• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
I didn’t make this for the challenge, but when I realized it has four items from the Stay Home - Spread Hope category I figured I’d share it here. I call the female version Gnobbitina ;-)
View attachment 58487
SCENE CREDITS: Fairie Pond Set by Sixus1; Daylilies*, Asiatic Lillies*, Black-Eyed Susans*, and Indian Grass by Lisa’s Botanicals; Flutter of Butterflies by ShaaraMuse; RDNA Scatters Vol 3 - Dragonflies; Fishing Pole by France; Sandwich by Pokeydots (modified by me); Paper boat by me.

CHARACTER CREDITS: Gnobbit figure, t-shirt, pants, and hair by Ghostman*; Gnobbitina’s dress by me; Goldtassel Chic Hair; SongbirdRemix2 by Ken Gilliland (Yellow-rumped Warblers).

* free items from the Stay Home - Spread Hope category

Rendered in April 2020 in Poser Pro 11 Firefly at 4000 x 2250 pixels. View full size on my blog.

I love how you shared the credits, but for those of us who don't know some of these creators, are links to the creditors allowed? I want that paper boat and that fishing pole :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Edited the OP to add:

• Post work is allowed
  • Post your images to this thread.
  • Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines.
    • 1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions. Images can be any size W or H but cannot exceed 1600 pixels in either direction.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I love that style ... Did you do it by hand or apply a cool filter? (I'm a fan of art filters :))
Hey WillowRaven, I had commented about it too, and this is the response I got. I'm not familiar with it, so you may want to check it out.

Thanks for your comment. For everyone who might be wondering, the effect was done through DeepDreamGenerator. Love the many effects it provides.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
DeepDreamGenerator is a website that you upload your artwork to and select someone else artwork and its AI works out style and add it to your own art (for example it will look at Vincents "stary night" and apply that brushstroke effect etc). There are a few websites with this kind of AI for artwork, quite fun to play with but you have to be careful as I think you give away your rights to your images when you upload.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh, OK. I didn't realize you had to upload your images to use it. So it's not a piece of software you can install on your own computer. Thanks, I wasn't aware of that, and I wouldn't use it either, unless they had a written statement about giving them rights to your finished image by agreement. Otherwise, they're stealing it from you.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know if all of them do it but I have seen at least one of them :) always read the fine print!

I love how you shared the credits, but for those of us who don't know some of these creators, are links to the creditors allowed? I want that paper boat and that fishing pole

I try to put enough info in my credits that others can find the items with a Google search. But I just tried that for the fishing pole and clearly that wasn't quite enough info! You can find it on France's ShareCG gallery. It's under the DAZ section but the prop works in Poser too. As for the paper boat, I made that yesterday, for this render. (I always enjoy a modeling challenge!) I hadn't anticipated offering it as a freebie, but I can send the OBJ to anyone who wants it!

Saphirewild

Brilliant
Entry #3
Titled: Covid19 Stay Home and Stay Safe
I tried to add LAMH to House Cat but it didn't work out so well
Covid19 Stay Home and Stay Safe.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know if all of them do it but I have seen at least one of them :) always read the fine print!
That's assuming there is fine print. That's what I like about the way Renderosity handles entries in their gallery. They have options you can select, or ignore, like allowing them to use your render in their newsletters, or on their facebook page, etc. I doubt they would use it to make a profit, they're not that kind of site, but lesser known sites will get away with it if the user is unaware of it, so giving the users the option to agree to the site's terms, or just some of them, is good, but not all do it, so you're at their mercy.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
My uncle died of Corona. Sad Tidings.
:grouphug:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Finally made it to our summer residence and made my smartphone work as a hotspot. Now the only thing is a chromecast and a netflix subscription LOL. At least I can work online now using my phone, much more data on there then the packs I buy here.
Wow, I just loooove all those images that have been posted so far.

Hugz to all and stay safe!
:grouphug:

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
DeepDreamGenerator is a website that you upload your artwork to and select someone else artwork and its AI works out style and add it to your own art (for example it will look at Vincents "stary night" and apply that brushstroke effect etc). There are a few websites with this kind of AI for artwork, quite fun to play with but you have to be careful as I think you give away your rights to your images when you upload.

I'm not seeing the fine print to read, lol ... But thanks for the warning. Is there a way to save or download the final result?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good to know WillowRaven, so thanks for letting us know. :)

Edited to Add: OK, I skimmed though sections of their Terms of Service, and they are very specific as to what you can, or can't, do, and what they will do. It's a long page, but well worth readinng if you're interested in using their service.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Title: Is This Our New Normal?
View attachment 58503

I met my son in town so he could do some grocery shopping. Our county has a lot fewer cases than his so he drives here to go shopping. He had his 8 year old daughter with him. I asked what she thought about the virus. She said she misses being able to play with her friends. :(

Hugs still allowed from the Easter Bunny. Thank you for the wonderful Gifts.

View attachment 58511

Wonderful image! Welcome to the hive!

Last edited: