• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Squee!!!! Welcome Fabiana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY, they are here!!! ~waves wildly at Fabi and Lu~

It is going to be so great having you two here at the Hive. I've got the new set in my wishlist, but have to wait 'til I get my checks deposited after tomorrow's holiday (and cleared), so I will definitely be picking it up before the sale is over. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I can make it before the current sale end date. I don't know about anyone else wanting to get them, and waiting for funds to do so.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well I can make it before the current sale end date. I don't know about anyone else wanting to get them, and waiting for funds to do so.

I was waiting on funds but picked them up earlier in the week. Haven't had chance to do a render as I've been working on Diva...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
So wonderful to have you and Lu here, Fabi! We look forward to more of your beautiful creations!

fabiana

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Awww well we love the warm ambient here.
If things get fine I will manage something...
Thanks for the love!!!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wonderful news...can anyone tell me if it is only materials that might be a concern in DS? Happy to buy and use with the shaders I already have...

Yes, it's only the materials that will NOT work in DS :).

@Pendraia Yes, what Alisa said. I have the set (and I love it!), and from what I can tell it is like most Fabi and Lu jewelry; all but the materials work just fine in Studio!

There are 2 small things - one I didn't note in the ReadMe is that the pendants may not come in the correct place, so you have to fiddle

The other (which is in the ReadMe) is that you should hide the "jewel" body part under Chest 2 of the Necklace before rendering.

@Alisa They come in properly placed for me; I just make sure I have Dawn selected and in Zero-pose, then load the Necklace cord. THEN I make sure I have the Necklace selected and load the jewel. So long as it's done that way, the pendant will come in parented to the necklace cord, and then all I have to do is parent the cord to Dawn's Chest 2 body part and I'm good to go from there.

The key is to just make sure we load the items in BEFORE we begin posing the figure (or else if I've already started posing on Dawn and decide down the road that I want the jewelry on her, I just have DS memorize the figure pose, then have it ZERO the pose, apply jewelry and then tell DS to restore the pose and then resume my working from there). Works beautifully for me in DS 4.8. :)

I don't really view this as fiddling. Maybe it's because I've just gotten so used to it over the years, but I have seen many V3, V4, or Genesis and G2F jewelry items that have to be done the same way. But I learned aeons ago back on Poser 4 (LOL!) to always check and make sure everything is parented to the figure when I load such items...

@fabiana Fabi and Lu - it is SO nice to see you two here! Can't wait to see what else you bring to the table. I've been a fan of your items ever since the 3DCommune days! :D

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice trick Seliah...I wouldn't of thought of using memorise the pose. The only issues I had was when I posed Diva first and then tried to load it. Which is the same as what you're saying.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, I make LIBERAL use of the Memorize/Restore pose function in DS! LOL!! I am such an off-the-cuff artist, that I frequently am adding and removing things all the way through the scene until I get the "final setup" that I'm going to render, and if anyone thinks I'm going to manually re-pose every finger, toe, or joint on my characters just to load in a piece of jewelry, they're smoking something and not sharing it! :D I love that little trick.

I sometimes also make use of the Memorize Figure Shape/Restore Figure Shape as well, if what I'm doing is changing a hair object out (and I NEVER conform my hairs, they always get parented to the heads), or adding in things like a headband or crown or such where my morphed figure's shape overly complicates matters. You can do both at once - memorize the shape, then have it memorize the pose, then set both to zero, make your changes, and restore each one and you're off and running again. :) I love that little function, it saves SO many headaches and helps keep our swear jar a little less full. :roflmao:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Great tips, Seliah! May have been that I didn't have things selected right when I tried it - maybe I did sometimes and that's why I didn't mention it in the ReadMe lol!

Have we noted that you can mix and match the pendants from different sets?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Chris, that would be great for those who need a few more days past the current end of sale date to pick it up. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I picked mine up today. Of course, the store insisted I'd entered the wrong security code, when what I'd done was entered the wrong expiration year. Silly me.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I've done that before when I got a new card, after the old one had expired.

Hornet3d

Wise
What with the holiday and the forum being down I have not been visiting much so what a start to 2016 for me. Not only is the forum back but my favorite vendors have popped up here and Dawn has some fantastic jewelry to wear.

Thanks to everyone.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Hornet, welcome back, and yes, I dressed up Dawn in her new jewelry late last night, and hope to show her off here shortly. ;)