• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Happy Earth Day! Do something good for the planet today... it could be something as simply as trying to recycle more, trying lower your carbon footprint or planting a plant favored by birds-- saying that, I hear "our" California Thrasher singing happily outside my office door in our Ribes (currant) thicket. The male has been proudly showing his mate the forming berries "yup, this is my territory and all those berries will be yours and mine"

I taken some time to rework how products are seen on my website store. Both the Songbird ReMix and Nature's Wonders sections have been reorganized to actually make some sense. Rather than chronological release order, they are now grouped by type.
Happy Earth Day to you as well Ken. :)

As far as regrouping your products in the store, I didn't think that was possible, but certainly makes sense.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've been doing something good for the planet for over a year now. I hardly ever leave my apartment so I hardly ever drive! Yay me!

I do wish it were easier to recycle here at my apartment building. We have three floors in the parking garage, and each floor has bins for recycling different things. Cardboard goes in the huge bins on the main parking garage floor. But we have to put glass, paper, and plastic in bins on the other two floors. Consequently, I have oodles of Rao soup jars and little La Fermière yogurt jars stashed in my kitchen as I can't remember which floor has the bins for glass. I may just leave them by the cardboard bins as it just makes no sense to have recycling bins spread out over three floors.

I think I saw two crows chasing a raven over the weekend. I'm sure about the two crows, but less sure about whether the other bird was a raven. It was bigger than the two crows, and it was black. Perhaps it was simply a Refrigerator Perry crow?

Naw. It had to be a raven. It definitely wasn't one of the hawks that frequently hang out in the area. Living across the street from the suburbs with all those trees can be rather cool.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We have recycling bins in each of the compactor rooms on each floor of our building, so the only time I have to bring anything to the main recycling and/or garbage rooms downstairs, is when it's too large to leave upstairs, or fit down the compactor.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We had a larger trash room on each floor in my last apartment building, so we could leave our recyclables in the trash room. But the trash rooms on each floor here are very small. Basically, they are just big enough for a single person to be inside tossing trash down the trash chute at a time. Which is why it's such a big deal when people just leave their trash bags or empty pizza boxes on the floor.

I miss the days when I had a garage to store trash cans, and one only had to wheel them out to the street, along with any recyclables, in the morning, and wheel them back inside in the evening. Since I have to fight Tsuki most times I leave the apartment, it's a pain to take the trash down to the trash room daily. So ... stuff that's going to decompose and smell go into a baggie and then into the freezer. Apparently, I'm not the only one who does that. When Philadelphia had problems with trash collecting because workers were ill with Covid, the Mayor told people to stop "storing" their garbage in the street, especially on days trash wasn't being collected. And ... if they had stuff that was going to smell, wrap it up and put it in the freezer like he does.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's interesting . . . the storing garbage that smells in baggies in the freezer. I never would've thought of doing that.

We don't individually have to bring our garbage down to the street. Our building has a porter who comes to every floor to collect the recyclables, and he brings the trash from the trash rooms (after they've gone through the compactors), out to the street to be picked up by Sanitation on the appropriate days. We just need to bring large things to the big trash room, and big recycle room, downstairs so we don't clutter up the smaller rooms on each floor. Yours sound like they're about the same size as ours, and I always break apart small boxes (like from frozen foods, cookies, etc.) and flatten them so I can put them up on the shelf in the room on my floor. Folks put newspapers and magazines up there as well.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So... later today... as late afternoon on the west coast (USA), I'll be changing Renderosity store pages with new art and descriptions for the 5 updates (Songbird ReMix Africa, Cool and Unusual v1, European Edition 2, Pose Pack 2 and Woodpeckers) as they prepare to go live.

This will probably drive most of you crazy since it appears Renderosity has been really slow in transferring purchase records. I'm apologizing in advance for teasing you with the updated products you are going to have to wait to get. If its any consolation, telling you those updates are going live hints pretty broadly at what will be starting this weekend.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's OK Ken. I keep a spreadsheet for every 3D store I've ever shopped in, so I have a list of all your products I have purchased over the years.

Yes, I'll have to wait until they get our accounts up-to-date for any of your updates, but at least I'll know exactly what I shouldn't be looking at as far as new purchases go. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Audubon's Birthday Sale!

33% (or more) of my proceeds from the sale will go to Audubon in support of their $5/5 Birds program. This program compensates farmers to delay their wheat harvests, so that the endangered Tri-colored Blackbirds, who nest in the fields have the extra time for their nestlings to fledge and avoid being "harvested". Every dollar given saves at least one endangered bird.

Audubon's birthday.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Got all the emails! :D They sent out one for each of the five "new" or updated products, and then an email with the Birthday Sale announcement.

I'm just surprised it's only for 4 days, but that's probably how long Renderosity sales usually last.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Way back when, the DAZ sale was only three days, basically a long weekend. When I moved to HW the sale period was longer; it started off lasting two weeks and finally moved to a week-long sale. The sale was longer at HW because of the smaller customer base. I felt a longer sale would allow the news to filter to DAZ and Renderosity. Yes, Renderosity does 4-day sales, so we've returned to a slightly longer version of the original sale format. Not knowing the habitats of the Renderosity customer base, I'll assess if changes need to be made after the sale.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, OK.

BTW, I'm going through the products I don't already have, and I've noticed Promo image #6 of the Waterfowl Vol. 2 needs to be redone, as it looks like a small promo being stretched into the size of all the other promos in that pack.

I'm guessing it's of the Harlequin Duck and Black Scoter Promo.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh, OK.

BTW, I'm going through the products I don't already have, and I've noticed Promo image #6 of the Waterfowl Vol. 2 needs to be redone, as it looks like a small promo being stretched into the size of all the other promos in that pack.

I'm guessing it's of the Harlequin Duck and Black Scoter Promo.
Thanks, it's fixed :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Today, April 27th, is the final day of my Audubon's Birthday (it's also my 25th wedding anniversary-- hard to believe it's 25 years ;) )
Click my banner below to go to the sale

A few items will continue on sale for the next few weeks (but at 30% off). Those items are my 2 new sets, "Paridae of the World" and "Woodpeckers 2: Woodpeckers of Eurasia". I will probably continue the sale on "Woodpeckers v1" and "Cool and Unusual Birds v1" because Renderosity really didn't advertise those two re-releases and they were buried on the last page of my store. "Australia v2" and "Art Treasures from the Bowerbird Collection" re-releases should appear in early May.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since Australia v2's update includes Bowerbirds, it has made since to also update the "Art Treasures from the Bowerbird Collection". The render below shows a couple additional "Treasures" I'm adding to the set; a functional Plastic Clothes Pin and a 10 Australian dollar bill. The money, simply because I saw Bowerbird decorating is bower with several $10 bills and the money is visually attractive and the clothes pin because it seemed like a fun, relatively easy-to-do modeling challenge. I'll probably include a preload, similar to this, in the update for those who just want a prebuilt bower

Render 5.jpg