• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tatanka/American Bison/Plains Bison

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm certain that fur or strand based hair would look the best on this bison. But it seems to be a real challenge to get a good look, and then there's the idea of getting the desired results for both Poser and Studio. So these hair sheets should produce a solid result. I mean, look at how our Lion mane turned out. That's pretty solid too. I was hopeful as I was modeling the lion mane that we could get some thing good. And when Laurie got her hands on it, it turned to gold.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More hair sheets added to the back and shoulders. Coming along.

BisonWork36.JPG

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Been watching here...JOYFUL that Indian ponies by Laurie (new appys) will have buffalo to run with!! eeek!! Now we need a GOOD simple Dusk Indian...oh wait! the LOIN CLOTH...I think Laurie did one that is a bit American Indian... woop!! ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
LOL Chris. I love your faith in me:) Yes it will be a challenge, but I am up for it. Def am going to have to visit and shoot some shots of our local herd.
Northern Colorado genetically pure bison herd has quadrupled in size

And I do actually own a buffalo hide - we got it from a company many years ago that raised bison organically for food and they use and sell all usable parts of the buffalo/no waste.

.....And i eat Bison burgers! Love Bison Steaks and Burgers! Buy it whenever it is available which is NOT always! And of course would love a whole hide with sculpted head and horns.

If you make the skin for this can Chris also make a good Buffalo hide rug like the old Bearskin rugs (I have never been able to find of any decent quality in the Poser-verse!)?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm certain that fur or strand based hair would look the best on this bison. But it seems to be a real challenge to get a good look, and then there's the idea of getting the desired results for both Poser and Studio. So these hair sheets should produce a solid result. I mean, look at how our Lion mane turned out. That's pretty solid too. I was hopeful as I was modeling the lion mane that we could get some thing good. And when Laurie got her hands on it, it turned to gold.
Maybe on face and chin where it would be hanging down, but on neck and hump seems curlier thicker looking hair would look more realistic don't you think?
Actually I am curious....and this could go out to Laurie too.....is there a way of texturing for curlier fur or nappy fur and hair instead of smooth straight look? How are the Afro curly hair created for Poser? Is that strand?

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Saw an old western movie with Charles Bronson (God I love those old movies especially the westerns) where he tried to find and kill a white buffalo of Indian dreams terrorizing the land.
I hope a white texture is created for this beauty as well. I already have two bison and despite my begging at the time no white texture for either.
That might be the sale clincher that determines me buying this beauty. Hint! Hint! ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
.....And i eat Bison burgers! Love Bison Steaks and Burgers! Buy it whenever it is available which is NOT always! And of course would love a whole hide with sculpted head and horns.

If you make the skin for this can Chris also make a good Buffalo hide rug like the old Bearskin rugs (I have never been able to find of any decent quality in the Poser-verse!)?

Hmm, on a rug/flat hide it might be easier to make/use Poser and LAMH hair to generate the "fuzziness"/fur. That actually would be pretty easy for me to do. That would be a cool prop:)

(And LOL! I make a MEAN buffalo bacon cheeeseburger:)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hmm, on a rug/flat hide it might be easier to make/use Poser and LAMH hair to generate the "fuzziness"/fur. That actually would be pretty easy for me to do. That would be a cool prop:)

(And LOL! I make a MEAN buffalo bacon cheeeseburger:)
The strands or "fuzziness" could be just on the edges to minimize resource use....I have never used hair room and such so I shy away from even any suggestion to it like an abused feral dog shies away from human hands. :(
Also would be cool adding morphs to make it less flat and lumpier in appearance and even better to create a folded morph to drape it over pole. Also, corded stretch frame and fleshing tools for native American treating of the hide.
Bison Bacon or just with Bison burger with regular bacon! :) God you just made me salivate......Peanut butter sandwich is just NOT going to fix that now. Thanks! LOL