hands on it, it turned to platinum. ;)

Ken Gilliland and Chris like this.
  3. Chris

True that!

4. Chris

More hair sheets added to the back and shoulders. Coming along.

BisonWork36.JPG

5. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

Been watching here...JOYFUL that Indian ponies by Laurie (new appys) will have buffalo to run with!! eeek!! Now we need a GOOD simple Dusk Indian...oh wait! the LOIN CLOTH...I think Laurie did one that is a bit American Indian... woop!! ;)

Chris likes this.
  6. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Looking great, Chris!

7. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

He's starting to look like the buffalo I had outside my truck window.

8. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Ambitious

.....And i eat Bison burgers! Love Bison Steaks and Burgers! Buy it whenever it is available which is NOT always! And of course would love a whole hide with sculpted head and horns.

If you make the skin for this can Chris also make a good Buffalo hide rug like the old Bearskin rugs (I have never been able to find of any decent quality in the Poser-verse!)?

Chris likes this.
  9. Chris

Back and Shoulders covered now. Onto neck area.

BisonWork37.JPG

BisonWork38.JPG

10. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

WOW! Amazing work, as always, Chris. :)

11. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Ambitious HW3D Exclusive Artist

looking great, Chris!

12. carmen indorato

Maybe on face and chin where it would be hanging down, but on neck and hump seems curlier thicker looking hair would look more realistic don't you think?
    Actually I am curious....and this could go out to Laurie too.....is there a way of texturing for curlier fur or nappy fur and hair instead of smooth straight look? How are the Afro curly hair created for Poser? Is that strand?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018 at 10:53 AM
  13. carmen indorato

Saw an old western movie with Charles Bronson (God I love those old movies especially the westerns) where he tried to find and kill a white buffalo of Indian dreams terrorizing the land.
    I hope a white texture is created for this beauty as well. I already have two bison and despite my begging at the time no white texture for either.
    That might be the sale clincher that determines me buying this beauty. Hint! Hint! ;)

14. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Hmm, on a rug/flat hide it might be easier to make/use Poser and LAMH hair to generate the "fuzziness"/fur. That actually would be pretty easy for me to do. That would be a cool prop:)

(And LOL! I make a MEAN buffalo bacon cheeeseburger:)

15. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Yes I definitely envision doing a white buffalo version as an add-on as I want that for my own artwork:)

Rae134 likes this.
  16. carmen indorato

The strands or "fuzziness" could be just on the edges to minimize resource use....I have never used hair room and such so I shy away from even any suggestion to it like an abused feral dog shies away from human hands. :(
    Also would be cool adding morphs to make it less flat and lumpier in appearance and even better to create a folded morph to drape it over pole. Also, corded stretch frame and fleshing tools for native American treating of the hide.
    Bison Bacon or just with Bison burger with regular bacon! :) God you just made me salivate......Peanut butter sandwich is just NOT going to fix that now. Thanks! LOL

17. carmen indorato

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love You! Hope I can hold my breath that long! Can't wait!