• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Ken, just grabbed your freebie Roadrunner Animation over at Renderosity, and noticed the Freebie button on the SBRM Cool & Unusual Birds set product page doesn't have a link to this new freebie.

I don't know if you do that, or if someone at Renderosity has to do it for you, but you should get the link set up on that page in your store.

Oh, and I found it because it was one of this week’s Staff Pick Freebies of the week. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
For some reason, it won't let me link to the store product... that's why. I'll have Renderosity look at it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhhhh, I was wondering if there was something holding it back. I'm sure they'll know how to get it set up, as I see it on a lot of vendors product pages.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've given both the updated Australia v2 and Art Treasures from the Bowerbird Collection to my testers, so I'll now look at what key SBRM models I have to convert to unlock more updated sets-- I think it's the Syndactyl (aka Kingfisher) and Hummingbird models which will make the following updates possible: Second Edition, Cool and Unusual 2, Yucatan, Amazon, Australia v1 and, of course, both Hummingbird sets. I still hope to finish the seabird sets by the end of summer. And then, it's a matter of updating the models for the single sets (flamingos, pelicand, jacanas, dodo).

Here's an Iray render of the bowerbirds (Australia v2) and Art Treasures...

Attachments

• Keys to the Kingdom.jpg
    Keys to the Kingdom.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 158

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have Art Treasures and all the Australian sets (and I think one of the Birds of Prey that has the Wedgetail in it) so I can't wait to get them updated! (no just for the transfers to go through Rendo's end!) <3

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Did the Art Treasures get rolled into the Australia set? I don't see a separate listing for it.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Renderosity decided to offer both, Australia v2 and Art Treasures as "new" products and they only release one new product per vendor per day, so it will show up tomorrow.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah. Understood. I'm not sure that I'll repurchase that one since it's mainly a prop set, and I don't use Iray. They haven't transferred my purchase history yet, so I'll probably need to repurchase the Australia pack if i want to have the new release discount. But there are a lot of new bird coats in that one, since you've added the females of several.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The "Art Treasures" set has some new and enhanced props in it but it's primary use is for Bowerbird scenes. What's new? Well, I added a $10 Australian bill (with a bunch of morphs), a working plastic clothes pin and Apple snail shell (included also in Birds of Prey 3). I've also added a number of morphs to the actual "bower entrance" and a "preloaded" complete bower.

If you can live without immediate access to it, all those extra goodies will still be there when the purchase data finally gets transferred.

Attachments

• SBRM_Art_Treasures_Promo2.jpg
    SBRM_Art_Treasures_Promo2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 142
  • SBRM_Art_Treasures_Promo1.jpg
    SBRM_Art_Treasures_Promo1.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 145

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
@Ken Gilliland , did you ever made the Native to New Zealand, kākāpō the walking green parrot aka the "Owl Parrot" ?
I saw a documentary the other day about this endangered species, so fascinating and unique.
The way the feathers mimic the forest floor for camouflage is amazing as is their behavior .

Attachments

• 20190818-fat-parrot-2000px-2.jpg
    20190818-fat-parrot-2000px-2.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 3744.jpg
    3744.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 150

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Ken Gilliland , did you ever made the Native to New Zealand, kākāpō the walking green parrot aka the "Owl Parrot" ?
I saw a documentary the other day about this endangered species, so fascinating and unique.
The way the feathers mimic the forest floor for camouflage is amazing as is their behavior .
The Kakapo is good at camouflage but the kings of camouflage art in the bird world are nightjars and potoos