• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's one of the reasons I bought the Potoos. I found it extremely interesting they could pose in such a manner as to not easily be detected.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Another funny one is this one , Bird of Paradise ? how they survived the evolution doing it ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-19 130205.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-19 130205.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 161

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I do love the nightjars and potoos. They are just so strange looking, you can't help but love them. That is ... if you can spot them.

Perhaps oddly, my favorite bird to listen to is the Red Tailed Hawk.

Miss B

CV-BEE
YES! I noticed that earlier, but didn't have the time to mention it. I've seen a few regulars over at Renderosity have been doing that in the past couple/three months as well.

Harimau

Eager
@Ken Gilliland , did you ever made the Native to New Zealand, kākāpō the walking green parrot aka the "Owl Parrot" ?
I saw a documentary the other day about this endangered species, so fascinating and unique.
The way the feathers mimic the forest floor for camouflage is amazing as is their behavior .
The Kakapo is the most basal of all the parrots. It is flightless and is the biggest of all living parrots. Being basal does not mean that it resembles the ancestral parrot - it has taken the same length of time for it to evolve to occupy its present niche and become flightless as it has taken the rest of the parrots to evolve to theirs. The ancestral parrot most likely could fly. Related to the Kakapo, Heracles inexpectatus (often referred to as "Hercules parrot"), is the biggest parrot ever known - twice the size of its descendant, the Kakapo. It was likely flightless too, its robust beak could crack open more than the conventional parrot foods of fruit, nuts, and berries and like the Kakapo, Heracles may have used it strong beak to climb trees.

Kakapo ((Strigops habroptilus):

Kakapo2.jpg

A reconstruction of Heracles inexpectatus:

Heracles4_&_Kuiornis_V3_p1280.jpg

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
The Kakapo is the most basal of all the parrots. It is flightless and is the biggest of all living parrots. Being basal does not mean that it resembles the ancestral parrot - it has taken the same length of time for it to evolve to occupy its present niche and become flightless as it has taken the rest of the parrots to evolve to theirs. The ancestral parrot most likely could fly. Related to the Kakapo, Heracles inexpectatus (often referred to as "Hercules parrot"), is the biggest parrot ever known - twice the size of its descendant, the Kakapo. It was likely flightless too, its robust beak could crack open more than the conventional parrot foods of fruit, nuts, and berries and like the Kakapo, Heracles may have used it strong beak to climb trees.

Kakapo ((Strigops habroptilus):

View attachment 69314

A reconstruction of Heracles inexpectatus:

View attachment 69315
Thank you , I saw a lot of documentary about this parrot already and since I grow up around parrots, I just find this species so interesting , I can't explain it , their vocalization sounds like a little T-Rex and their mating call 'BOOMING' not typical for a bird , It is sad they are on the path for extinction , they need more attention of the world to preserve them.

you need to see this funny video, I could not stop laughing . happy moments for Sirocco lol

and other interesting one

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I just grabbed SBRM Australia v2 before the sale ends tomorrow. ;)
Thank-you for your support!

----

Australian Volume 1 is progressing-- it's getting a much bigger facelift than I thought it would need. Many of the bird shapes and textures need total overhauls (plus adding in additional dimorphic females to the set) and the Superb Lyrebird is problematic. The old version of the set used the gamebird model with a very complex tail add-on for the Lyrebird. The tail add-on is a monster; 12 feathers, with 14-27 parts on each feather. Plus, the coding was never really cleaned up in the original version to lockdown settings and make the menuing look nice (meaning there's literally thousands edits to do).

In the new version that I working on, I've decided that my Guineafowl model, which I think is a better choice for a starting place. I've removed the existing tail and added in the existing Lyrebird tail as one model. Doing it this way will make the model easier to use and look better but also makes the model as easily as complex as my Peafowl model is. I am considering making it a separate standalone model (along with the other bird in its family, Albert''s Lyrebird) and adding a different replacement bird for Australia v1.

ausv1-2.jpg

A look at the old 2010 Lybrebird vs. the work on the "new" Lyrebird...
lyrebirdM.jpg

lyrebirdtest.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I always thought the tail feathers on the Lyrebird were unusual, so seeing how the updated version is going to be is cool. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Love the Fairywrens.

Australia has the coolest birds. Which is only fair, considering they have so many dangerous/venomous creatures. But don't worry, it's not the sharks, octopi, jellyfish, stingrays, cassowary/emu, snakes, spiders, stonefish, snails, crocs, and dingoes you really need to worry about. The most deaths are caused by horses, cows, and dogs.

Just goes to show it's the animals you take for granted that will get you.