• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The G8.1 model will be immediatly in my cart. BTW: Which model did you use for the picture? He looks very close to Michael 4 from the face.

Unfortunately, the transfer of paid HiveWire products at Rendo is still not showing any progress. Please allow a little suggestion. Maybe you could think about a Patreon account for the updates (and maybe some extras for the different tiers). But please take this just as an idea.
First, I know that Renderosity is still working the account transfer. Their programmers have others site issues to resolve too. The images in people's galleries got jumbled in a December platform change. I have now a one page gallery-- it used to be about 50 pages dating back at the way to 1999. So, I know its hard but let's give them a little more patience and time. Letting them handle all the updates is my preferred choice... but if they still don't have the info in place by mid-April, I'll have to work some other temporary system out so that everyone can get what updates there were released at the end of the year and the big batch that will be released in late April).

The male figure came with the the stock G8.1 set and is Michael 8.1. I put a darker shader on his skin since I couldn't find any Polynesian characters.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's the final piece of my Cool and Unusual Birds 1 set for its update-- I want to clean up the textures a bit more but it does look significantly better than the 2005 version. ;)

roadrunner_comparsion.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just FYI, not quite in progress, but they're getting READY...so, yes, check out the 2nd post in that thread Kerya linked ;)

xyer0

Brilliant
That coyote is after you / If he catches you you're through!
The male figure came with the the stock G8.1 set and is Michael 8.1. I put a darker shader on his skin since I couldn't find any Polynesian characters.
Just so you know: Kimo 7 has an EXCELLENT skin, and he's purported to be Polynesian.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've been finishing up the "Cool & Unusual Birds v1" update now that I have the final piece done, the Roadrunner. It's funny... that was one of the primary reasons for me creating that first digital lizard set. While in Arizona, I saw a roadrunner parading around the Saguaro National Park Visitor's Center with a lizard in its beak. Male roadrunners do this when courting a female. Suddenly, he ran up to a big plate glass glass very upset. He was challenging the "other" roadunner he saw in the window (his reflection). I knew from that point I had to have a western fence lizard model for my digital roadrunner! It took me 4 years to finally get around to making the lizard and then an additional 4 years to create an updated roadrunner worthy of that lizard model

He seems at home in my Sagebush Habitat-- probably work equally as well with the Saguaro Habitat set too.

roadrunner2.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK Ken, I have a question, though it's not about any of SBRM or Nature's Wonders products, but one of your oldies, but goodies . . . namely the Mission Bells set. It says it's for DS3, which I don't have installed on this new-ish laptop, Poser 9/2012 and Poser 10/2014. Will it work in Poser 11?

I don't care about it not having SF materials, I'm just interested in the set itself. I can't imagine it not working, but just wanted to check with you first before I grab it later today.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
OK Ken, I have a question, though it's not about any of SBRM or Nature's Wonders products, but one of your oldies, but goodies . . . namely the Mission Bells set. It says it's for DS3, which I don't have installed on this new-ish laptop, Poser 9/2012 and Poser 10/2014. Will it work in Poser 11?

I don't care about it not having SF materials, I'm just interested in the set itself. I can't imagine it not working, but just wanted to check with you first before I grab it later today.

I haven't tried it but it should work in Poser 11 and 12. Poser is really good about backwards compatibility. That product, Seashore house, sfari Camp and others will eventually get their facelifts too and get Iray/SF support (after I finish the Songbird ReMix series).

...for those who don't know, I'm having a one day MMM sale today at Renderosity

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Ken. I figured the set itself should work, and I will certainly try the Seashore House (which I already have) too while I'm at it. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That's what I was thinking as well.
Most of my "older" products and even some of the new ones are still legacy rigging. Weight-mapping can be pretty unfriendly to layered transparency planes (that I used lot of), so I tend to build my models in legacy rigging and then convert them in DS, and in Poser MW (only if needed). WM really doesn't improve my bird models in most instances (although I did use it recently with my Roadrunner).

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's the new Ivory-billed Woodpecker from the updated "Woodpeckers" (now called SBRM Woodpeckers v1: Woodpeckers of North America").
These woodpeckers, along with the above Roadunner, and below Turaco and Go-Away Bird are all from the same model (my Zygodactyl2 base)
Ivory-billedWP.jpg
SBRM_Africa_Promo2.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
If the woodpeckers has a new name, does that mean it's a new product? Or is this a free update if we have the old version?

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
If the woodpeckers has a new name, does that mean it's a new product? Or is this a free update if we have the old version?

Dana
Nope, its the same product, so it's a free update-- apart from all the updated items, the only real change was that I swapped the Great Spotted Woodpecker for a new woodpecker, theRed-naped Sapsucker. The reason for this was so I could subtitle the set "Woodpeckers of North America". The Great spotted was the only non-North American woodpecker in the set, so it made better sense to me to put that in a new set I'm working on "V2: Woodpeckers of Eurasia"