• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Squee!!!! Welcome Fabiana

fabiana

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Lu is informed but does not write lol she hated the english classes at school and now is regretting it.
But she knows what you are doing/saying!!!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Send her hugs - those are EASY to understand ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Lu is informed but does not write lol she hated the english classes at school and now is regretting it.
But she knows what you are doing/saying!!!!

Ohhh Fabi, tell Lu that I very much understand! English is an "awful" language- it often makes no sense! So many words SOUND alike, but are spelled differently, so then mean a different thing! I took Spanish in school, and I LOVED it, I could read it and understand it, and I HAD DREAMS IN SPANISH... but that was back in High School (when I was 17!) so now I have forgotten a lot. But tell Lu I do sympathize!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Lyne, it is an awful language try teaching to Grade 1's why a word sounds the same but the spelling is different.

Zaarin

Brilliant
@Lyne, it is an awful language try teaching to Grade 1's why a word sounds the same but the spelling is different.
From a perspective of historical linguistics it makes sense, especially since many words that now sound the same once sounded different (for example, "knight" vs. "night"); others, of course, are spelled differently just to differentiate them ("to" vs. "too"). You think English spelling is crazy, try French or Irish, either of which have enough silent letters to make English look quite sane. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Zaarin, I suppose it's all a matter of perspective...I don't know either of those languages and was thinking more of Italian when I wrote that. You're right there are reasons it's all over the place not the least being how often England got invaded which added new words to the language e.g. William the Conqueror, the Vikings. English has many words which are irregular due to all these things. You'll find Latin based words, french based, Greek based, etc...Latin based languages like Italian are imo easier to learn as the rules are simple in terms of phonetics. I don't know Irish but do the silent letters follow a rule/rules of some sort? English is generally considered to be one of the worst languages for irregular spelling.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And then there is Welsh. Which I absolutely love. And ... it's supposed to be very easy to learn because it's all phonetic ... and apparently, nothing is silent. But ... my brain doesn't comprehend phonetics!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Is it all phonetic? Every time I look at something, even just a name, in Welsh I cringe.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think you will find that some languages even if they look difficult when you understand the rules they're easy but English has so many exceptions to the rules it's not funny. It's mainly due to the fact that it's a mongrel language which has lots of influences from other languages. Bit like myself I was born in England but have Irish and even some blood from the people who came over with William the Conqueror, not to mention I'm a quarter Armenian. You try teaching a 6-7 year old that there are so many different ways to spell there(their, they're)and the contractions!

Zaarin

Brilliant
Hey Zaarin, I suppose it's all a matter of perspective...I don't know either of those languages and was thinking more of Italian when I wrote that. You're right there are reasons it's all over the place not the least being how often England got invaded which added new words to the language e.g. William the Conqueror, the Vikings. English has many words which are irregular due to all these things. You'll find Latin based words, french based, Greek based, etc...Latin based languages like Italian are imo easier to learn as the rules are simple in terms of phonetics. I don't know Irish but do the silent letters follow a rule/rules of some sort? English is generally considered to be one of the worst languages for irregular spelling.
French, English, and Irish all have the same problem: their spelling was ossified hundreds of years ago. I'd say all of them make sense if you know the history of the language. French is relatively easy in that it's mostly just final consonants and some instances of <s> that you don't pronounce, like "est" pronounced like "eh." Irish, well...For example, Samhain is pronounced something like "sown" (rhyming with town). I think Irish orthography is kind of pretty, but it's quite confusing. Even more so before relatively recent reforms (which gives as such forms as Lughbhaidh, pronounced "loo").

And then there is Welsh. Which I absolutely love. And ... it's supposed to be very easy to learn because it's all phonetic ... and apparently, nothing is silent. But ... my brain doesn't comprehend phonetics!
Welsh does have a clearer orthography than the other Celtic languages, for sure. It takes a while to remember that <w> and <y> are vowels, though.

not to mention I'm a quarter Armenian.
That's really cool! I have no idea where it came from exactly, but I have quite a fascination with the history of Armenia even stretching all the way back to the Kingdom of Mitanni. It has quite a heritage.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's an interesting story....we have tried to trace the sister but haven't had any success.
My grandmother was from an Armenian family who lived in Turkey in the early 1900's. Her father initially married her off to a sailor from an English family. He married her sister off to an American. We believe that he was trying to get his children out of the country as it was around then that Armenians were having major problems in Turkey.
Came back to England and his family were horrified and managed to get them divorced and to keep her daughter from seeing her for many years. Than she married my grandfather who was in the Royal Marines in about a dozen different ceremonies to assure herself there wouldn't be a divorce...I never met her as she died before I was born but apparently she was a real character. She to give my father Martell's Cordon Bleu Cognac to sip to get him to go to bed.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...it must have been very scary for their family at the time. It would be great to reconnect if we could with that side of the family. My sister even went to Turkey to visit where they lived and see if she could find anything out but unfortunately wasn't able to.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I know that in light of persecution of Armenian Christians in Syria the Armenian government was working to bring a lot of the Armenian diaspora back to Armenia; I wonder if they have some resources that could help you find your relatives?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FYI... Fabi and Luci's store is on SALE now at Rendo ...and this product for Dawn:
Bijoux Hantee for Dawn 3D Figure Essentials 3D Models fabiana

included pose files to USE OTHER FABI JEWELRY SETS for V4 rings and pendents ON DAWN~!

So if you don't have the patients I do, in placing her jewelry for V4 on Dawn...this will help. Yes, LeafLife 2 for Dawn includes the same corded necklace in this "add on pack for Dawn", but the Barbed wire necklace and rings in this set are for Dawn too. While you need the original set for Vl4 for all the materials, I am pretty sure you can also use ANY FABI METAL materials on the barbed wire necklace.

ALL of Fabi's set's earrings EASILY maneuver onto Dawn's ears via Poser's trans dials. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know, it's getting so I can't find anything in her store I want that I don't already have.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I got this when it first came out! It is a wonderful set as all of Fabiana's stuff is.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually I had to check, and I have it for V4. Not sure why I didn't get the Dawn version.